From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The following interview aired live on Al Jazeera English's The Stream with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat on 20 September 2011. Erakat argues that if the PLO is serious about changing its strategy vis-a-vis Israel post-statehood bid, it should commit to shifting from bilateralism to multilateralism and look to its base for leadership. She counters the claim, advanced by co-guest Husam Zomlot, that the issue of the legitimacy of Palestinian representation is an "internal" issue that can be separated from the decision to pursue the statehood bid. Instead, Erakat argues that Palestinian leadership at the UN is purporting to speak on behalf of all Palestinians and is therefore afforded deference by other diplomatic missions despite the fact that those Palestinian representatives lack the mandate to do so.
1 comment for "Al-Jazeera Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat on PLO/PA Strategy at the UN"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“Saudi Arabia still lacks a penal code, allowing judges significant discretion to decide what behavior constitutes a criminal offense, with grave consequences when it comes to citizen challenges to state authority.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Jadaliyya Launches New Palestine Page
- Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism: Profiting Israel, Entrenching the Blockade
- Gaza One Year On: The Crisis Never Ended
- The Limits of Humanitarianism
- Rebuilding Gaza Needs Freedom and Normality – Not Just Aid
- Palestinian Refugees Deserve to Live in Dignity
- Quick Thoughts: Nathan Thrall on the Gaza Strip One Year After Israel’s Operation Protective Edge
- Arab Film on Israeli Television: An Interview with Eyal Sagui Bizawe
- Permission to Kill in Gaza
- Jadaliyya Launches Law and Conflict Page (Formerly O.I.L.: Occupation, Intervention, Law)
- New Texts Out Now: Nicola Perugini and Neve Gordon, The Human Right to Dominate
- How To Not Know about the CIA’s Targeted Killing Program
- New Texts Out Now: Wolfgang Kaleck, Double Standards: International Criminal Law and the West
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (June 29- July 5)
- 'I must save my life and not risk my family’s safety!': Untold Stories of Syrian Women Surviving War (Part 2)
- Will the Greferendum Bring A Rupture?: Answers from the European Left
- Against Terror, No Way Forward Without Respect for Human Rights
- المال ليس كل شيء: إعادة النظر في الاقتصاد العسكري في مصر
- The Land of Fear and Oppression
- مضيق المتعة