From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
International Fact-Finding Mission on Israeli Settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory The UN Office of the High Commissioner for Refugee Rights reports on the various ways in which the human rights of Palestinians have been violated by the existence of settlements.
HRW Statement on Sweeping Injustices in Saudi Arabia Human Rights Watch reports on the recent crackdown on activists in Saudi Arabia and the need for judicial reforms.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group issues a monthly "Crisis Watch" report on Syria. These briefs are compiled here, showing the progression of the Syrian conflict.
This Is A Mass Sexual Assault... We Will Resist (Video) Operation Anti-Sexual Harassment/Assault highlights the attack on female protesters in Egypt's Tahrir Square on 25 January 2013.
Military Justice? Palestinians in Israeli Courts (Video) In this new project, the Center for Palestine Studies (CPS) at Columbia University hosts a series of panels with some of the world's leading legal scholars on Palestine in order to promote innovative academic thought on legal questions related to Palestine.
Statement on 43 Bahraini Protesters Arrested Days After Calls for Dialogue The Bahrain Center for Human Rights expresses its concern over the excessive use of force used against protesters in Manama on 25 January 2013.
UK Spyware in Bahrain: Company's Denials Called Into Question Bahrain Watch reports on new evidence that contradicts British software company Gamma International's claims that they did not sell their "lawful interception" computer spyware to the Bahraini government.
National Students for Justice in Palestine Stands in Solidarity with Brooklyn College National Students for Justice in Palestine announces its support for the Brooklyn College Political Science Department in its con-sponsorship of an event discussing the boycott, divest, and sanctions campaign against Israel.
HRW Report on Repression and Reform in Morocco and the Western Sahara In its World Report 2013, Human Rights Watch highlights the wait for improvements to the human rights situation in Morocco after the adoption of a progressive constitution last year.
Pakistan: Countering Militancy in PATA International Crisis Group reports on the possibilities for stabilizing the Provinicially Administered Tribal Area in Pakistan, which has remained volatile after three years of efforts to oust Islamist insurgents.
Email Exchange between Glenn Greenwald and Alan Dershowitz This exchange between writer Glenn Greenwald and Professor Alan Dershowitz occurred amidst a public campaign by certain politicians to pressure the Political Science Department at Brooklyn College to rescind its sponsorship of an event discussing the boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel.
Lawfare and Armed Conflict: Comparing Israeli and US Targeted Killing Policies and Challenges Against Them In this public lecture, Lisa Hajjar discusses both the legal rationales that have been used to justify targeted killing policies in Israel and the US and the challenges against those policies, thus depicting in a larger sense the modern relationship between law and war.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“We are against the elections. [The politicians] are people who promise great programs but who do nothing. It’s only promises.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- One Year after Raba'a: An Interview with Adam Sabra and Mona El Ghobashy
- Studio Visit with Doa Aly
- An Excerpt from Sinan Antoon's "Ave Maria"
- New Texts Out Now: Anthony Alessandrini, Frantz Fanon and the Future of Cultural Politics
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 19)
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 18)
- بداية ونهاية.. نحن نقص عليكم أسوأ القصص
- Linking Violence In Solidarity: Ferguson, Gaza, and the US State
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August11-17)
- من كتاب "العالمية الأوروبية: خطاب السلطة" للمفكر وعالم الاجتماع إمانويل ولورستين
- جامعة أميركية توقف تعيين بروفيسور أصوله فلسطينية لانتقاده إسرائيل
- لا أسئلة شائكة في بيت غسّان كنفاني: آني وليلى في نضال الماضي والحاضر
- Egypt: Rab’a Killings Likely Crimes Against Humanity
- Multimedia and Publications Editor Position Now Open
- Persian Translation of Maya Mikdashi's 'Can Palestinian Men be Victims'
- Statement from Free Speech and Constitutional Law Scholars in Support of Steven Salaita
- Chronicles of a Death Foretold: The Kerry Negotiations
- The Terror Metanarrative and the Rabaa Massacre
- On 14 August, A Belated Obituary for Bassem Mohsen
- Press Release: Wear Black to Show Sympathy and Support for the People of Gaza
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
One Year after Raba'a: An Interview with Adam Sabra and Mona El Ghobashy http://t.co/lzpLDG85wo
yesterday at 1:42 PM
Studio Visit with Doa Aly http://t.co/yibmG5EPvi
yesterday at 7:36 AM
BBC News - Syria death toll 'more than 191,000' http://t.co/64At4wsbe9
yesterday at 4:21 AM
BBC News - Gaza crisis: Israel kills three top Hamas commanders http://t.co/yO9tW6AABS
on Thursday 21 August at 07:05 AM
@sakkeh3arja @im_PULSE Hate to break it to قلق but we are working on other matters too, and still addressed all your anger/insults, & more.
on Wednesday 20 August at 10:45 AM