From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
An Inquiry into the Dynamics of Elections, Gas Deals, and Assassinations in Jordan - A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Reem Al-Masri and Omar Atout
In this interview conducted by Ziad Abu-Rish for Status/الوضع, Reem Al-Masri and Omar Atout give a critical assessment of the current situation in Jordan. The interview was conducted in Arabic on September 29, 2016.
Reem Al-Masri is a writer and researcher at 7iber. Her research focuses on the structural, legislative, and technical dynamics of the communications sector, and the their effects on freedom of expression, assembly, and privacy. In addition, Al-Masri produced a number of resources on the most recent Jordanian election law for 7iber, inlcuding curating its satirical blog titled "The Democratic Wedding." She holds an MA in Culture, Communication, and Technology with a Certificate in Arab Studies from Georgetown University in Washington DC.
Omar Atout is a lawyer, constitutional expert, and political activist. He is a founding member of the Arab Association for Constitutional Law, and writes on issues of political reform in Jordan on his personal blog and various media outlets. He has been a member of Jordan’s Bar Association since 1989.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- فهد سوريا - الجزء الأول
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 26 فبراير
- The Precarity of Youth: Entrepreneurship is not the Solution
- Palestine Media Roundup (February 24)
- الغرب والسوريون: مبيعات الأسلحة الأمريكية والأوروبية للشرق الأوسط 2011- 2014
- Vote Yes on MESA Bylaw Amendment: Roundtable by Elyse Semerdjian, John Chalcraft, and Asli Bali
- Media on Media Roundup (February 21)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 21)
- دونالد ترامب والصراع في فلسطين
- خمس قصص قصيرة للكاتب الإسباني خوان خوسية مياس
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 19 فبراير
- Extensive Syria Media Roundup (Jan 8 - Feb 19, 2017)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 20)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 13-19)
- Power, Sect, and State in Syria
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 19)
- وطنُ الغريب جبينُهُ
- Perspectives on the Immigration Ban: A Town Hall with GMU Faculty