From the Editors
[The following list is a compilation of the reports, statements, and other materials featured on the Jadaliyya Reports Page this past week.]
Film-Portrait of Dr. Saud Mukhtar Al-Hashimi, Human Rights Defender, Saudi Arabia Alkarama Foundation highlights the humanitarian work of Dr. Saud Mukhtar Al-Hashimi, co-laureate of the 2012 Alkarama Award. Dr. Al-Hashimi was sentenced to thirty years imprisonment by the Riyadh Special Criminal Court in November 2011.
Judith Butler's Remarks to Brooklyn College on BDS Judith Butler spoke at a recent boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) event held at Brooklyn College. The event was the subject of a major public campaign to pressure the Department of Political Science at the college to withdraw their co-sponoshorship of the event. In her comments, Ms. Butler addressed both the aims of the movement and the controversy surrounding this event.
Globalizing Torture: CIA Secret Detention and Extraordinary Rendition The Open Society Foundation reports on the use of secret detention and extraordinary rendition by the CIA in the years following September 11.
Open Letter to President Obama Bahieddin Hassan addresses President Obama with his concerns over the president's commentary on events in Egypt in the wake of violence used by the government against protesters.
Statement from Global Palestinian Right to Return Coalition The Global Palestinian Right to Return Coalition argues for the importance of the re-activation and revitalization of the Palestinian Liberation Organization and the need to hold direct elections to the Palestinian National Council.
Eye on the Libyan General National Congress: Second Report In the second of a series of reports, the Bokra Youth Organization and H2O Team monitor the actions of Libya's General National Congress, including legislation, statements, and other decisions.
Two Years of Deaths and Detentions The Bahrain Center for Human Rights announces its second anniversary report, which discusses the human rights abuses that have taken place against pro-democracy activists in Bahrain.
The Feb 15 Call for Global Protests for Democracy, Solidarity and Justice An international group of scholars and activists issued this statement calling for protests advocating greater solidarity and communication between the peoples of the world to oppose elite abuse of power.
Film-Portrait of Dr. Mohamed Al-Roken, Human Rights Defender, UAE Alkarama Foundation highlights the humanitarian work of Dr. Mohamed Al-Roken, co-laureate of the 2012 Alkarama Award. Dr. Al-Roken has been detained in solitary confinement in an unknown location along with sixty-five other activists since 17 July 2012.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
‘We now dream to die in a civilized way, with a beautiful bullet that would end our lives quickly, a bullet made for humans, not birds like the ones they fire at us, that we would die in a way our families would be able to recognize our corpses.’click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- On Dead and Living Characters
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 15-21)
- Mehdi Haddab
- Court Suspends Mahienour El-Massry's Sentence, Orders Release
- Muhammad Abduh: A Profile from the Archives
- Iraq: A State or Militias?
- Progressive Struggles against Insidious Capitalist Individualism: Interview with Angela Davis
- Syria Media Roundup (September 20)
- DARS Media Roundup (September 20)
- حروب الردة أو اغتيال المستقبل
- Defending Palestine Solidarity Activists: An Interview with Dima Khalidi
- Sympathy for the Devil: Palestine’s Tragic Collaborators
- LA Event--From Gaza to Ferguson: A Panel Discussion (18 September 2014)
- Understanding Modernity: A Review of the Kuwait Pavilion at the Venice Biennale
- New Texts Out Now: Myriam Ababsa, Atlas of Jordan: History, Territories, and Society
- أسباب الثورة في البحرين: حوار مع مريم الخواجة
- Yasmine Hamdan
- Telepoetic with Rami Abadir
- Media, Activism and the New Political: 'Istanbul Conversations' on New Media and Left Politics
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 16)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Syria Media Roundup (September 20) http://t.co/YkatvqVXgO
11 hours ago
Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 15-21) http://t.co/uAyWIuwQZD
15 hours ago
Mehdi Haddab http://t.co/VTJrqK9mbh
15 hours ago
On Dead and Living Characters http://t.co/SdwdwPl7EY
16 hours ago
Syria Media Roundup (September 20) http://t.co/W9IMQZlMej
yesterday at 12:19 PM