From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
International Fact-Finding Mission on Israeli Settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory The UN Office of the High Commissioner for Refugee Rights reports on the various ways in which the human rights of Palestinians have been violated by the existence of settlements.
HRW Statement on Sweeping Injustices in Saudi Arabia Human Rights Watch reports on the recent crackdown on activists in Saudi Arabia and the need for judicial reforms.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group issues a monthly "Crisis Watch" report on Syria. These briefs are compiled here, showing the progression of the Syrian conflict.
This Is A Mass Sexual Assault... We Will Resist (Video) Operation Anti-Sexual Harassment/Assault highlights the attack on female protesters in Egypt's Tahrir Square on 25 January 2013.
Military Justice? Palestinians in Israeli Courts (Video) In this new project, the Center for Palestine Studies (CPS) at Columbia University hosts a series of panels with some of the world's leading legal scholars on Palestine in order to promote innovative academic thought on legal questions related to Palestine.
Statement on 43 Bahraini Protesters Arrested Days After Calls for Dialogue The Bahrain Center for Human Rights expresses its concern over the excessive use of force used against protesters in Manama on 25 January 2013.
UK Spyware in Bahrain: Company's Denials Called Into Question Bahrain Watch reports on new evidence that contradicts British software company Gamma International's claims that they did not sell their "lawful interception" computer spyware to the Bahraini government.
National Students for Justice in Palestine Stands in Solidarity with Brooklyn College National Students for Justice in Palestine announces its support for the Brooklyn College Political Science Department in its con-sponsorship of an event discussing the boycott, divest, and sanctions campaign against Israel.
HRW Report on Repression and Reform in Morocco and the Western Sahara In its World Report 2013, Human Rights Watch highlights the wait for improvements to the human rights situation in Morocco after the adoption of a progressive constitution last year.
Pakistan: Countering Militancy in PATA International Crisis Group reports on the possibilities for stabilizing the Provinicially Administered Tribal Area in Pakistan, which has remained volatile after three years of efforts to oust Islamist insurgents.
Email Exchange between Glenn Greenwald and Alan Dershowitz This exchange between writer Glenn Greenwald and Professor Alan Dershowitz occurred amidst a public campaign by certain politicians to pressure the Political Science Department at Brooklyn College to rescind its sponsorship of an event discussing the boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel.
Lawfare and Armed Conflict: Comparing Israeli and US Targeted Killing Policies and Challenges Against Them In this public lecture, Lisa Hajjar discusses both the legal rationales that have been used to justify targeted killing policies in Israel and the US and the challenges against those policies, thus depicting in a larger sense the modern relationship between law and war.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Vineyards marked the conflict of interests that the French colonial enterprise in Algeria generated - both between the metropole and the colony, and within Algerian colonial society."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Saudi Arabia and the War of Legitimacy in Yemen
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani Interviewed by Al-Jazeera English on UN Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura
- قراءة في شوق الدرويش: رواية تنتمي لنموذج ما بعد الاستعمار
- DARS Media Roundup (April 2015)
- On May Day, We Are in Taksim and We Are Everywhere!
- موت الله والحرب على الإرهاب
- تاريخ النشاط السياسي واقتصاده السياسي في المغرب: مقابلة للوضع بين زكية سليم وسامية الرزوقي
- Photography Media Roundup (April 30)
- حوار مع إدواردو غاليانو
- Bassam Haddad on Syria at Harvard: 'A Stateless Regime or State with Many Regimes?'
- New Texts Out Now: Adi Kuntsman and Rebecca L. Stein, Digital Militarism: Israel’s Occupation in the Social Media Age
- Highlights from the 4th Downtown Contemporary Arts Festival
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 28)
- AAUP Findings on the Steven Salaita Case
- Cities Media Roundup (April 2015)
- ما زلنا نغني للثورة: مقابلة للوضع بين رامي عصام وبسام حداد
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 28)
- Experimenting and Exploring II: Student Photography from Cairo
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 27)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 20-26)