From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Last week, Russian jets began carrying out airstrikes in Syria. With the military buildup in Bashar al-Assad's western coastal heartlands, Moscow’s military intervention has brought a new dimension to an already catastrophic civil war driven by internal and external state and non-state actors. This week, we talk to Omar Dahi about the latest military intervention by Russia and the future of what remains of the Syrian nation-state.
Omar Dahi is an Associate Professor of Economics at New Hampshire College who serves on the editorial committee of the Middle East Report (MERIP) and is a co-editor of Jadaliyya's Syria page.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The oil industry is not only about wealth, rent, and state building, but it also unleashed a variety of forces that had a profound effect on society, culture, and the environment, including cities."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- الوضع العارض والمؤقت للشباب: ريادة الأعمال ليست حلاً
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 28)
- Violence: Theirs and Ours
- Syria Media Roundup (March 27)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- إسطنبول.. لجوء في انتظار اللجوء
- الأغنية الوطنية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع ايليني مستكلم وفارس شوملي
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 20-26)
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 27)
- Dark Beirut: The (In)Visibility of Electricity
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 26)
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)