From the Editors
The Supreme Administrative Court upheld a verdict that orders the cancellation of the parliamentary elections’ first round in El-Sahel district, Cairo.
The Supreme Administrative Court upheld on Monday a verdict that orders the cancelation of the parliamentary elections’ first round in El-Sahel district, Cairo, due to major violations.
Fifteen ballot boxes were missing while 75 more damaged, and thus the results do not reflect the will of the voters, according to the Supreme Administrative Court’s final judgment.
The verdict was returned yesterday after some candidates filed 27 complaints against the violations that took place in El-Sahel.
Candidates’ supporters intensively crowded in El-Sahel’s polling stations in the first round, which enabled some forgers to mess with the ballot boxes.
The elections’ first round, which took place on 28 and 29 November, are now to be repeated in the rundown district as the ruling is final and cannot be appealed against.
Previously, the Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) had appealed against the verdict, which was also rejected by the Supreme Committee for Elections as well.
The verdict means the ongoing runoffs of the first round in El-Sahel will be halted too.
[Developed in partnership with Ahram Online.]
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
RT @4Bassam: US Tax-Payer Dollars at work: BBC News - Gaza UN school shelter hit, 'killing 15' http://t.co/11292FCHFX
10 hours ago
Media on the Margins: An Interview with Sky News' Sherine Tadros on Reporting the Israeli Attack on Gaza http://t.co/oo9MztEZEr
13 hours ago
New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Ali Kadivar, Alliances and Perception Profiles in the Iranian Reform Movement, 1997... http://t.co/CBbMAEyIZ6
14 hours ago
14 hours ago
Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut http://t.co/qWkYjpnv73
yesterday at 8:58 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Sky News' Sherine Tadros on Reporting the Israeli Attack on Gaza
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 July)
- A Debate on Gaza: Democracy Now! Interviews Ali Abunimah of Electronic Intifada and. J.J. Goldberg of the Jewish Daily Forward
- New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Ali Kadivar, Alliances and Perception Profiles in the Iranian Reform Movement, 1997 to 2005
- Fractured Space: The Case of Souk al-Ahad, Beirut
- Al-Diwan Roundup: News and Analysis in Publishing and Academia from the Arab World
- Can Palestinian Men be Victims? Gendering Israel's War on Gaza
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 22)
- Israel Mows the Lawn
- نون"... حرف واحدة تكفي فاتحة للخراب الاكبر في العراق"
- Mohamed Bouazizi, l'ouvrier agricole : Relire la « révolution » depuis les campagnes tunisiennes
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 21)
- Video: US Aid to Israel - The Real Deal
- بغايا بغداد التعيسات
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 14-20)
- HRW Whitewashes Israel, The Law Supports Hamas: Some Reflections on Israel’s Latest Massacre
- Press Release: UNRWA Commissioner-General Press Briefing on the Situation in Gaza Strip
- Kateb Yacine: A Profile from the Archives
- On the Margins Roundup (July)
- On Our Intervention in Kalam al-Nas: Real Estate Development Will Not Realize the Dreams of the Lebanese