From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Palestinian American Research Center
PARC 2012-13 Fellowship Competition for U.S. Scholars: Conducting Field-Based Research on Palestine
Fellowship awards from $6,000 to $10,000
Full proposals due January 12, 2012
Awards announced March 12, 2012
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 13th annual competition for post-doctoral and doctoral research fellowships in Palestinian studies.
Important information about the fellowship competition:
- Research must contribute to Palestinian studies. Any area of Palestinian studies will be considered, including the humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health and science. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- PARC funding is for one year only.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program. Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time the research commences. The fellowship will not cover tuition fees. Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are eligible. Applicants with a master’s degree may only apply jointly with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Applicants must be PARC members. See the PARC website for membership information.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible.
- Former PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Applications from women are especially encouraged.
In addition to sending all application materials by email to email@example.com, applicants must send four copies of the full application (except for letters of recommendation) to:
PARC, Penelope Mitchell, Executive Director, 6520 East Halbert Road, Bethesda, MD 20817-5414
For more information on PARC, PARC membership, and the application process, go to http://parc-us-pal.org/ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palestinians who are not U.S. citizens should direct inquiries to:
Dr. Hadeel Qazzaz, Palestine Director, at email@example.com. Palestinian applicants must submit a preproposal to PARC’s Palestine office by October 25, 2011.
Funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Educational and Cultural Affairs Bureau through an agreement with CAORC.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Not all successful mediators are neutral, yet America’s seemingly limitless devotion to the colonizer against the colonized cries out for a counterweight.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Maghreb Media Roundup (October 23)
- Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of Universities, Live Stream Event with Steven Salaita (27 October 2014 at GMU)
- On the BDS Blacklist
- أشباح سركون بولص
- ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص
- عن سركون بولص في ذكراه
- New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
- Liberalizmin tasfiyesi ve Ortadogu'da alacakaranlik
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
On the BDS Blacklist http://t.co/p6EKLEEBXg
10 hours ago
Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of Universities, Live Stream Event with Steven... http://t.co/GgjAHG3xzz
10 hours ago
11 hours ago
Maghreb Media Roundup (October 23) http://t.co/8rrzHq0Ljr
15 hours ago
Live Stream Event -- Steven Salaita on 'Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of... http://t.co/KPm3l3BMpf
15 hours ago