From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
On April 18th, 2016, in preparation for the World Humanitarian Summit (WHS) and Habitat III, and in coordination with the Global Alliance for Urban Crises, a one-day panel event: “The nexus of urbanization, violence and conflict: Linking SDG 11 and SDG 16,” was co-hosted by the City College of New York (CUNY), the Permanent Missions of Lebanon and Norway to the UN, UNDP, UN-Habitat, and the International Rescue Committee (IRC).
The report The Nexus of Urbanization, Violence and Conflict: Linking SDG 11 and SDG 16 details the contributions by academics, policy makers, and member states at the one-day panel event. The participants discussed contemporary understandings of urban violence and conflict, its consequences, and possible ways in which it can be addressed. The report includes six key recommendations (produced by the participants) that aimed to contribute to the formulation of the New Urban Agenda. The New Urban Agenda will be the outcome document agreed upon at Habitat III in October 2016. The event highlighted the synergies between Goal 11: “Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable,” and Goal 16: “Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies” through grounded case studies.
The report can be downloaded here.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 17 آذار
- المنظمات الأهلية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع طارق دعنا
- Text of Resignation Letter by ESCWA Executive Secretary Rima Khalaf
- MESA Membership Passes Bylaw Amendment Removing 'Non-Political' Clause and Affirming 501(c)3 Status
- UN Report Establishes Israeli Apartheid; Fallout Begins
- Between Slow and Sudden Death in Turkey
- Call for Action: Solidarity with Purged Academics for Peace in Turkey