From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
In this Quick Thoughts interview for STATUS/الوضع, Nour Joudah speaks with Kristina Stockwood about the Gulf Center for Human Rights' 2015 report entitled "Human Rights Defenders in Prison and in Peril throughout the Gulf and Neighboring Countries."
Kristina Stockwood is a human rights advocate who has been Chair of the Advisory Board of the Gulf Centre for Human Rights (GCHR) since 2011. Specialising in support to human rights defenders, women’s rights and freedom of expression, she also works with human rights NGOs in the Middle East to provide development support. Previously, she worked for IFEX, the international freedom of expression network, for 20 years until 2014.
The entirety of the GCHR's 2015 report can be found here.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“Even with continued Israeli control of the Palestinian coast and airspace, Gaza’s trade with the rest of the world could be re-routed to transit through Egypt and Jordan."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- يم القاهرة
- Media on Media Roundup (April 25)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 17-23)
- Berkeley Event--6 Days, 50 Years: 1967 and the Politics of Time (28 April 2017)
- ما التنوير؟ غوغل، ويكيليكس، وإعادة تنظيم العالم
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 25)
- Turkey After the Referendum: A Roundtable
- Revisiting ‘Foucault in Iran’: A Response
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arab Studies Journal Announces Spring 2017 Issue: Editor's Note and Table of Contents
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 24)
- The Origins of the Lebanese National Idea, 1840-1920
- Syria Media Roundup (April 24)
- Visualizing Campus Collective Action for Palestine Solidarity
- A Letter to Foucault: Selectively Narrating the Stories of Secular Iranian Feminists
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 23)
- Jerusalem: A City for All?
- مجلة حميد العقابي الافتراضية
- Foucault, the Iranian Revolution, and the Politics of Collective Action
- مختارات من قصص وشعر حميد العقابي