From the Editors
Jadaliyya Articles by Co-Editors Anthony Alessandrini and Maya Mikdashi Nominated for Award - Vote Now!
We are very excited that both Jadaliyya Co-Editors Anthony Alessandrini's article, "Palestine in Scare Quotes: From the NYT Grammar Book," and Maya Mikdashi's article, "The Marriage of Sexism and Islamophobia: Remaking the News on Egypt," have been nominated for the Three Quarks Daily Prize in Politics and Social Science.
Show your support of Anthony Alessandrini and Maya Mikdashi's pieces as well as Jadaliyya by participating in the public voting for "Best Blog or E-zine Writing on Politics and Social Science." Public voting will narrow the list of nominees down to the top-twenty, from which the editors of Three Quarks Daily will select the top-six. The top-three finalists will be selected by guest judge Stephen Walt.
To participate and cast your vote, click here, select the entry entitled "Jadaliyya: Palestine in Scare Quotes: From the NYT Grammar Book" or "Jadaliyya: The Marriage of Sexism and Islamaphobia: Remaking the News on Egypt" anc click the "vote" button.
The deadline for public voting ends on Saturday, December 10, at 11:59pm EST.
Vote early and spread the word!
Update (12 December):
After being voted into the top twenty by popular vote, Maya Midashi's article, "The Marriage of Sexism and Islamophobia: Remaking the News in Egypt," has been selected as one of 9 finalists. The final top three will be annouced by Three Quarks Daily on 19 December, 2011, the selection of which will be made by Stephen Walt.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
“To target this innermost vertebra of the separation policy at Qalandia is to target the occupation at its weakest, and therefore, its most vulnerable link.”click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Al Jazeera Management Orders Joseph Massad Article Pulled in an Act of Pro-Israel Censorship
- سعادت حسن منتو: قصة قصيرة
- Reports Roundup (May 18)
- Injuries, Arrests and House Raids: The Case of a Bahraini Family
- الليبرالية الفلسطينية أمام القضاء الإسرائيلي
- ما هي النكبة؟
- Academic Freedom and the Middle East: A Handbook for Teaching and Research
- Syria's Inglorious Basterd
- Maghreb Media Roundup (May 17)
- Buckling to Bigotry: The Newseum Dishonors Murdered Palestinian Journalists
- كتب: أطفال الندى
- Statement of the Arab and Middle East Journalists Association in Reference to Newseum Scandal
- New Texts Out Now: Maya Mikdashi, What is Settler Colonialism? and Sherene Seikaly, Return to the Present
- On the Margins Roundup (May)
- On the American Association of University Professors' Opposition to Academic Boycotts
- The Palestinian Museum: An Agent Of Empowerment And Integration For Palestinians
- An Ongoing Displacement: The Forced Exile of the Palestinians
- Syria Media Roundup (May 16)
- The Ongoing Nakba: The Forcible Displacement of the Palestinian People
- Nakba 2013: The Palestinian Youth Movement Commemorates 65 Years of Al Nakba (Introduction)