From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
International Fact-Finding Mission on Israeli Settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory The UN Office of the High Commissioner for Refugee Rights reports on the various ways in which the human rights of Palestinians have been violated by the existence of settlements.
HRW Statement on Sweeping Injustices in Saudi Arabia Human Rights Watch reports on the recent crackdown on activists in Saudi Arabia and the need for judicial reforms.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group issues a monthly "Crisis Watch" report on Syria. These briefs are compiled here, showing the progression of the Syrian conflict.
This Is A Mass Sexual Assault... We Will Resist (Video) Operation Anti-Sexual Harassment/Assault highlights the attack on female protesters in Egypt's Tahrir Square on 25 January 2013.
Military Justice? Palestinians in Israeli Courts (Video) In this new project, the Center for Palestine Studies (CPS) at Columbia University hosts a series of panels with some of the world's leading legal scholars on Palestine in order to promote innovative academic thought on legal questions related to Palestine.
Statement on 43 Bahraini Protesters Arrested Days After Calls for Dialogue The Bahrain Center for Human Rights expresses its concern over the excessive use of force used against protesters in Manama on 25 January 2013.
UK Spyware in Bahrain: Company's Denials Called Into Question Bahrain Watch reports on new evidence that contradicts British software company Gamma International's claims that they did not sell their "lawful interception" computer spyware to the Bahraini government.
National Students for Justice in Palestine Stands in Solidarity with Brooklyn College National Students for Justice in Palestine announces its support for the Brooklyn College Political Science Department in its con-sponsorship of an event discussing the boycott, divest, and sanctions campaign against Israel.
HRW Report on Repression and Reform in Morocco and the Western Sahara In its World Report 2013, Human Rights Watch highlights the wait for improvements to the human rights situation in Morocco after the adoption of a progressive constitution last year.
Pakistan: Countering Militancy in PATA International Crisis Group reports on the possibilities for stabilizing the Provinicially Administered Tribal Area in Pakistan, which has remained volatile after three years of efforts to oust Islamist insurgents.
Email Exchange between Glenn Greenwald and Alan Dershowitz This exchange between writer Glenn Greenwald and Professor Alan Dershowitz occurred amidst a public campaign by certain politicians to pressure the Political Science Department at Brooklyn College to rescind its sponsorship of an event discussing the boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel.
Lawfare and Armed Conflict: Comparing Israeli and US Targeted Killing Policies and Challenges Against Them In this public lecture, Lisa Hajjar discusses both the legal rationales that have been used to justify targeted killing policies in Israel and the US and the challenges against those policies, thus depicting in a larger sense the modern relationship between law and war.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Roundtable on Anti-Blackness and Black-Palestinian Solidarity
- New Texts Out Now: Keith P. Feldman, A Shadow over Palestine: The Imperial Life of Race in America
- STATUS/الوضع: Episode -2, The Show!
- Syria Media Roundup (June 3)
- 'Lines Drawn on an Empty Map': Iraq’s Borders and the Legend of the Artificial State (Part 2)
- قليلا من بالستينا يا أمي
- ناريمان خورشيد وتنظيم زهرة الأقحوان
- What Is Special about Israel?
- 'Lines Drawn on an Empty Map': Iraq’s Borders and the Legend of the Artificial State (Part 1)
- Turkey Media Roundup (June 2)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (June 2)
- Cities Media Roundup (May 2015)
- O.I.L. Monthly Edition (May 2015)
- Egypt Media Roundup (June 1)
- DARS Media Roundup (May 2015)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 25-31)
- Chocolate Bar of the Future
- Nidaa Tounès et Ennahda, l’alliance entre « deux forces d’ancien régime » en Tunisie. Retour sur l'histoire de la révolution avec Aziz Krichen
- The Politics of Gendered Violence in Lebanon
- كنيس الاحتلال المقدس