From the Editors
Palestinian American Research Center
PARC 2012-13 Fellowship Competition for U.S. Scholars: Conducting Field-Based Research on Palestine
Fellowship awards from $6,000 to $10,000
Full proposals due January 12, 2012
Awards announced March 12, 2012
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 13th annual competition for post-doctoral and doctoral research fellowships in Palestinian studies.
Important information about the fellowship competition:
- Research must contribute to Palestinian studies. Any area of Palestinian studies will be considered, including the humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health and science. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- PARC funding is for one year only.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program. Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time the research commences. The fellowship will not cover tuition fees. Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are eligible. Applicants with a master’s degree may only apply jointly with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Applicants must be PARC members. See the PARC website for membership information.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible.
- Former PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Applications from women are especially encouraged.
In addition to sending all application materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, applicants must send four copies of the full application (except for letters of recommendation) to:
PARC, Penelope Mitchell, Executive Director, 6520 East Halbert Road, Bethesda, MD 20817-5414
For more information on PARC, PARC membership, and the application process, go to http://parc-us-pal.org/ or contact us at email@example.com.
Palestinians who are not U.S. citizens should direct inquiries to:
Dr. Hadeel Qazzaz, Palestine Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Palestinian applicants must submit a preproposal to PARC’s Palestine office by October 25, 2011.
Funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Educational and Cultural Affairs Bureau through an agreement with CAORC.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
“How can critical Jewish voices dismantle the opposition's claims while simultaneously working to dismantle the very paradigm that grants them the privilege to do so? “click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22) http://t.co/CI9Edy3yFh
14 hours ago
Israel Mows the Lawn http://t.co/O92TjmlgzT
15 hours ago
حمزة عليوي:" نون"...حرف واحدة تكفي فاتحة للخراب الاكبر في العراق http://t.co/SVCdPbXumP
16 hours ago
Petition: Nobel Peace Laureates and Celebrities Call for Military Embargo on Israel http://t.co/4c5ZHR1X0e
yesterday at 5:05 PM
Mohamed Bouazizi, l'ouvrier agricole : Relire la « révolution » depuis les campagnes tunisiennes http://t.co/M9Eb51FoZf
yesterday at 9:44 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22)
- Israel Mows the Lawn
- نون"... حرف واحدة تكفي فاتحة للخراب الاكبر في العراق"
- Mohamed Bouazizi, l'ouvrier agricole : Relire la « révolution » depuis les campagnes tunisiennes
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 21)
- Video: US Aid to Israel - The Real Deal
- بغايا بغداد التعيسات
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 14-20)
- HRW Whitewashes Israel, The Law Supports Hamas: Some Reflections on Israel’s Latest Massacre
- Press Release: UNRWA Commissioner-General Press Briefing on the Situation in Gaza Strip
- Kateb Yacine: A Profile from the Archives
- On the Margins Roundup (July)
- On Our Intervention in Kalam al-Nas: Real Estate Development Will Not Realize the Dreams of the Lebanese
- رد مصر على الهجوم الإسرائيلي على غزة: مقابلة مع حسام الحملاوي
- Incremental Genocide: An Interview with Ilan Pappe
- HRW Improves Position on Gaza/Israel, Calls for Suspension of Some US Arms to Israel
- مقطع من رواية سِفر الاختفاء
- Egypt's Response To The Israeli Assault On Gaza: An Interview With Hossam El-Hamalawy
- كم نكبة عاشها فلسطينيو سيناء؟ الجزء الثاني
- Did Israel Spark Violence to Prevent "Peace Offensive"?: Democracy Now! Interview with Mouin Rabbani and Norman Finkelstein