From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
"The United States Is Not Qualified to Intervene on Behalf of Democracy in the Region": Al-Jazeera Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor
This interview was conducted with Jadaliyya Co-Editor, Bassam Haddad, on the role of the United States in Syria. After five months of continuous suppression of protests in Syria, resulting in nearly 2000 deaths and more than 15,000 arrests, the Syrian regime is facing growing regional and international pressures to stop the violence and engage in serious dialogue with various segments of the Syrian opposition. Some have critiqued the United States for not doing more, or intervening further, in the Syrian case. Based on its historical record, Jadaliyya Co-Editor Bassam Haddad discusses the role and qualifications of the United States for intervening on the side of democracy, and the protesters, in the Arab uprisings.
1 comment for ""The United States Is Not Qualified to Intervene on Behalf of Democracy in the Region": Al-Jazeera Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
فبدلا من جلد الذات فى مقارنة غير دقيقة مع تركيا فلنقارن ما هو شبيه فعلا ولنركز على معاركنا نحن مع رموز وأنماط النظام القديم فى ثورتنا المستمرةclick | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 12)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 12)
- عن الأمل والألم
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani on AJE Inside Edition Panel on Escalating Violence in Palestine
- Ankara Bombings: Democracy Now! Interview with HDP’s Hisyar Ozsoy and Turkey Page Co-Editor Asli Bali
- ذهب السودان بعد نفطه: لمن؟
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 5-11)
- The Ankara Massacre and the State as a Serial Killer in Erdogan’s Turkey
- Selahattin Demirtas of HDP Responds to Ankara Bombings (Video)
- غزة بلوز: دندنات الحب والموت والمقاومة
- في منزل النقد
- Violence In Israel and The Palestinian Territories: It's The Occupation (Video)
- Roundtable On Refugee Crisis: Historical Legacies, Political Context, and Legal Mechanisms
- Loeterman’s Documentary on Palestine (1913): Seeds of Conflict
- Palestine Media Roundup (October 1 – 7)
- Teach-In On Gaza: History, Politics, and Economics (GU Event)
- المدن نساء حلم متأخر
- Whitewashing Colonialism
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (August-October)
- Life in the Qandil Mountains of Iraqi Kurdistan