From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Revolution Youth Coalition and the We Are All Khaled Said Facebook group plan presidential election on anniversary of revolution, reject SCAF's 'lies' about Tahrir violence.
The Revolution Youth Coalition and the 'We Are All Khaled Said' Facebook group held a press conference on Tuesday to dispute the ruling military council’s (SCAF) "lies" about the recent violence in Tahrir Square, and declare they had adopted a widely circulated initiative to elect a new president on 25 January – straight after parliamentary elections – to take power from the military.
The military’s attacks against protesters in Tahrir Square, which have left at least thirteen dead and hundreds injured since 16 December, have provoked widespread outrage and triggered many political groups and parties to demand an immediate handover of power.
Two different press conferences were held on Tuesday to deny what they described as “SCAF's lies” about the violence.
Two demonstrations are also planned for Tuesday: one called for by newly elected parliamentarians, and another by women against the targeted harassment and torture of female protesters.
[Developed in partnership with Ahram Online.]
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“How can critical Jewish voices dismantle the opposition's claims while simultaneously working to dismantle the very paradigm that grants them the privilege to do so? “click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- بعد خمس سنوات من ثورة تونس: هل تسقط الدّولة؟
- What is Political Economy?: The Inaugural Political Economy Project Workshop (Part 2) - from Status/الوضع Panels
- اتفاقية باريس: أهم ملامحها ومدى تأثيرها على تغير المناخ في العالم
- Syria Media Roundup (February 12)
- New Texts Out Now: Ward Vloeberghs, Architecture, Power, and Religion in Lebanon
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 10)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 10)
- من النفايات إلى النظام: الصلات والانقطاعات
- دفتر خفيف
- (Auto)-Mobility in the Global Middle East
- What is Political Economy?: The Inaugural Political Economy Project Workshop (Part 1) - from Status/الوضع Panels
- Turkey Media Roundup (February 9)
- Call for Applicants--Doctoral Dissertation Summer Workshop: Researching Lebanon
- البنك الدولي، تلاعب و تزوير من أجل تحرير الاستثمار
- إسرائيل في القدس الشرقية: من الحسم الجغرافي إلى الحسم الديموغرافي
- فلامنجو البنت الغريبة
- Speaking Truth to Power: A Panel on Academic Freedoms and the War Against Kurds in Turkey (17 February, CUNY Graduate Center, New York)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 8)