From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Egypt's election committee on Monday lowered its turnout figure for the first stage of a parliamentary election, blaming a counting mistake that skewed numbers published last week.
"The accurate percentage of attendance in the first round was fifty-two percent, not sixty-two percent," Abdel Moez Ibrahim, head of the election body, told reporters.
He said members of the committee's secretariat made the error, adding that he "was very tired" when he gave initial figures at a news conference last week.
[Developed in Partnership with Ahram Online.]
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"We make a mistake if we accept the view that states are fighting terrorism, since we have abundant evidence for accepting the idea of state terrorism, and what is most urgent is to track and expose how state terrorism operates under the rubric of “democracy.”"click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- مدن الحداثة
- Palestine Media Roundup (September 23– 30)
- The Palestine Exception to Free Speech: A Movement Under Attack in the US
- خمسة أسئلة عن التنوع البيبليوغرافي
- DARS Media Roundup (September 2015)
- LCPS Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Ziad Abu-Rish on Electricity in Early Independence Lebanon
- NPR's 'Here and Now' Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Rosie Bsheer About Redevelopment in Mecca
- Cities Media Roundup (September 2015)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (September 30)
- Exploring an Agenda for Active Citizenship: Selected Conference Presentations from STATUS/الوضع
- مهرجان واشنطن العاصمة للسينما والفنون الفلسطينية في دورته الخامسة
- New Texts Out Now: ABE Journal: Architecture Beyond Europe
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (September 29)
- What Do We Talk About When We Talk About Political Economy?
- The Arab Center for Architecture (ACA): Interview with George Arbid
- The Ongoing, Steady Gains of Morocco's Islamist Party
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 21-27)
- Roznama 4: A Competition for Upcoming Egyptian Artists
- Reimagining the University in a Time of Crisis – Every Campus a Refuge Campaign
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 28)