From the Editors
Revolution Youth Coalition and the We Are All Khaled Said Facebook group plan presidential election on anniversary of revolution, reject SCAF's 'lies' about Tahrir violence.
The Revolution Youth Coalition and the 'We Are All Khaled Said' Facebook group held a press conference on Tuesday to dispute the ruling military council’s (SCAF) "lies" about the recent violence in Tahrir Square, and declare they had adopted a widely circulated initiative to elect a new president on 25 January – straight after parliamentary elections – to take power from the military.
The military’s attacks against protesters in Tahrir Square, which have left at least thirteen dead and hundreds injured since 16 December, have provoked widespread outrage and triggered many political groups and parties to demand an immediate handover of power.
Two different press conferences were held on Tuesday to deny what they described as “SCAF's lies” about the violence.
Two demonstrations are also planned for Tuesday: one called for by newly elected parliamentarians, and another by women against the targeted harassment and torture of female protesters.
[Developed in partnership with Ahram Online.]
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
The long shadow cast by colonial concepts of emergency continues to envelop western legality and post-colonial nation states.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- The Economic Challenges of the Gaza War: Relief and Reconstruction but No Palestinian Development
- Zionism, BDS, and American Muslim Leadership
- Iranian Intellectuals, Artists and Social Activists' Statement on the Recent Conflict in Palestine
- Racism is the Foundation of Israel's Operation Protective Edge
- Arab Studies Journal Call for Papers: "Wayn al-Dawleh?" In Search of the Lebanese State
- CNN Discusses the Palestinian Perspective with Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani
- New Texts Out Now: Muriam Haleh Davis, The Afterlives of the Algerian Revolution
- Once Again on Caesarism: Continuing the Debate with Joel Beinin
- Malak Helmy: Lost Referents of Some Attraction
- The FBI’s War on Fake Terrorism
- فصل من رواية نوكيا
- A City-Sized Prison-House
- Turkey Media Roundup (July 29)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 29)
- Cities Media Roundup (July 1-28)
- Isolating Gaza
- العراق: خطاب التقسيم والأقلمة
- Joint Declaration by International Law Experts on Israel’s Gaza Offensive
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 28)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 21-27)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Zionism, BDS, and American Muslim Leadership http://t.co/YKsNKRSYSl
10 hours ago
Iranian Intellectuals, Artists and Social Activists' Statement on the Recent Conflict in Palestine http://t.co/n0SLRlzuF2
10 hours ago
The Economic Challenges of the Gaza War: Relief and Reconstruction but No Palestinian Development http://t.co/OS5FfCq8BO
yesterday at 1:21 PM
Iranian Intellectuals, Artists and Social Activists' Statement on the Recent Conflict in Palestine http://t.co/xXMifiaR3Z
yesterday at 1:10 PM
Zionism, BDS, and American Muslim Leadership http://t.co/EMxrq8Ud2L
yesterday at 1:01 PM