From the Editors
Palestinian American Research Center
PARC 2012-13 Fellowship Competition for U.S. Scholars: Conducting Field-Based Research on Palestine
Fellowship awards from $6,000 to $10,000
Full proposals due January 12, 2012
Awards announced March 12, 2012
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 13th annual competition for post-doctoral and doctoral research fellowships in Palestinian studies.
Important information about the fellowship competition:
- Research must contribute to Palestinian studies. Any area of Palestinian studies will be considered, including the humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health and science. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- PARC funding is for one year only.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program. Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time the research commences. The fellowship will not cover tuition fees. Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are eligible. Applicants with a master’s degree may only apply jointly with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Applicants must be PARC members. See the PARC website for membership information.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible.
- Former PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Applications from women are especially encouraged.
In addition to sending all application materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, applicants must send four copies of the full application (except for letters of recommendation) to:
PARC, Penelope Mitchell, Executive Director, 6520 East Halbert Road, Bethesda, MD 20817-5414
For more information on PARC, PARC membership, and the application process, go to http://parc-us-pal.org/ or contact us at email@example.com.
Palestinians who are not U.S. citizens should direct inquiries to:
Dr. Hadeel Qazzaz, Palestine Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Palestinian applicants must submit a preproposal to PARC’s Palestine office by October 25, 2011.
Funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Educational and Cultural Affairs Bureau through an agreement with CAORC.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Said’s legacy is one that insists on the necessity of solidarity, and of linking up various forms of struggle. But it is also one that deepens our understanding of solidarity by noting that solidarity and criticism, sometimes taken to be opposites, are in fact closely linked...click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- The Growing Phenomenon of Pro-Israeli Advocacy in Chinese Academia
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 23)
- Yemen: The Peace and National Partnership Agreement
- اليمن: نص اتفاق السلم والشراكة الوطنية
- Breaking: Yemeni Political Alliances Shift as Houthis Capture Sanaa
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 22)
- On Dead and Living Characters
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 15-21)
- Mehdi Haddab
- Court Suspends Mahienour El-Massry's Sentence, Orders Release
- Muhammad Abduh: A Profile from the Archives
- Iraq: A State or Militias?
- Progressive Struggles against Insidious Capitalist Individualism: Interview with Angela Davis
- Syria Media Roundup (September 20)
- DARS Media Roundup (September 20)
- حروب الردة أو اغتيال المستقبل
- Defending Palestine Solidarity Activists: An Interview with Dima Khalidi
- Sympathy for the Devil: Palestine’s Tragic Collaborators
- LA Event--From Gaza to Ferguson: A Panel Discussion (18 September 2014)
- Understanding Modernity: A Review of the Kuwait Pavilion at the Venice Biennale
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Egypt Media Roundup (September 22) http://t.co/FuTMAJH5vX
11 hours ago
The Growing Phenomenon of Pro-Israeli Advocacy in Chinese Academia http://t.co/vNWjLgmcSu
12 hours ago
Call for Applicants: Historian of the Modern Middle East (Brown University) http://t.co/rh4ZLlYvEX
15 hours ago
Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 23) http://t.co/i0l43OZt5A
15 hours ago
Breaking: Yemeni Political Alliances Shift as Houthis Capture San`aa http://t.co/AI2wniL4VP
yesterday at 7:42 PM