From the Editors
[This is a monthly archive of pieces written by Jadaliyya contributors and editors on the Maghreb. It also includes material published on other platforms that editors deemed pertinent to post as they provide diverse depictions of Maghreb-related topics. The pieces reflect the level of critical analysis and diversity that Jadaliyya strives for, but the views are solely the ones of their authors. If you are interested in contributing to Jadaliyya, send us your post with your bio and a release form to email@example.com (click “Submissions” on the main page for more information)].
An Update from the Timbuktu Manuscripts Project A statement released by director of the Timbuktu Manuscripts Project, Dr. Shamil Jeppie, from the Institute for Humanities in Africa University (HUMA) of Cape Town.
لا أسف ولا ندم Thomas Serres addresses colonialism in Algeria in the minds of the French left.
On Algerian Civil Society and the Prohibition of Assembly Andrea Khalil discusses control of public space by the Algerian state.
Algeria, an Immense Bazaar: The Politics and Economic Consequences of Infitah Hamza Hamouchene discusses foreign investment in Algeria and consequences for economic development.
Early perspectives from Algeria on Northern Mali and French intervention Kal studies Algerian media perspectives dealing with French intervention in Mali.
Focus sur le Mali, troisième partie: Une périlleuse démonstration de force de l'ancienne puissance coloniale Nicolas Bourgeois focuses on causes and consequences of French intervention in Mali.
Mali in Focus, Part Two: A War That Threatens the Entire Region Hakim Addad describes potential effects for the region due to Malian conflict.
Focus sur le Mali, deuxième partie: Une guerre qui menace toute la région Hakim Addad describes potential effects for the region due to Malian conflict. (French version.)
A new revolt in Morocco: An Interview with Mohamed El Marouani Ahmed Benseddik and Salah Elayoubi interview Moroccan’s Al Umma party chairmen, former political prisoner and friend of Abdessalam Yassine.
قراءة هادئة في نداء 13 يناير Rida Benotmane discusses the current state of resistance in Morocco, with particular focus on 20 February.
Mali in Focus, Part One: The Jihadist Offensive Revisited Baki 7our Mansour describes various jihadist factions to shed light on complex political situation in Mali.
Mohamed El Marouani: « Les ingrédients d’une nouvelle vague de révolte, sont désormais réunis » Ahmed Benseddik and Salah Elayoubi interview Moroccan’s Al Umma party chairmen, former political prisoner and friend of Abdessalam Yassine. (French version.)
Penser le changement de l'éducation au Maroc : Interview de Nabil Belkabir, membre de l'UECSE Mikael Vogel interviews Nabil Belkabir, member of the Moroccan Movement of Students For the Change of the Education System.
La somme de tous les rêves brisés d'Anfgou et d'ailleurs Salah Elyoubi describes the plight of the isolated village of Anfgou in a remote area of the Atlas Mountains.
Repossessing the Dispossessed Larissa Chomiak and Robert B. Parks describe the public (but difficult to access) auction of ousted President Ben Ali’s luxury items.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
An historic event by any measure, Mubarak’s trial invites reflection in and of itself, but also as a barometer of the fortunes of the January Revolution as a whole.click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Reports Roundup (May 18)
- Injuries, Arrests and House Raids: The Case of a Bahraini Family
- الليبرالية الفلسطينية أمام القضاء الإسرائيلي
- ما هي النكبة؟
- Academic Freedom and the Middle East: A Handbook for Teaching and Research
- Syria's Inglorious Basterd
- Maghreb Media Roundup (May 17)
- Buckling to Bigotry: The Newseum Dishonors Murdered Palestinian Journalists
- كتب: أطفال الندى
- Statement of the Arab and Middle East Journalists Association in Reference to Newseum Scandal
- New Texts Out Now: Maya Mikdashi, What is Settler Colonialism? and Sherene Seikaly, Return to the Present
- On the Margins Roundup (May)
- On the American Association of University Professors' Opposition to Academic Boycotts
- The Palestinian Museum: An Agent Of Empowerment And Integration For Palestinians
- An Ongoing Displacement: The Forced Exile of the Palestinians
- Syria Media Roundup (May 16)
- The Ongoing Nakba: The Forcible Displacement of the Palestinian People
- Nakba 2013: The Palestinian Youth Movement Commemorates 65 Years of Al Nakba (Introduction)
- النكبة، هنا، الآن
- حول استبعاد النكبة الفلسطينية من دراسات الصدمة