From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
International Fact-Finding Mission on Israeli Settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory The UN Office of the High Commissioner for Refugee Rights reports on the various ways in which the human rights of Palestinians have been violated by the existence of settlements.
HRW Statement on Sweeping Injustices in Saudi Arabia Human Rights Watch reports on the recent crackdown on activists in Saudi Arabia and the need for judicial reforms.
Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated) International Crisis Group issues a monthly "Crisis Watch" report on Syria. These briefs are compiled here, showing the progression of the Syrian conflict.
This Is A Mass Sexual Assault... We Will Resist (Video) Operation Anti-Sexual Harassment/Assault highlights the attack on female protesters in Egypt's Tahrir Square on 25 January 2013.
Military Justice? Palestinians in Israeli Courts (Video) In this new project, the Center for Palestine Studies (CPS) at Columbia University hosts a series of panels with some of the world's leading legal scholars on Palestine in order to promote innovative academic thought on legal questions related to Palestine.
Statement on 43 Bahraini Protesters Arrested Days After Calls for Dialogue The Bahrain Center for Human Rights expresses its concern over the excessive use of force used against protesters in Manama on 25 January 2013.
UK Spyware in Bahrain: Company's Denials Called Into Question Bahrain Watch reports on new evidence that contradicts British software company Gamma International's claims that they did not sell their "lawful interception" computer spyware to the Bahraini government.
National Students for Justice in Palestine Stands in Solidarity with Brooklyn College National Students for Justice in Palestine announces its support for the Brooklyn College Political Science Department in its con-sponsorship of an event discussing the boycott, divest, and sanctions campaign against Israel.
HRW Report on Repression and Reform in Morocco and the Western Sahara In its World Report 2013, Human Rights Watch highlights the wait for improvements to the human rights situation in Morocco after the adoption of a progressive constitution last year.
Pakistan: Countering Militancy in PATA International Crisis Group reports on the possibilities for stabilizing the Provinicially Administered Tribal Area in Pakistan, which has remained volatile after three years of efforts to oust Islamist insurgents.
Email Exchange between Glenn Greenwald and Alan Dershowitz This exchange between writer Glenn Greenwald and Professor Alan Dershowitz occurred amidst a public campaign by certain politicians to pressure the Political Science Department at Brooklyn College to rescind its sponsorship of an event discussing the boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel.
Lawfare and Armed Conflict: Comparing Israeli and US Targeted Killing Policies and Challenges Against Them In this public lecture, Lisa Hajjar discusses both the legal rationales that have been used to justify targeted killing policies in Israel and the US and the challenges against those policies, thus depicting in a larger sense the modern relationship between law and war.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Hasn’t there been enough speaking about 9/11? Perhaps it’s time for a form of solidarity built around the act of listening.click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
American Studies Association Resolution on Academic Boycott of Israel http://t.co/PnJrCLbu7S
yesterday at 5:02 PM
Arab Studies Journal Spotlight: Visual Arts and Art Practices in the Middle East (Spring 2010) http://t.co/e6HN3XKgDP via @jadaliyya
yesterday at 5:01 PM
National Committee of American Studies Association unanimously endorses academic boycott of Israel: http://t.co/lgTdXAYwfs
yesterday at 9:56 AM
Twenty Years of Talks: Keeping Palestine Occupied (Infograph) http://t.co/4vyjy9lY27
yesterday at 9:40 AM
Devastation Is Upon Us http://t.co/55auC5DUqW
yesterday at 8:11 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- American Studies Association Resolution on Academic Boycott of Israel
- Devastation Is Upon Us
- New Texts Out Now: Ralf Brand and Sara Fregonese, The Radicals’ City: Urban Environment, Polarization, Cohesion
- Twenty Years of Talks: Keeping Palestine Occupied
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (December 3)
- هل تحتاج الثورة إلى قانون للتظاهر؟
- Sonbol in Sinai: A Narrative of Territorialization
- Turkey Media Roundup (December 3)
- O.I.L. Monthly Edition (November 2013)
- Tel Aviv-Jaffa’s “City for All” – Is There Emancipatory Potential in Israeli Municipal Politics?: An Interview with Matan Kaminer
- Legal Agenda Launches English Online Edition
- Egypt Media Roundup (December 2)
- Toward an Ethic of Legitimate Dissent: Academic Boycott at the American Studies Association
- Implications of Morocco's Bifurcated Educational System
- Tadween Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World
- Arab Studies Journal Spotlight: Visual Arts and Art Practices in the Middle East (Spring 2010)
- Violence Against Copts in Egypt
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (November 26- December 1)
- Tornistan (Gezi Park Animated Film)
- الثورة الجزائرية: محاورة الماضي