From the Editors
Just in time for the new semester, we are happy to present a series of eminently teachable texts in the latest edition of NEWTON:
We hope that the author interviews and excerpts from these texts, together with the others we have featured thus far in New Texts Out Now, will be helpful for those busy assembling syllabi and reading lists, as well as readers searching for sources on a variety of topics.
This is also the perfect time to sign up for Jadaliyya’s Pedagogy Page, in order to take part in the discussions and exchanges beginning in September.
Happy reading, and watch for future installments of NEWTON, which will feature Sinan Antoon, Amal Ghazal, Adam Hanieh, Vivian Ibrahim, Laleh Khalili, Khalid Medani, Steven Salaita, Magid Shihade, and Joshua Stacher, among many others.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
What is new in the Israeli situation today is not settler colonialism, which has been the policy of the state of Israel since its inception; it is the breaking apart of the legitimating formula in which Israel is imagined as a “Jewish and democratic” state.click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
رشا فحص: من قصة النقل المشترك لمدينة بيروت : باصات ومترو في محطة الأحلام http://t.co/2RuVmvx85T
yesterday at 6:20 AM
On the Struggle of Syrian Refugees in Lebanon http://t.co/BDM7HVoGPU via @jadaliyya
yesterday at 6:46 PM
Jadaliyya co-founder on telling alternative stories about the Arab world, understanding the life cycles of... http://t.co/v5ulgQ08N0
on Thursday 17 April at 08:31 AM
إباء رزق: غزة والبحر http://t.co/quAYpFryGE
on Thursday 17 April at 07:04 AM
Tahrir, Taksim, Tempelhof: Between Political Fields http://t.co/nWci0kW6J2
on Thursday 17 April at 06:55 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- من قصة النقل المشترك لمدينة بيروت: باصاتٌ ومترو في محطة الأحلام
- غزة والبحر
- Stasis Shift: Guernica Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Founder Bassam Haddad
- On the Struggle of Syrian Refugees in Lebanon
- On Not Despising the Present: Some Notes on Faris Giacaman’s 'The Sadness of Post-Militance'
- Tahrir, Taksim, Tempelhof: Between Political Fields
- الزمن الآخر\اتصال هاتفي في ساعة متأخرة من الليل
- On the Road: An Exhibition by Paul Ayoub Geday
- Event: Angela Davis and Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat on Mass Incarceration in the United States and Palestine (19 April, Evergreen State College)
- DARS Media Roundup (April 16)
- New Texts Out Now: Valeska Huber, Channelling Mobilities: Migration and Globalisation in the Suez Canal Region and Beyond
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (16 April)
- Syria Media Roundup (April 16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 15)
- The Strands of the Military Opposition in Syria: An Interview with Yasser Munif (Part 2)
- Adunis, Mistranslated (Part One)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya April (7-13)
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 14)
- Tartus in the Present Crisis: A Mirror of the Syrian Regime