From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Thanks to the generous deal given to us by ReadSpeaker, you can now listen to Jadaliyya and download our content in MP3 format to listen to on your iPod or any MP3 player. Granted, it will not be as exciting as David Guetta, Kanye West, Muhammad Munir, or `Amr Diab (or even Majida al-Roumi), but it will keep you up-to-date (if not in shape). Best of all, this function also applies to posts in Arabic!
Note that this feature is now on ALL Jadaliyya content, starting July 3rd, 2010, if you feel nostalgic . . .
All you have to do is click on "Listen" atop any article, and you'll have the post read to you. If you'd like to download the article in MP3 format, just right-click on "No Sound" and then "Download Linked File."
When the function box pops up, you can control the speed and other aspects of the audio by clicking on "Settings."
We will be experimenting further to bring you a comfortable and clear listening experience. Note that the readers is not perfect. This is not intended to provide the listener with an accurate reading of all text (some words will be mispronounced as this is a computer). But those who must listen instead of read for whatever reason, will find it useful and efficient, despite some imperfections. More to come. Hang tight!
1 comment for ""Listen" to Jadaliyya"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"We make a mistake if we accept the view that states are fighting terrorism, since we have abundant evidence for accepting the idea of state terrorism, and what is most urgent is to track and expose how state terrorism operates under the rubric of “democracy.”"click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- New Texts Out Now: Maha Abdelrahman, Egypt's Long Revolution: Protest Movements and Uprisings
- Le Père Lebret, chroniqueur de l’Etat libanais en construction
- Expropriation, Lawlessness, and Resistance in Yirca's Olive Groves: An Interview with Olcay Bingol and Deniz Bayram
- لم يكن في خطتنا أن ننتصر
- Faculty Support Student-Workers of UAW 2865 in Solidarity with Palestinian Students and Workers
- Syria Media Roundup (November 25)
- Turkey Media Roundup (November 25)
- Moving in the Maze with Cairene Artist Qarm Qart
- Larissa Sansour
- Event at GMU: The Double Execution of Saddam Hussein: Diaspora, Media, and Images, with Zainab Saleh
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (November 17-23)
- A French Atlas of the Gulf States
- Egypt Media Roundup (November 24)
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (23 November)
- Arab Jewish Identity and the Art of Hospitality: A Conversation with Michael Rakowitz
- Visit Our Jadaliyya/ASI/GMU Booths at MESA! #83 and #84
- Maghreb Media Roundup (November 21)
- Give Palestinian Children a Voice
- On the Margins Roundup (November)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (November 19)