From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Media on the Margins: An Interview with Sky News' Sherine Tadros on Reporting the Israeli Attack on Gaza
In the early hours of Sunday, 20 July 2014, the Israeli military began indiscriminately shelling the eastern Gaza City neighborhood of Shujaiya, leaving sixty people dead and more than three hundred injured. The Shujaiya massacre marked the bloodiest day in the latest Israeli assault on Gaza. Sherine Tadros, a Middle East Correspondent with Sky News has been on the ground in Gaza and reporting on the worsening humanitarian crisis there. During the 2008-2009 Israeli war on Gaza, Sherine Tadros and her colleague Ayman Mohyeldin were the only foreign journalists on the ground in Gaza. Their experience covering the war is the subject of the award-winning documentary "The War Around Us." Malihe spoke with Sherine about reporting the assault on Gaza nearly six years later.
"Media on the Margins" is a regular Jadaliyya program dedicated to the stories behind the news, on the fault-lines of journalism and the fringes of public discourse. In each episode, Malihe Razazan, the winner of the Society for Professional Journalists' 2012 Community Journalism Award, speaks to reporters, editors, citizen journalists, and photographers to unpack their craft, interrogate their work, and uncover how the news comes to represent the world. The show shines a spotlight on stories missed, ignored, and omitted as well as the people who tell them. "Media on the Margins" is where "journalism grapples with journalism."
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The most ironic aspect of the Hebrew University’s call for an oral history conference is that the campus stands on expropriated land... Given oral history’s tradition of advocacy for the displaced, these facts should give scholars contemplating participation in the oral history conference pause for thought."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- إسطنبول.. لجوء في انتظار اللجوء
- الأغنية الوطنية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع ايليني مستكلم وفارس شوملي
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 20-26)
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 27)
- Dark Beirut: the (in)visibility of electricity
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 26)
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 17 آذار