From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The following interview aired live on Al Jazeera English's The Stream with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat on 20 September 2011. Erakat argues that if the PLO is serious about changing its strategy vis-a-vis Israel post-statehood bid, it should commit to shifting from bilateralism to multilateralism and look to its base for leadership. She counters the claim, advanced by co-guest Husam Zomlot, that the issue of the legitimacy of Palestinian representation is an "internal" issue that can be separated from the decision to pursue the statehood bid. Instead, Erakat argues that Palestinian leadership at the UN is purporting to speak on behalf of all Palestinians and is therefore afforded deference by other diplomatic missions despite the fact that those Palestinian representatives lack the mandate to do so.
1 comment for "Al-Jazeera Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat on PLO/PA Strategy at the UN"
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“Rethinking post-colonialism ... demands that we re-conceptualize how colonialism is invoked [...]. It means remembering that identity politics was a tool of colonialism picked up by post-colonial regimes.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Studio Visit: Hany Rashed's 'Bulldozer'
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 27-August 2)
- IMEU Interview: The Iran Nuclear Agreement and the Question of Palestine
- Snapshot: Palestinian Olive Trees
- On the Margins Roundup (July)
- Quick Thoughts: April Longley Alley on the Yemen Conflict
- Has Amnesty International Lost Its Way? A Forensic Analysis of Amnesty’s Reports on Operation Protective Edge (Part 2)
- Sinai: War in a Distant Province
- A Shift in Turkey's Foreign Policy? An Interview with Osman Shahin
- Cities Media Roundup (July 2015)
- New Texts Out Now: Raymond Hinnebusch, From Arab Spring to Arab Winter: Explaining the Limits of Post-Uprising Democratization
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 28)
- Turkey Media Roundup (July 28)
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 27)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 20-26)
- Daoud’s Camus Fanfiction Is More of the Same
- تدمر، واحة للظلام
- Gay Hanging in Iran: Atrocities and Impersonations
- Quick Thoughts: John Reynolds on Recent Amendments to the Israeli Penal Code
- لا بشرٌ ولاحجر... تدمر وسرديات الحرب على الآثار