From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Seven months after the fall of Hosni Mubarak, the popular debate on what constitutes genuine change and revolution in Egypt rages on. The decapitated hydra of Mubarak's regime lives on under a different guise, but average citizens seem more determined than ever to not let any special interests steal their hard-won revolution: not the military, not the neo-liberals, and not Islamists. Khalil Bendib spoke with activist and blogger Hossam El-Hamalawy about these struggles over the fate the Egyptian revolution.
Click below to listen.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The ethos of respect, tolerance and pacifism which appeared to underpin Coppolani’s mission, in fact served as a convenient tool of ethical legitimacy for the French empire.. local ways of life were to be respected and upheld only insofar as they did not pose any threat to the far more pressing dictates of colonialism."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Whitewashing Colonialism
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (August-October)
- Life in the Qandil Mountains of Iraqi Kurdistan
- Battlefield Syria: An Interview with Omar Dahi
- دعوة للمساهمة في دورية "اختيار" الثانية
- New Texts Out Now: Najat Rahman, In the Wake of the Poetic: Palestinian Artists after Darwish
- An Interview with Egyptian Novelist Sonallah Ibrahim
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (October 6)
- Quick Thoughts on Sanctions and Elite Factionalization in Syria: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Samer Abboud
- Migrant States, Mobile Economies: Rethinking the Political in Contemporary Turkey (GMU Event)
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 5)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 5)
- Netanyahu at the UN: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Interview by Al-Jazeera America
- A Portrait of Moustafa Fathi
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 28- October 4)
- On the Margins Roundup (October)
- De-dramatizing Algerian Politics
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (September 2015)
- مدن الحداثة
- Palestine Media Roundup (September 23– 30)