From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Collaboration and Creativity: Dina Omar on the Third Annual Students for Justice in Palestine-National Conference
Eight years have passed since Palestinian civil society first called for an international campaign of boycotts, divestment and sanctions (BDS) against Israel. Pushing for Israeli compliance with international law and Palestinian rights, the BDS Movement has given rise to a vast network of student groups across the United States that are now coming together under the umbrella organization, Students for Justice in Palestine-National. On October 25, student activists from all over the country will gather at Stanford University to discuss past and future solidarity efforts at this year’s SJP-National Conference.
In this episode, student activist and key NSJP organizer Dina Omar discusses the origins and objectives of the organization along with a preview of the upcoming conference, entitled “From Margin to Center: Connecting Struggles, Forging a National Movement.” While she is very optimistic about the summit, Omar comments, “ideally we would live in a world where SJP was not relevant or necessary.”
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The rise of Arab Nationalism and invention of the handheld transistor radio proved a fatal combination."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- A Letter to Foucault: Selectively Narrating the Stories of Secular Iranian Feminists
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 23)
- Jerusalem: A City for All?
- مجلة حميد العقابي الافتراضية
- Foucault, the Iranian Revolution, and the Politics of Collective Action
- مختارات من قصص وشعر حميد العقابي
- Political Economy Project Book Prize Competition: Call For Books Published in 2016
- قصائد للشاعر امبرتو سابا، المجلد الثاني
- Foucault’s Folly: Iran, Political Spirituality, and Counter-Conduct
- مَن يطهِّر مَن عرقيًا؟: استيلاء إسرائيل على الرواية الفلسطينية
- Media on Media Roundup (April 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (April 19)
- Foucault: Against the Ideology of Enlightenment
- Bassam Haddad and Brian Edwards Discuss Middle East Studies and Public Scholarship
- كتب- علي عبد الأمير: رقصة الفستان الأحمر الأخيرة
- Life and Death in Palestine - A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Ben Ehrenreich
- The Refugee Crisis in Greece- A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Georgia Arapidou
- JinJin Fear with Zizi: An Interview with the Rocca Family
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 10-16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 18)