From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The following interview aired live on Al Jazeera English's The Stream with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat on 20 September 2011. Erakat argues that if the PLO is serious about changing its strategy vis-a-vis Israel post-statehood bid, it should commit to shifting from bilateralism to multilateralism and look to its base for leadership. She counters the claim, advanced by co-guest Husam Zomlot, that the issue of the legitimacy of Palestinian representation is an "internal" issue that can be separated from the decision to pursue the statehood bid. Instead, Erakat argues that Palestinian leadership at the UN is purporting to speak on behalf of all Palestinians and is therefore afforded deference by other diplomatic missions despite the fact that those Palestinian representatives lack the mandate to do so.
1 comment for "Al-Jazeera Interview with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat on PLO/PA Strategy at the UN"
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Now, I watched them everyday on my laptop screen. Their painful beauty is unparalleled; they are driven by their conscience, driven by their belief in death before humiliation.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Event at GMU: The Double Execution of Saddam Hussein: Diaspora, Media, and Images, with Zainab Saleh
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (November 17-23)
- A French Atlas of the Gulf States
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (23 November)
- Arab Jewish Identity and the Art of Hospitality: A Conversation with Michael Rakowitz
- Visit Our Jadaliyya/ASI/GMU Booths at MESA! #83 and #84
- Maghreb Media Roundup (November 21)
- Give Palestinian Children a Voice
- On the Margins Roundup (November)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (November 19)
- شعراء ما بعد الطوفان
- New Texts Out Now: Lina Khatib, Dina Matar, and Atef Alshaer, The Hizbullah Phenomenon: Politics and Communication
- New Texts Out Now: Rula Jurdi Abisaab and Malek Abisaab, The Shi‘ites of Lebanon: Modernism, Communism, and Hizbullah’s Islamists
- Migration, Fisheries, and the Supremacy of European Interests in Mauritania
- مجلة “الوضع” الصوتية على الهواء أصغوا وساهموا
- Status Audio Journal is Live! Listen Away and Contribute
- Syria Media Roundup (November 18)
- Turkey Media Roundup (November 18)
- R-Shief Launches New Research Tools Allowing Full Access to Social Media Archives
- Armenian Diaspora Tourism in Turkey: An Interview with Anny Bakalian