From the Editors
Palestinian American Research Center
PARC 2012-13 Fellowship Competition for U.S. Scholars: Conducting Field-Based Research on Palestine
Fellowship awards from $6,000 to $10,000
Full proposals due January 12, 2012
Awards announced March 12, 2012
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 13th annual competition for post-doctoral and doctoral research fellowships in Palestinian studies.
Important information about the fellowship competition:
- Research must contribute to Palestinian studies. Any area of Palestinian studies will be considered, including the humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health and science. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- PARC funding is for one year only.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program. Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time the research commences. The fellowship will not cover tuition fees. Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are eligible. Applicants with a master’s degree may only apply jointly with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Applicants must be PARC members. See the PARC website for membership information.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible.
- Former PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Applications from women are especially encouraged.
In addition to sending all application materials by email to email@example.com, applicants must send four copies of the full application (except for letters of recommendation) to:
PARC, Penelope Mitchell, Executive Director, 6520 East Halbert Road, Bethesda, MD 20817-5414
For more information on PARC, PARC membership, and the application process, go to http://parc-us-pal.org/ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palestinians who are not U.S. citizens should direct inquiries to:
Dr. Hadeel Qazzaz, Palestine Director, at email@example.com. Palestinian applicants must submit a preproposal to PARC’s Palestine office by October 25, 2011.
Funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Educational and Cultural Affairs Bureau through an agreement with CAORC.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"That this election is proceeding in a context of wide-scale arrest, prosecution, imprisonment and even murder of political dissidents leaves little doubt that this vote is devoid of democratic merits."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Malak Helmy: Lost Referents of Some Attraction
- The FBI’s War on Fake Terrorism
- فصل من رواية نوكيا
- A City-Sized Prison-House
- Turkey Media Roundup (July 29)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 29)
- Cities Media Roundup (July 1-28)
- Isolating Gaza
- العراق: خطاب التقسيم والأقلمة
- Joint Declaration by International Law Experts on Israel’s Gaza Offensive
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 28)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 21-27)
- Reporter Jon Snow on Gaza's Children: Misery and Responsibility
- The Informants: Manufacturing Terror
- Arab Studies Journal Call for Papers: "Wayn al-Dawleh?" In Search of the Lebanese State
- Video: When Media Coverage Of Gaza And Israel Becomes The Story
- Maghreb Media Roundup (July 26)
- عن صعود الطائفية السياسية في العراق و تفكيكها
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Growing Israeli and Neoconservative Fears of One More Frittata (Groundbreaking Video)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Malak Helmy: Lost Referents of Some Attraction http://t.co/shL0Ny2sBH
11 hours ago
العراق: خطاب التقسيم والأقلمة http://t.co/PXwpbJQq5x
yesterday at 9:00 PM
A City-Sized Prison-House http://t.co/vbUvlX6PvR
yesterday at 4:02 PM
باسم سليمان: فصل من رواية نوكيا http://t.co/DNcrNwENJv
yesterday at 1:39 PM
Turkey Media Roundup (July 29) http://t.co/aRs2uMpjcw
yesterday at 11:38 AM