From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Martin Chulov has been the Baghdad correspondent for the Guardian of London. He has been covering the Middle East since 2005.
In this interview, Chulov discusses the situation on the ground in Iraq as the last of the American soldiers complete their withdrawal. The end of the war leaves a country with a tense atmosphere, a fearful populace, and barely-functioning state institutions.
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's agenda is uncertain, and his recent issuance of an arrest warrant for Vice President Tariq al-Hashmi on terrorism accusations has outraged many Sunnis and risks fanning the flames of sectarian tensions. Chulov offers a stark assessment of the challenges that the country faces in the months and years ahead.
[Developed in partnership between VOMENA and Jadaliyya]
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"People live non-normative sexualities in every corner of the city and the country, on the streets, with those furtive or bold glances taking place while passing one another.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 17 آذار
- المنظمات الأهلية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع طارق دعنا
- Text of Resignation Letter by ESCWA Executive Secretary Rima Khalaf
- MESA Membership Passes Bylaw Amendment Removing 'Non-Political' Clause and Affirming 501(c)3 Status
- UN Report Establishes Israeli Apartheid; Fallout Begins
- Between Slow and Sudden Death in Turkey
- Call for Action: Solidarity with Purged Academics for Peace in Turkey