From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The Supreme Administrative Court upheld a verdict that orders the cancellation of the parliamentary elections’ first round in El-Sahel district, Cairo.
The Supreme Administrative Court upheld on Monday a verdict that orders the cancelation of the parliamentary elections’ first round in El-Sahel district, Cairo, due to major violations.
Fifteen ballot boxes were missing while 75 more damaged, and thus the results do not reflect the will of the voters, according to the Supreme Administrative Court’s final judgment.
The verdict was returned yesterday after some candidates filed 27 complaints against the violations that took place in El-Sahel.
Candidates’ supporters intensively crowded in El-Sahel’s polling stations in the first round, which enabled some forgers to mess with the ballot boxes.
The elections’ first round, which took place on 28 and 29 November, are now to be repeated in the rundown district as the ruling is final and cannot be appealed against.
Previously, the Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) had appealed against the verdict, which was also rejected by the Supreme Committee for Elections as well.
The verdict means the ongoing runoffs of the first round in El-Sahel will be halted too.
[Developed in partnership with Ahram Online.]
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Erdogan, Turk milliyetciligi kartina oynuyor
- Maghreb Media Roundup (October 23)
- Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of Universities, Live Stream Event with Steven Salaita (27 October 2014 at GMU)
- On the BDS Blacklist
- أشباح سركون بولص
- ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص
- عن سركون بولص في ذكراه
- New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam http://t.co/AmeAB1qa56
yesterday at 8:30 PM
On the BDS Blacklist http://t.co/p6EKLEEBXg
yesterday at 1:23 PM
Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of Universities, Live Stream Event with Steven... http://t.co/GgjAHG3xzz
yesterday at 1:20 PM
yesterday at 12:24 PM
Maghreb Media Roundup (October 23) http://t.co/8rrzHq0Ljr
yesterday at 9:01 AM