From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jadaliyya needs captivating photographs of the Arab world.
As a primarily volunteer ezine, Jadaliyya depends on the solidarity and generosity of friends and supporters.
We need your help now!
Tens of thousands of unique viewers a month will see your work if you choose to let us display your photos under a Creative Commons license. Your name and bio will appear on the Contributors Page with a link to your website or photo feed. Whenever a photo of yours is used it will be credited to you, with your name linked to your profile on the Contributors Page. Occasionally, we may ask to use especially compelling photos in a featured photo essay.
We agree to never share your photos with third parties, and to ask for permission for any usage beyond the Jadaliyya website. You always retain copyright.
Send medium resolution photos (no larger than 500px on one side) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information on how you would like to be credited (your full name and a web address).
You must also include caption information with photos: who, what, when, and where.
We are looking for all sorts of photos of the Arab world, such as:
- Elections, campaigning
- Daily life
- Work, workers, workplaces
- Social issues
- Activism, protests, organizing
- Urban and rural landscapes
- Art, artists, authors
- Environmental issues
Jadaliyya (Photo) Editors
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“Conspicuously absent from both maps is the Palestinian experience of public transportation within the West Bank, where hundreds of checkpoints and other obstacles subject Palestinians to delays, detours and arbitrary closures.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- أوراق من الشعر الليبي: ملف خاص
- القصيدة العابرة للقلق
- Photography Media Roundup (February 5)
- Palestine Media Roundup (January 28 – February 3)
- المجتمع المدني في الخليج العربي: الواقع والاحتمالات. مقابلة للوضع بين انور الرشيد وفاتح عزام
- الحبّ هو الذي يحرّرنا
- Cities Media Roundup (January 2016)
- DARS Media Roundup (January 2016)
- New Texts Out Now: Mike de Seve and Daniel Burwen, Operation Ajax: The Story of the CIA Coup that Remade the Middle East
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 2)
- Syria Media Roundup (February 3)
- Turkey Media Roundup (February 2)
- حوارٌ مع الشَّاعر الإيطالي ميلو دي آنجِلِس
- الحرب على ذاكرة الحداثة: داعش مثالاً
- Emergencies of Peace: The Exceptional State of (Academic) Affairs in Contemporary Turkey
- Empty Tahrir
- Protests in Tunisia: An Interview with Nadia Marzouki
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 1)
- Lebanon Media Roundup (January 2016)