From the Editors
Thanks to the generous deal given to us by ReadSpeaker, you can now listen to Jadaliyya and download our content in MP3 format to listen to on your iPod or any MP3 player. Granted, it will not be as exciting as David Guetta, Kanye West, Muhammad Munir, or `Amr Diab (or even Majida al-Roumi), but it will keep you up-to-date (if not in shape). Best of all, this function also applies to posts in Arabic!
Note that this feature is now on ALL Jadaliyya content, starting July 3rd, 2010, if you feel nostalgic . . .
All you have to do is click on "Listen" atop any article, and you'll have the post read to you. If you'd like to download the article in MP3 format, just right-click on "No Sound" and then "Download Linked File."
When the function box pops up, you can control the speed and other aspects of the audio by clicking on "Settings."
We will be experimenting further to bring you a comfortable and clear listening experience. Note that the readers is not perfect. This is not intended to provide the listener with an accurate reading of all text (some words will be mispronounced as this is a computer). But those who must listen instead of read for whatever reason, will find it useful and efficient, despite some imperfections. More to come. Hang tight!
1 comment for ""Listen" to Jadaliyya"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
"With witty political commentary and folk-ish oud melodies, Egyptian musician Yasser El Manawahly channels the spirit of Sheikh Imam into the contemporary political and social issues of Egypt... taking on the idea that of the IMF as Egypt’s great savior in a satirical manner."click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut http://t.co/qWkYjpnv73
20 hours ago
Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World http://t.co/hYEOUmJrSx
23 hours ago
Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza http://t.co/XjZgCbg7Yf
23 hours ago
Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza http://t.co/uHOsoOJIUA
yesterday at 3:12 AM
Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 14-20) http://t.co/mwBrIekKOl
yesterday at 3:16 PM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Ali Kadivar, Alliances and Perception Profiles in the Iranian Reform Movement, 1997 to 2005
- Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut
- Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World
- Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22)
- Israel Mows the Lawn
- نون"... حرف واحدة تكفي فاتحة للخراب الاكبر في العراق"
- Mohamed Bouazizi, l'ouvrier agricole : Relire la « révolution » depuis les campagnes tunisiennes
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 21)
- Video: US Aid to Israel - The Real Deal
- بغايا بغداد التعيسات
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 14-20)
- HRW Whitewashes Israel, The Law Supports Hamas: Some Reflections on Israel’s Latest Massacre
- Press Release: UNRWA Commissioner-General Press Briefing on the Situation in Gaza Strip
- Kateb Yacine: A Profile from the Archives
- On the Margins Roundup (July)
- On Our Intervention in Kalam al-Nas: Real Estate Development Will Not Realize the Dreams of the Lebanese
- رد مصر على الهجوم الإسرائيلي على غزة: مقابلة مع حسام الحملاوي
- Incremental Genocide: An Interview with Ilan Pappe
- HRW Improves Position on Gaza/Israel, Calls for Suspension of Some US Arms to Israel