From the Editors
Thanks to the generous deal given to us by ReadSpeaker, you can now listen to Jadaliyya and download our content in MP3 format to listen to on your iPod or any MP3 player. Granted, it will not be as exciting as David Guetta, Kanye West, Muhammad Munir, or `Amr Diab (or even Majida al-Roumi), but it will keep you up-to-date (if not in shape). Best of all, this function also applies to posts in Arabic!
Note that this feature is now on ALL Jadaliyya content, starting July 3rd, 2010, if you feel nostalgic . . .
All you have to do is click on "Listen" atop any article, and you'll have the post read to you. If you'd like to download the article in MP3 format, just right-click on "No Sound" and then "Download Linked File."
When the function box pops up, you can control the speed and other aspects of the audio by clicking on "Settings."
We will be experimenting further to bring you a comfortable and clear listening experience. Note that the readers is not perfect. This is not intended to provide the listener with an accurate reading of all text (some words will be mispronounced as this is a computer). But those who must listen instead of read for whatever reason, will find it useful and efficient, despite some imperfections. More to come. Hang tight!
1 comment for ""Listen" to Jadaliyya"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“While proposed reforms may indeed postpone the Spring of Anger a little, the risk of revolution is definitely increasing with the dusk of the oil age.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Reporter Jon Snow on Gaza's Children: Misery and Responsibility
- The Informants: Manufacturing Terror
- Arab Studies Journal Call for Papers: "Wayn al-Dawleh?" In Search of the Lebanese State
- Video: When Media Coverage Of Gaza And Israel Becomes The Story
- Maghreb Media Roundup (July 26)
- عن صعود الطائفية السياسية في العراق و تفكيكها
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Growing Israeli and Neoconservative Fears of One More Frittata (Groundbreaking Video)
- Statement by Palestinian Academics, Public Figures, and Activists in Gaza: No Ceasefire Without Justice
- The Palestinian Resistance and Its Enemies
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Debates the Tactics and Ethics of Warfare on PBS Newshour
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Sky News' Sherine Tadros on Reporting the Israeli Attack on Gaza
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 July)
- A Debate on Gaza: Democracy Now! Interviews Ali Abunimah of Electronic Intifada and. J.J. Goldberg of the Jewish Daily Forward
- New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Ali Kadivar, Alliances and Perception Profiles in the Iranian Reform Movement, 1997 to 2005
- Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut
- Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World
- Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22)
- Israel Mows the Lawn
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Video: When Media Coverage Of Gaza And Israel Becomes The Story http://t.co/kEHo0NzxJ5
yesterday at 10:25 AM
The Informants: Manufacturing Terror http://t.co/AXY0FGKVRh
yesterday at 9:47 AM
Growing Israeli and Neoconservative Fears of One More Frittata (Groundbreaking Video) http://t.co/uIm7t77jEm
yesterday at 9:47 AM
عن صعود الطائفية السياسية في العراق و تفكيكها http://t.co/XenCubKnq1
yesterday at 9:46 AM
Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked http://t.co/IuZHBgf5zc
yesterday at 9:45 AM