From the Editors
List of Palestinian Prisoners Released on 18 October 2011 (Includes Names, Dates of Arrest, and Sentences )
The following is a list of Palestinian prisoners being released by the Israeli govnernment on 18 October 2011 as part of the prisoner exchange agreement. It includes the name, origin, date of arrest, sentences received, and destination of release for each of the total 477 (450 male and 27 female) Palestinian prisoners released on this date. The final stage of the prisoner exchange deal will take place in two months, entailing the release of 550 additional Palestinian prisoners.
For a comprehensive analysis of Palestinian prisoners being released as part of the exchange, as well as the historical context, political significance, and precedent-making nature of this exchange agreement, read Jadaliyya's "The Deal Behind the 'Shalit Deal': Prisoners, Power, Racism."
1 comment for "List of Palestinian Prisoners Released on 18 October 2011 (Includes Names, Dates of Arrest, and Sentences )"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Reports Roundup (May 18)
- Injuries, Arrests and House Raids: The Case of a Bahraini Family
- الليبرالية الفلسطينية أمام القضاء الإسرائيلي
- ما هي النكبة؟
- Academic Freedom and the Middle East: A Handbook for Teaching and Research
- Syria's Inglorious Basterd
- Maghreb Media Roundup (May 17)
- Buckling to Bigotry: The Newseum Dishonors Murdered Palestinian Journalists
- كتب: أطفال الندى
- Statement of the Arab and Middle East Journalists Association in Reference to Newseum Scandal
- New Texts Out Now: Maya Mikdashi, What is Settler Colonialism? and Sherene Seikaly, Return to the Present
- On the Margins Roundup (May)
- On the American Association of University Professors' Opposition to Academic Boycotts
- The Palestinian Museum: An Agent Of Empowerment And Integration For Palestinians
- An Ongoing Displacement: The Forced Exile of the Palestinians
- Syria Media Roundup (May 16)
- The Ongoing Nakba: The Forcible Displacement of the Palestinian People
- Nakba 2013: The Palestinian Youth Movement Commemorates 65 Years of Al Nakba (Introduction)
- النكبة، هنا، الآن
- حول استبعاد النكبة الفلسطينية من دراسات الصدمة