From the Editors
Thanks to the generous deal given to us by ReadSpeaker, you can now listen to Jadaliyya and download our content in MP3 format to listen to on your iPod or any MP3 player. Granted, it will not be as exciting as David Guetta, Kanye West, Muhammad Munir, or `Amr Diab (or even Majida al-Roumi), but it will keep you up-to-date (if not in shape). Best of all, this function also applies to posts in Arabic!
Note that this feature is now on ALL Jadaliyya content, starting July 3rd, 2010, if you feel nostalgic . . .
All you have to do is click on "Listen" atop any article, and you'll have the post read to you. If you'd like to download the article in MP3 format, just right-click on "No Sound" and then "Download Linked File."
When the function box pops up, you can control the speed and other aspects of the audio by clicking on "Settings."
We will be experimenting further to bring you a comfortable and clear listening experience. Note that the readers is not perfect. This is not intended to provide the listener with an accurate reading of all text (some words will be mispronounced as this is a computer). But those who must listen instead of read for whatever reason, will find it useful and efficient, despite some imperfections. More to come. Hang tight!
1 comment for ""Listen" to Jadaliyya"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Such shows of force on our campuses, as much as the actual acts of violence themselves, need to be declared completely unacceptable.click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
American Studies Association Resolution on Academic Boycott of Israel http://t.co/PnJrCLbu7S
13 hours ago
Arab Studies Journal Spotlight: Visual Arts and Art Practices in the Middle East (Spring 2010) http://t.co/e6HN3XKgDP via @jadaliyya
13 hours ago
National Committee of American Studies Association unanimously endorses academic boycott of Israel: http://t.co/lgTdXAYwfs
20 hours ago
Twenty Years of Talks: Keeping Palestine Occupied (Infograph) http://t.co/4vyjy9lY27
20 hours ago
Devastation Is Upon Us http://t.co/55auC5DUqW
22 hours ago
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- American Studies Association Resolution on Academic Boycott of Israel
- Devastation Is Upon Us
- New Texts Out Now: Ralf Brand and Sara Fregonese, The Radicals’ City: Urban Environment, Polarization, Cohesion
- Twenty Years of Talks: Keeping Palestine Occupied
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (December 3)
- هل تحتاج الثورة إلى قانون للتظاهر؟
- Sonbol in Sinai: A Narrative of Territorialization
- Turkey Media Roundup (December 3)
- O.I.L. Monthly Edition (November 2013)
- Tel Aviv-Jaffa’s “City for All” – Is There Emancipatory Potential in Israeli Municipal Politics?: An Interview with Matan Kaminer
- Legal Agenda Launches English Online Edition
- Egypt Media Roundup (December 2)
- Toward an Ethic of Legitimate Dissent: Academic Boycott at the American Studies Association
- Implications of Morocco's Bifurcated Educational System
- Tadween Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World
- Arab Studies Journal Spotlight: Visual Arts and Art Practices in the Middle East (Spring 2010)
- Violence Against Copts in Egypt
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (November 26- December 1)
- Tornistan (Gezi Park Animated Film)
- الثورة الجزائرية: محاورة الماضي