From the Editors
[The below statement was issued by the family of Julian Mer Khamis on Tuesday April 5, 2011. For more on Juliano Mer Khamis, see here.]
We are shocked and devastated by the death of our beloved Juliano.
Juliano dedicated his life to love, people and freedom. Freedom was the essence of Juliano’s being and he fought for justice and equality on the collective and individual level.
He was a caring and nurturing father to Keshet, Milay and Jay—a legacy they will surely share with their siblings, his yet unborn twins.
He was a loving and supportive son, brother, husband, partner, friend and comrade.
He was an amazing, talented and inspiring human being.
For Juliano, freedom emanated from within. Art, politics, love and life were one. He was a rebel with a cause, a cultural freedom fighter, an articulate advocate of simple truths.
Defining himself as “100% Palestinian and 100% Jewish,” he embodied us all, not as an amalgamation of fragments but as a single organic whole.
His death is a great blow to us and to the Freedom Theatre in Jenin Refugee Camp, which he co-founded with his mother, Arna, and which we will continue to support. We share his loss with the people of Jenin and will continue to share our lives and aspirations for freedom and liberty with them.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"It’s unacceptable to call them military trials, it’s unacceptable to call them anything else than what they really are: an oppressive tool, the most important tool [SCAF is] using, to scare people and to terrorize people."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Reporter Jon Snow on Gaza's Children: Misery and Responsibility
- The Informants: Manufacturing Terror
- Arab Studies Journal Call for Papers: "Wayn al-Dawleh?" In Search of the Lebanese State
- Video: When Media Coverage Of Gaza And Israel Becomes The Story
- Maghreb Media Roundup (July 26)
- عن صعود الطائفية السياسية في العراق و تفكيكها
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Growing Israeli and Neoconservative Fears of One More Frittata (Groundbreaking Video)
- Statement by Palestinian Academics, Public Figures, and Activists in Gaza: No Ceasefire Without Justice
- The Palestinian Resistance and Its Enemies
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Debates the Tactics and Ethics of Warfare on PBS Newshour
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Sky News' Sherine Tadros on Reporting the Israeli Attack on Gaza
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 July)
- A Debate on Gaza: Democracy Now! Interviews Ali Abunimah of Electronic Intifada and. J.J. Goldberg of the Jewish Daily Forward
- New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Ali Kadivar, Alliances and Perception Profiles in the Iranian Reform Movement, 1997 to 2005
- Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut
- Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World
- Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22)
- Israel Mows the Lawn
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Video: When Media Coverage Of Gaza And Israel Becomes The Story http://t.co/kEHo0NzxJ5
yesterday at 10:25 AM
The Informants: Manufacturing Terror http://t.co/AXY0FGKVRh
yesterday at 9:47 AM
Growing Israeli and Neoconservative Fears of One More Frittata (Groundbreaking Video) http://t.co/uIm7t77jEm
yesterday at 9:47 AM
عن صعود الطائفية السياسية في العراق و تفكيكها http://t.co/XenCubKnq1
yesterday at 9:46 AM
Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked http://t.co/IuZHBgf5zc
yesterday at 9:45 AM