From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
With the United Nations set to debate Palestinian statehood on 20 September, Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani, a Middle East-based expert on Palestine and Visiting Senior Fellow at the Institute for Palestine Studies, discusses the background to and implications of this development. He will be in the U.S. 15 September through 10 October for media appearances and public events.
Two decades of negotiations have achieved nothing except the further consolidation of Israeli control over the occupied territories, in large part because of consistent American support for Israeli impunity.It is therefore high time for an alternative and more effective approach to resolve this conflict and achieve a credible two-state settlement. Given the systematic failure of bilateral Israeli-Palestinian diplomacy under unilateral American sponsorship, returning the Question of Palestine - in all of its dimensions - to the multilateral forum of the United Nations is an essential first step.Serious questions can and should be raised about the manner in which this is being approached by the Palestinian leadership. But the era in which the U.S. and other Western powers profess support for the principle of Palestinian statehood while thoroughly undermining it in practice must come to an end. Supporting a Palestinian state provided none is established simply won't do anymore.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The video targets Israel's Citizenship Law, which prohibits Palestinian spouses (read: West Bank and Gaza) of Israeli citizens from gaining residency or citizenship in Israel - currently more than 30,000 people"click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Press Freedom on Trial in Turkey: A Statement from BirGun
- Beyond Blame: Troubling the Semiotic Ideology of Muslim Passion
- New Texts Out Now: Olfa Lamloum and Mohamed Ben Zina, Jeunes de Douar Hicher et d’Ettadhamen. Une enquête sociologique
- Letter of Support by Colleagues and Personal Friends of Emad Shahin
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (27 May)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 26)
- Turkey Media Roundup (May 26)
- Syria Media Roundup (May 25)
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 25)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 18-24)
- فصل من رواية أسد البصرة
- Sharjah Biennial 12: Uriel Barthelemi's Souls' Landscapes
- Not Much Special in UN Middle East Missions
- إعادة ابتكار فلسطين: السينما من أجل السلام في جنين
- The Armenian Genocide and the Politics of Knowledge
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (March-April 2015)
- Naema’s Office is Bleeding
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (April-May 2015)
- We Are All Uncomfortable: On Academic Boycott & What Is Productive
- New Texts Out Now: Bedross Der Matossian, Shattered Dreams of Revolution: From Liberty to Violence in the Late Ottoman Empire