From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[The following video was released on 23 September 2011. In the face of what is for all intents and purposes a mainstream media blackout, we felt it important to share this video and the accompanying text. It gives voice to many of the people gathered in the New York City financial district.]
We want to share insights into the formation of a new social movement as it is still taking shape in real time. The video was shot during the 5th and 6th day of the occupation. The idea to occupy the financial district in New York City was inspired by recent uprisings in Spain, Greece, Egypt, and Tunisia, which most of us were following online. Despite the corporate media's effort to silence these protests, and Yahoo's attempt to censor them in e-mail communications, the occupation is growing in numbers and spreading to other cities in the United States and abroad.
For more information, click here.
1 comment for "Nobody Can Predict the Moment of Revolution (Occupy Wall Street Video)"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"broader shifts across the United States political establishment showcase an increasing tendency within American Muslim activism to reorient its engagement with policy-making circles in a way that risks becoming reappropriated and rearticulated for a new political reality."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- The Armenian Genocide and the Politics of Knowledge
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (March-April 2015)
- Naema’s Office is Bleeding
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (April-May 2015)
- We Are All Uncomfortable: On Academic Boycott & What Is Productive
- New Texts Out Now: Bedross Der Matossian, Shattered Dreams of Revolution: From Liberty to Violence in the Late Ottoman Empire
- Memory and Forgetfulness in A Settler Colony
- طائرة الجثامين الصباحية
- Wearing Catastrophe on Our Chests
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (May 19)
- Academic Freedom, Ethics, and Responsibility: The Silencing and Censoring of Palestine in Western Liberal Academia
- Then and Now: LCPS Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Ziad Abu-Rish on State Institutions in Lebanon
- النكبة كمصل في الوريد
- Turkey Media Roundup (May 19)
- Egypt Media Roundup (May 18)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (May 11-17)
- This is the Time. This is the Record of the Time
- ما هي النكبة؟
- Breaking House Rules: Hoodies, Hijabs, and Belonging in the Netherlands