From the Editors
"The United States Is Not Qualified to Intervene on Behalf of Democracy in the Region": Al-Jazeera Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor
This interview was conducted with Jadaliyya Co-Editor, Bassam Haddad, on the role of the United States in Syria. After five months of continuous suppression of protests in Syria, resulting in nearly 2000 deaths and more than 15,000 arrests, the Syrian regime is facing growing regional and international pressures to stop the violence and engage in serious dialogue with various segments of the Syrian opposition. Some have critiqued the United States for not doing more, or intervening further, in the Syrian case. Based on its historical record, Jadaliyya Co-Editor Bassam Haddad discusses the role and qualifications of the United States for intervening on the side of democracy, and the protesters, in the Arab uprisings.
1 comment for ""The United States Is Not Qualified to Intervene on Behalf of Democracy in the Region": Al-Jazeera Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Challenging the Red Lines: Stories of Rights Activists in Saudi Arabia http://t.co/fIYVG7vDVW
yesterday at 11:52 AM
Photography Media Roundup (March 6) http://t.co/Azh0gTa6pX
yesterday at 9:31 AM
[With Pictures from Panel] Roundtable Discussion: The Gezi Protests and Dissident Visions of Turkey (Harvard... http://t.co/QJvmclyB6v
yesterday at 6:08 AM
Conference--AUB City Debates 2014: Of Property in Planning (Beirut, 7-8 March) http://t.co/ubd31sF5vf
yesterday at 5:35 AM
Conference--AUB City Debates 2014: Of Property in Planning (Beirut, 7-8 May) http://t.co/yejnKQxWnU
yesterday at 1:07 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Photography Media Roundup (March 6)
- قصائد المهمّشين
- New Texts Out Now: Annika Marlen Hinze, Turkish Berlin: Integration Policy and Urban Space
- Egypt Monthly Edition on Jadaliyya (February 2014)
- The (Ir)relevance of Academia? Academics Lash Back at Kristof for NYT Column
- Les quartiers populaires et les printemps arabes: Elements pour une approche renouvelee
- Buradan bir cikis var mi? Ya da neden HDP’deyim?
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Muhammad Ali on his Frontline Documentary "Syria's Second Front"
- Syria Media Roundup (March 4)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 4)
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 4)
- Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon: Health, Access, and Contributions
- Harvard Event: The History of Syrian Revolt: Structural Causes and Dynamics (4 March)
- الأنبار بين مفهومين: الحرب والسلام
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 3)
- Creation and Cooptation: The Story of Morocco’s Migration Reform
- Roundtable Discussion: The Gezi Protests and Dissident Visions of Turkey (Harvard University, 3 March)
- Month-by-Month Summary of Developments in Syria (Updated)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 24-March 2)
- Introduction: Roundtable on African American Muslims and the Black Freedom Struggle