From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Six years have passed since Egyptians have taken to the streets and public squares demanding “bread, freedom, and social justice.” Traces of January 25 Revolution may appear faint in present day Egypt. Certainly, the actors and players who once led the effort to mobilize opposition against thirty years of the rule of Hosni Mubarak have suffered a great deal of marginalization under the military sponsored regime that the coup of 3 July 2013 has put into place. And yet even with the seeming containment of the partisans of the January 25 Revolution, advocates of the status quo, notably the regime of Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi, have been anything but triumphant. Even after four years of repression and political engineering, the regime has failed to revive the stable authoritarian order that once existed in the country. More importantly, the social struggles that paved the way for the January 25 Revolution continue to challenge the new ruling establishment and, at points, have exposed its weakness and kept it on the defensive.
To mark six years since the onset of the January 25 Revolution, Jadaliyya offers its readers a series of articles that bring to focus salient questions and narratives pertaining to the diverse struggles that January 25 has come to symbolize.
- The Egyptians: A Radical History of Egypt’s Unfinished Revolution - Afterword
- Revisiting the “Blue Bra” Incident: Towards a New Agenda for Researching Politics and Popular Culture in Egypt
- هل غير الخدمة المدنية الاقتصاد السياسي للأجور في مصر
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
إن القضاة يقدرون لك ياسيادة الرئيس حق التقدير انك من أعاد إلي مصر مجلس قضائها الأعلى في مستهل ولايتك وانك أضفت إلي هذا الانجاز فضلا لا ينسي حسم الطبيعة القانونية للنيابة العامة كشعبة أصيلة من شعب السلطة القضائيةclick | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 17 آذار
- المنظمات الأهلية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع طارق دعنا
- Text of Resignation Letter by ESCWA Executive Secretary Rima Khalaf
- MESA Membership Passes Bylaw Amendment Removing 'Non-Political' Clause and Affirming 501(c)3 Status
- UN Report Establishes Israeli Apartheid; Fallout Begins
- Between Slow and Sudden Death in Turkey
- Call for Action: Solidarity with Purged Academics for Peace in Turkey