From the Editors
Seven months after the fall of Hosni Mubarak, the popular debate on what constitutes genuine change and revolution in Egypt rages on. The decapitated hydra of Mubarak's regime lives on under a different guise, but average citizens seem more determined than ever to not let any special interests steal their hard-won revolution: not the military, not the neo-liberals, and not Islamists. Khalil Bendib spoke with activist and blogger Hossam El-Hamalawy about these struggles over the fate the Egyptian revolution.
Click below to listen.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“The refugees will be afraid of retributions and punishments, they will be protective of their personal information, they will be fiercely proud of being Syrians, and they will carry with them a keen sense of humor and irony…”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Cities Media Roundup (September 1-30)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 30)
- A Voyage to Toledo: Twenty-Five Years After the 'Jews of the Orient and Palestinians' Meeting
- Displaced Intentions
- When Your Name is on the Blacklist
- عندما يكون اسمك على "القائمة السوداء"
- Statement by Scholar Ann Laura Stoler Endorsing BDS against Israel
- Turkey’s New Migration Policy: Control Through Bureaucratization
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 22-28)
- El Rass
- Excavating the Sky
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 29)
- Turkey after Gezi: An Interview with Simten Cosar
- Tadween Spotlight: Gaza
- Evden Emlaga Fikirtepe: Rant ve Spekulasyon Ekseninde Kentsel Donusum
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (August-September 2014)
- Syria Media Roundup (September 26)
- Emergency Humanitarian Appeals and Gaza’s On-going Destruction: The Case of Failed Accountability and Sustainability
- Maghreb Media Roundup (September 25)
- Ghassan Salhab: Making of 'The Valley'
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Cities Media Roundup (September 1-30) http://t.co/vKI9UFWkU2
yesterday at 9:29 AM
A Voyage to Toledo: Twenty-Five Years After the 'Jews of the Orient and Palestinians' Meeting http://t.co/DvoTs6z64p
yesterday at 6:35 AM
Displaced Intentions [A Review of "Write Down, I Am an Arab"] http://t.co/9koS9qYu4j
yesterday at 6:06 AM
When your Name is on the Blacklist http://t.co/hiIIn74mxM
yesterday at 1:09 AM
أمجد ناصر: عندما يكون اسمك على "القائمة السوداء" http://t.co/7hvNhLA9WB
yesterday at 11:48 PM