From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Revolution Youth Coalition and the We Are All Khaled Said Facebook group plan presidential election on anniversary of revolution, reject SCAF's 'lies' about Tahrir violence.
The Revolution Youth Coalition and the 'We Are All Khaled Said' Facebook group held a press conference on Tuesday to dispute the ruling military council’s (SCAF) "lies" about the recent violence in Tahrir Square, and declare they had adopted a widely circulated initiative to elect a new president on 25 January – straight after parliamentary elections – to take power from the military.
The military’s attacks against protesters in Tahrir Square, which have left at least thirteen dead and hundreds injured since 16 December, have provoked widespread outrage and triggered many political groups and parties to demand an immediate handover of power.
Two different press conferences were held on Tuesday to deny what they described as “SCAF's lies” about the violence.
Two demonstrations are also planned for Tuesday: one called for by newly elected parliamentarians, and another by women against the targeted harassment and torture of female protesters.
[Developed in partnership with Ahram Online.]
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Why is NATO conducting an aerial campaign in Libya that is low-key not only in comparison with the air component of the war to grab similarly oil-rich Iraq, but even compared to the air war for economically unimportant Kosovo?click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
- Liberalizmin tasfiyesi ve Ortadogu'da alacakaranlik
- جدلية في عامها الرابع
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (George Mason University, 20 October 2014)
- Is the Center for Jewish Life Stifling Free Speech on Campus?
- Hassan Khan in Conversation with Mohamed Abdelkarim
- In Memory of Suphi Nejat Agirnasli
- إشكالية المجتمع المدني في المغرب
- Press Release: Saudi Death Sentence against Shia Leader Is Politically Motivated
- الانحناء على جثة عمّان
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
LA Event: Spotlight on Egypt (23 October 2014) http://t.co/2r1x5vB2Ub
10 hours ago
Turkey Media Roundup (October 21) http://t.co/RqXX3Lp8Fw
10 hours ago
O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October) http://t.co/yHjEnz9kJH
10 hours ago
محمد العربي: ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الاسلام والمستقبل http://t.co/tUHw4tqR4h
11 hours ago
Check out 'StatusHour' live on Ustream! http://t.co/6NtRo46NzG
yesterday at 1:40 PM