From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
In this interview for STATUS/الوضع, host Bassam Haddad speaks with Adel Iskandar, who unpacks Trump's complicated relationship to the US media, reflects on the reaction of Middle Eastern media on his victory, and describes how the journalistic establishment will likely deal with him during the four-year presidency.
Adel Iskandar is Assistant Professor of Global Communication at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada. He is the author, coauthor, and editor of several works including Egypt In Flux: Essays on an Unfinished Revolution (AUCP/OUP), Al-Jazeera: The Story of the Network that is Rattling Governments and Redefining Modern Journalism (Basic Books), Edward Said: A Legacy of Emancipation and Representation (University of California Press), and Mediating the Arab Uprisings (Tadween Publishing). Iskandar's work deals with media, identity and politics and has lectured extensively on these topics at universities worldwide. His latest publication is the co-edited volume Media Evolution on the Eve of the Arab Spring (Palgrave Macmillan). Iskandar taught for several years at the Center for Contemporary Arab Studies and the Communication, Culture, and Technology program at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. He is a co-editor of Jadaliyya.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- On Trump
- The Modern Language Association and the 2017 Vote on the Academic Boycott of Israel
- A Critical Retrospective on Obama’s Rhetoric of New Beginnings
- Critical Readings in Political Economy: Mechanisms of Imperialism
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (December 2016)
- مؤسسات القدس الفلسطينية: حصار تمويلي وعجز السلطة والمنظمة
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (January 17)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Egypt Media Roundup (January 16)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 9-15)
- Press Release: Bahrain Executes Three Men
- A Damp Squib in Paris
- قصص قصيرة من الأرجنتين
- بيان: بشأن طب النزاعات
- Time for Sweden to Take the Lead for Peace
- Palestine Media Roundup (January 14)
- Syria Media Roundup (January 13)
- The Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions Movement - A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Omar Barghouti
- Quick Thoughts: Khalid Albaih on Sudan on the Eve of 2017
- New Texts Out Now: Jean Pierre Frey, Les voies erratiques de l'urbanisation. Etre architecte et devenir urbaniste en Afrique du Nord