From the Editors
The National Association for Change (NAC) has called on all Egyptians to demonstrate in Tahrir Square and in different parts of the country protesting the “crime committed near the Cabinet by the military”, referring to violence against women specifically in the recent attack on Tahrir Square.
The NAC’s statement called on all Egyptians to march peacefully to “regain Egypt’s honour”. The statement emphasised the important role women played in the January 25 Revolution, adding that in return women’s rights have been ignored since the revolution and undermined by the military council and Islamist parties.
The statement called for mass demonstrations to condemn “the brutal crime committed against Egypt’s most noble women” adding that the revolution, which held to the slogan “Hold your head up high, you are Egyptian,” will no longer accept that an Egyptian woman or man is insulted.
[Developed in partnership with Ahram Online.]
From Jadaliyya Editors:
For more on Egypt Elections Watch (EEW) entries by category, click on the following links:
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
"Turkey’s Kurdish question is becoming inextricably linked to dynamics on the other side of an increasingly blurred border, where more autonomy for the Syrian Kurds would spur Turkey’s own twenty million Kurds to up the ante in the negotiations."click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Iraqi Authorities Turn Their Sights on Journalists http://t.co/aChswfVyxN
yesterday at 11:23 AM
Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 15) http://t.co/amJYoopXER
yesterday at 9:49 AM
Turkey Media Roundup (April 15) http://t.co/Uy16dqzCL6
yesterday at 6:39 AM
yesterday at 10:41 AM
Egypt Media Roundup (April 14) http://t.co/JFY21bV8QB
yesterday at 10:37 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 15)
- The Strands of the Military Opposition in Syria: An Interview with Yasser Munif (Part 2)
- Adunis, Mistranslated (Part One)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya April (7-13)
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 14)
- Tartus in the Present Crisis: A Mirror of the Syrian Regime
- Good Faith or Good Tactics? How Some Anti-Divestment Groups Manipulate Public Discourse and Smear SJP
- بيروت.. أول مرّة
- Devletlesen AKP, Degismeyen Devlet?
- Reports Roundup (April 12)
- قصائد رلى الجردي
- O.I.L. Monthly Edition (March 2014)
- Teaching Arabic in the US after 9/11
- Les visages urbains d'un autre Téhéran. Perspectives comparatives sur la mégapole iranienne.
- قديسون وانتحاريون
- Violence Lointaine
- مآلات النزف البطيء: وداعاً سورية دولة مركزية
- ماذا فعلت «حماس» بالمناهج؟