From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The National Association for Change (NAC) has called on all Egyptians to demonstrate in Tahrir Square and in different parts of the country protesting the “crime committed near the Cabinet by the military”, referring to violence against women specifically in the recent attack on Tahrir Square.
The NAC’s statement called on all Egyptians to march peacefully to “regain Egypt’s honour”. The statement emphasised the important role women played in the January 25 Revolution, adding that in return women’s rights have been ignored since the revolution and undermined by the military council and Islamist parties.
The statement called for mass demonstrations to condemn “the brutal crime committed against Egypt’s most noble women” adding that the revolution, which held to the slogan “Hold your head up high, you are Egyptian,” will no longer accept that an Egyptian woman or man is insulted.
[Developed in partnership with Ahram Online.]
From Jadaliyya Editors:
For more on Egypt Elections Watch (EEW) entries by category, click on the following links:
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“Just imagine, for instance, activists descending on Qalandia from all corners of Palestine to protest an end to the occupation.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Turkey Media Roundup (September 1)
- The Moroccan Non-Exception: A Conversation with Ahmed Marzouki, Former Tazmamart Detainee
- The Moroccan Non-Exception: Roundtable Introduction
- Syria Media Roundup (August 31)
- Trade Unions and Dictatorship in Egypt
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 31)
- Turkey’s Three-Front War?
- ستاتوس\ الوضع: صدور العدد 2.2
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 24-30)
- Cities Media Roundup (August 2015)
- Israel’s Defeat on the Iran Deal
- Lebanon: What Do You Mean There Is No State?
- Beirut Revolt: What Is to be Done?
- Quick Thoughts: Moe Ali Nayel on Lebanon’s Garbage Crisis and Protest Movement
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Vangelis Kehriyotis anisina
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.2 is Live!
- Lebanon, August 2015: Notes on Paralysis, Protests, and Hope
- في تعاقب المنافي، ستحملنا الريح إلى الوطن
- New Texts Out Now: Gary Wilder, Freedom Time: Negritude, Decolonization, and the Future of the World