From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Thanks to the generous deal given to us by ReadSpeaker, you can now listen to Jadaliyya and download our content in MP3 format to listen to on your iPod or any MP3 player. Granted, it will not be as exciting as David Guetta, Kanye West, Muhammad Munir, or `Amr Diab (or even Majida al-Roumi), but it will keep you up-to-date (if not in shape). Best of all, this function also applies to posts in Arabic!
Note that this feature is now on ALL Jadaliyya content, starting July 3rd, 2010, if you feel nostalgic . . .
All you have to do is click on "Listen" atop any article, and you'll have the post read to you. If you'd like to download the article in MP3 format, just right-click on "No Sound" and then "Download Linked File."
When the function box pops up, you can control the speed and other aspects of the audio by clicking on "Settings."
We will be experimenting further to bring you a comfortable and clear listening experience. Note that the readers is not perfect. This is not intended to provide the listener with an accurate reading of all text (some words will be mispronounced as this is a computer). But those who must listen instead of read for whatever reason, will find it useful and efficient, despite some imperfections. More to come. Hang tight!
1 comment for ""Listen" to Jadaliyya"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"the institutionalized disregard for Palestinian life in Western corridors of power not only helps explain why Palestinians also resort to violence, but Israel’s latest assault on the Gaza Strip as well."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Battlefield Syria: An Interview with Omar Dahi
- دعوة للمساهمة في دورية "اختيار" الثانية
- New Texts Out Now: Najat Rahman, In the Wake of the Poetic: Palestinian Artists after Darwish
- An Interview with Egyptian Novelist Sonallah Ibrahim
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (October 6)
- Quick Thoughts on Sanctions and Elite Factionalization in Syria: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Samer Abboud
- Migrant States, Mobile Economies: Rethinking the Political in Contemporary Turkey (GMU Event)
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 5)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 5)
- Netanyahu at the UN: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Interview by Al-Jazeera America
- A Portrait of Moustafa Fathi
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 28- October 4)
- On the Margins Roundup (October)
- De-dramatizing Algerian Politics
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (September 2015)
- مدن الحداثة
- Palestine Media Roundup (September 23– 30)
- The Palestine Exception to Free Speech: A Movement Under Attack in the US
- خمسة أسئلة عن التنوع البيبليوغرافي
- DARS Media Roundup (September 2015)