From the Editors
[The following video was released on 23 September 2011. In the face of what is for all intents and purposes a mainstream media blackout, we felt it important to share this video and the accompanying text. It gives voice to many of the people gathered in the New York City financial district.]
We want to share insights into the formation of a new social movement as it is still taking shape in real time. The video was shot during the 5th and 6th day of the occupation. The idea to occupy the financial district in New York City was inspired by recent uprisings in Spain, Greece, Egypt, and Tunisia, which most of us were following online. Despite the corporate media's effort to silence these protests, and Yahoo's attempt to censor them in e-mail communications, the occupation is growing in numbers and spreading to other cities in the United States and abroad.
For more information, click here.
1 comment for "Nobody Can Predict the Moment of Revolution (Occupy Wall Street Video)"
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The audience is not simply watching a play; we become unwitting attendees at a public meeting. Our silence is read as approval, as Thomas and his wife appeal to the crowd to speak up for them. As Amin says, “Your silence becomes part of the play.”"click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- On the Margins Roundup (September)
- New Texts Out Now: Abdullah Al-Arian, Answering the Call: Popular Islamic Activism in Sadat’s Egypt
- Statement: Over 250 Anthropologists Join Call for a Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Le projet de ville nouvelle Bio-Istanbul: Un urbanisme spéculatif, ségrégatif et durable
- Egypt Monthly Edition on Jadaliyya (September 2014)
- Cities Media Roundup (September 1-30)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 30)
- A Voyage to Toledo: Twenty-Five Years After the 'Jews of the Orient and Palestinians' Meeting
- Displaced Intentions
- When Your Name is on the Blacklist
- عندما يكون اسمك على "القائمة السوداء"
- Statement by Scholar Ann Laura Stoler Endorsing BDS against Israel
- Turkey’s New Migration Policy: Control Through Bureaucratization
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 22-28)
- El Rass
- Excavating the Sky
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 29)
- Turkey after Gezi: An Interview with Simten Cosar
- Tadween Spotlight: Gaza
- Evden Emlaga Fikirtepe: Rant ve Spekulasyon Ekseninde Kentsel Donusum
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Statement by Jewish Studies Professors Regarding 'Deplorable' Amcha Initiative http://t.co/2eEW1QeGAA
yesterday at 9:02 AM
Jadaliyya's Top 50 of All Time http://t.co/mdnFJqWqM2
yesterday at 8:35 AM
Le projet de ville nouvelle Bio-Istanbul http://t.co/7TCOtNabQC
yesterday at 8:21 AM
Statement: Over 250 Anthropologists Join Call for a Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions http://t.co/d5GNce4597
yesterday at 8:10 AM
Egypt Monthly Edition on Jadaliyya (September 2014) http://t.co/lVuyHprzP6
yesterday at 8:05 AM