From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
R-Shief Opens Its Databases of Twitter #Occupy Tags and Analytics In A Collective 3-Day Effort to #Occupydata
LOS ANGELES, October 26, 2011- 3 Days, 30 Twitter hashtags, and countless ways to understand the occupy movement. From 09 December 2011 to 11 December 2011, R-Shief, a lab that collects and analyzes Middle East content from the Internet, will hold its first hackathon with satellite locations throughout the world. The aim of this event is to give activists data collected from Twitter, as well as R-Shief’s machine learning analytics, in a collective effort to offer a public and shared repository for data and visualizations about the Occupy Movements.
In solidarity with protestors around the world, #OccupyData is meant to serve as an intervention by offering experts and activists means to work together and think critically about the movement, its messages, and goals. Register and receive open access to export four CSV files for each hashtag -- (1) stats by day, (2) stats by hour (3) stats by minute and the (4) raw data itself. (These files are automatically updated hourly). We encourage all participants to post links or images of the work that comes out of this to R-Shief’s blog رشيف | Blog or Visualize It section رشيف | Data Visualizations. Reports from this event will also be featured in Jadaliyya.
Register @ R-Shief | #OccupyData
Live graphs @ R-Shief Twitterminer
WHAT: #OccupyData: a hackathon of Twitter #occupy tags
WHEN: December 9, 2011 to December 11, 2011, 12 a.m. PST.
HOSTED BY: R-Shief.org
- Jadaliyya e-zine
- USC's Institute for Multimedia and Literacy
- USC’s Interdivisional Media Arts and Practice Ph.D. Program
STEERING COMMITTEE: Micha Cardenas, Sasha Costanza-Chock, Jeremy Douglass, Maria Garrido, A. J. Patrick Liszkiewicz, VJ Um Amel, and Jillian C. York
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
- Liberalizmin tasfiyesi ve Ortadogu'da alacakaranlik
- جدلية في عامها الرابع
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (George Mason University, 20 October 2014)
- Is the Center for Jewish Life Stifling Free Speech on Campus?
- Hassan Khan in Conversation with Mohamed Abdelkarim
- In Memory of Suphi Nejat Agirnasli
- إشكالية المجتمع المدني في المغرب
- Press Release: Saudi Death Sentence against Shia Leader Is Politically Motivated
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Egypt Media Roundup (October 20) http://t.co/trI75cN6p3
11 hours ago
RT @CabreraAngel: The @NYTimes covers @jadaliyya "an inside-out perspective of the Middle East" led by Mason Prof. Bassam Haddad http://t.c…
12 hours ago
LA Event: Spotlight on Egypt (23 October 2014) http://t.co/2r1x5vB2Ub
16 hours ago
Turkey Media Roundup (October 21) http://t.co/RqXX3Lp8Fw
16 hours ago
O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October) http://t.co/yHjEnz9kJH
16 hours ago