From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Since its launch in 2010, Jadaliyya has published many incisive pieces on Palestine and the Palestinians across a broad disciplinary spectrum. We have examined issues as diverse as Palestinian refugees in Syria, the assault on Palestinian advocacy in US academia and the public sphere, and Palestinian film and art. This is all in addition to extensive reportage, analysis, and interviews on the current state of Palestine, its politics and people.
To date, these articles have been featured on the Occupation, Intervention, Law (O.I.L.) Page. As of today, Palestine has its own page (and O.I.L. is being renamed the Law and Conflict Page). These changes will allow Palestine to command the distinctive attention that it deserves. The concentration of articles, links, and other materials related to Palestine and its people on this new page will make it easier for our readers to find what they are looking for when they go to the Jadaliyya home page.
Welcome to the Palestine Page!
We have decided to launch this page on the one-year anniversary of the last and latest large-scale military offensive against the Gaza Strip. To commemorate this event, our launch features the following essays:
Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism: Profiting Israel, Entrenching the Blockade
Nuriya Oswald, Al Mezan
The Limits of Humanitarianism
Palestinian Refugees Deserve To Live in Dignity
Chris Gunness, UNRWA
Permission To Kill in Gaza
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"given Iranian women’s rights activists long struggle to achieve gender equality, [the One Billion Rising–Iran group campaign] serves as a reminder that legal equality continues to be denied to Iranian women"click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 23)
- Jerusalem: A City for All?
- مجلة حميد العقابي الافتراضية
- Foucault, the Iranian Revolution, and the Politics of Collective Action
- مختارات من قصص وشعر حميد العقابي
- Political Economy Project Book Prize Competition: Call For Books Published in 2016
- قصائد للشاعر امبرتو سابا، المجلد الثاني
- Foucault’s Folly: Iran, Political Spirituality, and Counter-Conduct
- مَن يطهِّر مَن عرقيًا؟: استيلاء إسرائيل على الرواية الفلسطينية
- Media on Media Roundup (April 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (April 19)
- Foucault: Against the Ideology of Enlightenment
- Bassam Haddad and Brian Edwards Discuss Middle East Studies and Public Scholarship
- كتب- علي عبد الأمير: رقصة الفستان الأحمر الأخيرة
- Life and Death in Palestine - A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Ben Ehrenreich
- The Refugee Crisis in Greece- A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Georgia Arapidou
- JinJin Fear with Zizi: An Interview with the Rocca Family
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 10-16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 18)
- Rescuing the Revolution from Its Outcome