From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jadaliyya is delighted to announce the launching of its newest section: New Texts Out Now (NEWTON); click here to access the page directly. NEWTON features interviews with writers of recently published and forthcoming books, articles, and translations, along with short excerpts from these new works. We hope it will be a resource for readers anxious to keep up with new publications in the field, as well as those looking for more information about a variety of topics and issues related to the Middle East.
In our inaugural installment, we are very pleased to be featuring:
We’ll be publishing new installments of NEWTON on a weekly basis; in the weeks to come, we will be featuring texts by Sinan Antoon, James Gelvin, Vivian Ibrahim, Laleh Khalili, Khalid Medani, Nadine Naber, Steven Salaita, Mohammad Salama, Stephen Sheehi, Joshua Stacher, and Saadia Toor, among many others.
If you are the author of a recently published or forthcoming work, or if you have a suggestion for a NEWTON post, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Scholars are increasingly unwilling to accept the prohibition of their work from public view… academia is a pay-to-play system... Open access would benefit everyone except the companies that are making millions off unpaid labor."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Deadline for Applications: M.A. in Middle East and Islamic Studies at George Mason University
- Revolution and Despair
- Reconsidering the Rif Revolt (1958-59)
- New Texts Out Now: Toby Matthiesen, The Other Saudis: Shiism, Dissent, and Sectarianism
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (January 27)
- Asli Bali on Iranian-US Nuclear Negotiations and What Republican Invite to Netanyahu Means
- Turkey Media Roundup (January 27)
- Palestinian Authority Security Cooperation and the Internationalization of Occupation: The Case of Ahmad Sa’adat
- Egypt Media Roundup (January 26)
- Composer Maurice Louca on Salute the Parrot
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 19-25)
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (November-December 2014)
- STATUS/الوضع: Episode -3
- January Culture Bouquet
- Zajal on Arak
- Jabra Ibrahim Jabra: Ramparts
- Jabra Ibrahim Jabra: Jerusalem, Time Embodied
- ‘A Distinctly French Universalism’: Translating Laïcité after Charlie
- الإخوان من الجماعة إلى الفرقة
- تقييم حالة الإعلام الخاص فى مصر