From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
"The United States Is Not Qualified to Intervene on Behalf of Democracy in the Region": Al-Jazeera Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor
This interview was conducted with Jadaliyya Co-Editor, Bassam Haddad, on the role of the United States in Syria. After five months of continuous suppression of protests in Syria, resulting in nearly 2000 deaths and more than 15,000 arrests, the Syrian regime is facing growing regional and international pressures to stop the violence and engage in serious dialogue with various segments of the Syrian opposition. Some have critiqued the United States for not doing more, or intervening further, in the Syrian case. Based on its historical record, Jadaliyya Co-Editor Bassam Haddad discusses the role and qualifications of the United States for intervening on the side of democracy, and the protesters, in the Arab uprisings.
1 comment for ""The United States Is Not Qualified to Intervene on Behalf of Democracy in the Region": Al-Jazeera Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor"
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The very idea of borrowing any progressive concept from an Arab country was unimaginable here until quite recently. … We should not overlook the profundity of this change because of its apparently rhetorical nature"click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Cities Media Roundup (February 2015)
- Minyan Village Mourns: A Photographic Essay
- Burj el Imam: Music by Sharif Sehnaoui, Raed Yassin and Alan Bishop
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.1 is Live!
- New Texts Out Now: Jonathan A.C. Brown, Misquoting Muhammad: The Challenges and Choices of Interpreting the Prophet’s Legacy
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 24)
- Beyond Authenticity: ISIS and the Islamic Legal Tradition
- A New Secularism?
- Turkey Media Roundup (February 24)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 23)
- Sacrificing Humans
- Cornell University Event: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Bassam Haddad and US Ambassador Dennis Ross Debate US Policy in the Middle East (3 March)
- Syria Media Roundup (February 16)
- Islam Kamal: Filmmaker from Alexandria
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 16-22)
- 'The Thing Is to Be Light as Air': An Interview with Mai Al-Nakib
- Open Letter: Racism, Militarism, Poverty: From Ferguson to Palestine
- موسى أساريد: أربعة نصوص
- الجرف الصامد والدروع البشريّة
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (21 February)