From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Thanks to the generous deal given to us by ReadSpeaker, you can now listen to Jadaliyya and download our content in MP3 format to listen to on your iPod or any MP3 player. Granted, it will not be as exciting as David Guetta, Kanye West, Muhammad Munir, or `Amr Diab (or even Majida al-Roumi), but it will keep you up-to-date (if not in shape). Best of all, this function also applies to posts in Arabic!
Note that this feature is now on ALL Jadaliyya content, starting July 3rd, 2010, if you feel nostalgic . . .
All you have to do is click on "Listen" atop any article, and you'll have the post read to you. If you'd like to download the article in MP3 format, just right-click on "No Sound" and then "Download Linked File."
When the function box pops up, you can control the speed and other aspects of the audio by clicking on "Settings."
We will be experimenting further to bring you a comfortable and clear listening experience. Note that the readers is not perfect. This is not intended to provide the listener with an accurate reading of all text (some words will be mispronounced as this is a computer). But those who must listen instead of read for whatever reason, will find it useful and efficient, despite some imperfections. More to come. Hang tight!
1 comment for ""Listen" to Jadaliyya"
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
But in re-considering [Midnight’s Children] on the thirtieth anniversary of its publication, it is also worth thinking about some of the doors that have closed in the intervening three decades.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Cities Media Roundup (August 2015)
- Israel’s Defeat on the Iran Deal
- Lebanon: What Do You Mean There Is No State?
- Beirut Revolt: What Is to be Done?
- Quick Thoughts: Moe Ali Nayel on Lebanon’s Garbage Crisis and Protest Movement
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Vangelis Kehriyotis anisina
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.2 is Live!
- Lebanon, August 2015: Notes on Paralysis, Protests, and Hope
- في تعاقب المنافي، ستحملنا الريح إلى الوطن
- New Texts Out Now: Gary Wilder, Freedom Time: Negritude, Decolonization, and the Future of the World
- قدّروا شجاعة الرجل
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 25)
- Palestine Media Roundup (July 20- August 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (August 25)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim Fit In? (Part 2)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim fit in? (Part 1)
- The Reality of Ethnic Cleansing and Kurdish State in Syria
- The Good, the Bad and the Crimson Shoe
- Ekin Wan’in bedeninde ifsa olan devlet ya da kadinlar sira bizde