From the Editors
Palestinian American Research Center
PARC 2012-13 Fellowship Competition for U.S. Scholars: Conducting Field-Based Research on Palestine
Fellowship awards from $6,000 to $10,000
Full proposals due January 12, 2012
Awards announced March 12, 2012
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 13th annual competition for post-doctoral and doctoral research fellowships in Palestinian studies.
Important information about the fellowship competition:
- Research must contribute to Palestinian studies. Any area of Palestinian studies will be considered, including the humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health and science. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- PARC funding is for one year only.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program. Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time the research commences. The fellowship will not cover tuition fees. Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are eligible. Applicants with a master’s degree may only apply jointly with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Applicants must be PARC members. See the PARC website for membership information.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible.
- Former PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Applications from women are especially encouraged.
In addition to sending all application materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, applicants must send four copies of the full application (except for letters of recommendation) to:
PARC, Penelope Mitchell, Executive Director, 6520 East Halbert Road, Bethesda, MD 20817-5414
For more information on PARC, PARC membership, and the application process, go to http://parc-us-pal.org/ or contact us at email@example.com.
Palestinians who are not U.S. citizens should direct inquiries to:
Dr. Hadeel Qazzaz, Palestine Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Palestinian applicants must submit a preproposal to PARC’s Palestine office by October 25, 2011.
Funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Educational and Cultural Affairs Bureau through an agreement with CAORC.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
- الجزائر إعادة تخيّل الحقبة الجميلة
- بغداد: نعمة النفايات وفوضاها
- American Studies Association Resolution on Academic Boycott of Israel
- New Texts Out Now: Ralf Brand and Sara Fregonese, The Radicals’ City: Urban Environment, Polarization, Cohesion
- Implications of Morocco's Bifurcated Educational System
Call for Applicants: Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow in Italian Studies and Middle East Studies 2014-2016 (Brown... http://t.co/Vg1sj6ROwL
yesterday at 1:57 PM
Campaign Update: Hebrew University Oral History Conference Dealt Two Significant Blows http://t.co/HZFSVhWowM
yesterday at 1:56 PM
حيدر عيد: تأملات فلسطينية في الأيديولوجيا السياسية الأمريكية http://t.co/apyPlZSGpc
yesterday at 9:34 AM
BBC News - US and UK suspend non-lethal aid for Syria rebels http://t.co/bqQ4btrjZC
yesterday at 8:50 AM
DARS Media Roundup (December 11) http://t.co/sZPFgiZpJj
yesterday at 8:44 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- DARS Media Roundup (December 11)
- تأملات فلسطينية في الأيديولوجيا السياسية الأمريكية
- New Texts Out Now: Abdel Razzaq Takriti, Monsoon Revolution: Republicans, Sultans, and Empires in Oman, 1965-1976
- Jil Oslo: Palestinian Hip Hop, Youth Culture, and the Youth Movement
- الأبارتهايد ونقاشات منع التجوّل
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (December 10)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (December 2-8)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (December 10)
- International Human Rights Day: Palestinian People’s Suffering Continues
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (10 December)
- Syria Media Roundup (December 10)
- Turkey Media Roundup (December 10)
- Egypt Media Roundup (December 9)
- Drug Trafficking in Northwest Africa: The Moroccan Gateway
- Maghreb Media Roundup (December 9)
- Israel Wins in Mexico
- The Whispers of WhatsApp: Beyond Facebook and Twitter in the Middle East
- Beirut Art Center's Exposure 2013
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (November 2013)
- Outlawing The January 25 Revolution (VIDEO)