From the Editors
In this video, Sayed Mohsen Abdel-Ghani, an Egyptian who works at a printing facility in Cairo’s northern neighborhood of Sharabia, describes how Egyptian security forces tortured him after he was arrested near the American University in Cairo on 20 January 2011. His arrest came in the wake of last week’s days-long clashes between Egyptian security forces and demonstrators in and around Tahrir Square.
This clip was produced by Mosireen. Click here for more information.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Said’s legacy is one that insists on the necessity of solidarity, and of linking up various forms of struggle. But it is also one that deepens our understanding of solidarity by noting that solidarity and criticism, sometimes taken to be opposites, are in fact closely linked...click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Sharing the Nile Waters According to Needs
- After The Ceasefire: Searching for Accountability
- Cities Media Roundup (August 1-30)
- Message From Human Rights Defender Maryam al-Khawaja
- Beard Phobia
- نفس الكتاب".. جرحٌ تعجز الكتابة عن لَأْمِه"
- On the Margins Roundup (August)
- Prominent Human Rights Lawyer Ahmed Seif al-Islam Dies
- An Open Letter
- New Texts Out Now: Erin Runions, The Babylon Complex: Theopolitical Fantasies of War, Sex, and Sovereignty
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 26)
- الخطر السياسي القادم ما بعد العدوان على غزة
- ملف من الأرشيف: محمد شكري
- Syria Media Roundup (August 15)
- Antisemitism and Salaita
- Israel's "Operation Status Quo": A Preliminary Assessment
- Who Are the Insurgents and Counterinsurgents?
- Support for Steven Salaita and the UIUC Boycott Continues to Grow
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 18-24)
- لا تقصص رؤياك
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Cities Media Roundup (August 1-30) http://t.co/ISI8eIbCWz
11 hours ago
Sharing the Nile Waters According to Needs http://t.co/AG4M7aZFAA
12 hours ago
After The Ceasefire: Searching for Accountability http://t.co/eJrEl8kG7X
13 hours ago
Useful breakdown of circular logic that can get person on US watchlist & consequences of. http://t.co/rIOht82wdm via @arjunsethi81 @guardian
13 hours ago
RT @MARYAMALKHAWAJA: Overheard guards saying they are going to deport me. They keep saying I am not a citizen, but won't show me any docume…
yesterday at 8:17 PM