From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
In this interview, Sheila Carapico discusses the yearlong Saudi Arabia-led and US-backed military attacks on Yemen. The interview was conducted by Shahram Aghamir on August 31, 2016.
Sheila Carapico is Professor of Political Science and International Studies at the University of Richmond. Carapico is the author of Civil Society in Yemen: The Political Economy of Activism in Modern Arabia (Cambridge University Press, 1998) and numerous articles and book chapters on Yemen, the Arabian Peninsula, and the region. A contributing editor to Middle East Report, she has also written essays for several publications about the Egyptian and Yemeni revolutions of 2011. Her most recent book is Political Aid and Arab Activism: Democracy Promotion, Justice and Representation (Cambridge University Press, 2013).
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Despite the depressing descent of the region into violence during the last century, people have not ceased to fight for justice. They are not doomed to dictatorship and despair by their culture or their religion, as the old Orientalists argued."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- On Trump
- The Modern Language Association and the 2017 Vote on the Academic Boycott of Israel
- A Critical Retrospective on Obama’s Rhetoric of New Beginnings
- Critical Readings in Political Economy: Mechanisms of Imperialism
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (December 2016)
- مؤسسات القدس الفلسطينية: حصار تمويلي وعجز السلطة والمنظمة
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (January 17)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Egypt Media Roundup (January 16)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 9-15)
- Press Release: Bahrain Executes Three Men
- A Damp Squib in Paris
- قصص قصيرة من الأرجنتين
- بيان: بشأن طب النزاعات
- Time for Sweden to Take the Lead for Peace
- Palestine Media Roundup (January 14)
- Syria Media Roundup (January 13)
- The Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions Movement - A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Omar Barghouti
- Quick Thoughts: Khalid Albaih on Sudan on the Eve of 2017
- New Texts Out Now: Jean Pierre Frey, Les voies erratiques de l'urbanisation. Etre architecte et devenir urbaniste en Afrique du Nord