From the Editors
Revolution Youth Coalition and the We Are All Khaled Said Facebook group plan presidential election on anniversary of revolution, reject SCAF's 'lies' about Tahrir violence.
The Revolution Youth Coalition and the 'We Are All Khaled Said' Facebook group held a press conference on Tuesday to dispute the ruling military council’s (SCAF) "lies" about the recent violence in Tahrir Square, and declare they had adopted a widely circulated initiative to elect a new president on 25 January – straight after parliamentary elections – to take power from the military.
The military’s attacks against protesters in Tahrir Square, which have left at least thirteen dead and hundreds injured since 16 December, have provoked widespread outrage and triggered many political groups and parties to demand an immediate handover of power.
Two different press conferences were held on Tuesday to deny what they described as “SCAF's lies” about the violence.
Two demonstrations are also planned for Tuesday: one called for by newly elected parliamentarians, and another by women against the targeted harassment and torture of female protesters.
[Developed in partnership with Ahram Online.]
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"It is hard to speculate on what Ennahda would do in power, but it is important to stress that speculation itself might be part of the problem."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 25-31)
- On SJP’s Freedom to Organize: An Open Letter from CUNY Faculty
- New Texts (NEWTON) Compilation by Category For Fall Semester
- One Century after World War I and the Balfour Declaration: Palestine and Palestine Studies
- Italian-Palestinian Relations: What Went Wrong?
- From Containment to Counterinsurgency in the Gaza Strip
- Sharing the Nile Waters According to Needs
- After The Ceasefire: Searching for Accountability
- Cities Media Roundup (August 1-30)
- Message From Human Rights Defender Maryam al-Khawaja
- Beard Phobia
- نفس الكتاب".. جرحٌ تعجز الكتابة عن لَأْمِه"
- On the Margins Roundup (August)
- Prominent Human Rights Lawyer Ahmed Seif al-Islam Dies
- An Open Letter
- New Texts Out Now: Erin Runions, The Babylon Complex: Theopolitical Fantasies of War, Sex, and Sovereignty
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 26)
- الخطر السياسي القادم ما بعد العدوان على غزة
- ملف من الأرشيف: محمد شكري
- Syria Media Roundup (August 15)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 25-31) http://t.co/hHrD9k6F9m
10 hours ago
New Texts (NEWTON) Compilation By Category For Fall Semester http://t.co/Ij3oWHUcW4
10 hours ago
On SJP’s Freedom to Organize: An Open Letter from CUNY Faculty http://t.co/EUKyx5oFGW
10 hours ago
RT @ziadaburish: Great breakdown of stakes/logistics of #ADL recruiting student leaders via free trips to #Israel http://t.co/jzk0XUBygb @M…
yesterday at 12:23 PM
One Century after World War I and the Balfour Declaration: Palestine and Palestine Studies http://t.co/lQkOImFM5n
yesterday at 6:00 AM