From the Editors
The National Association for Change (NAC) has called on all Egyptians to demonstrate in Tahrir Square and in different parts of the country protesting the “crime committed near the Cabinet by the military”, referring to violence against women specifically in the recent attack on Tahrir Square.
The NAC’s statement called on all Egyptians to march peacefully to “regain Egypt’s honour”. The statement emphasised the important role women played in the January 25 Revolution, adding that in return women’s rights have been ignored since the revolution and undermined by the military council and Islamist parties.
The statement called for mass demonstrations to condemn “the brutal crime committed against Egypt’s most noble women” adding that the revolution, which held to the slogan “Hold your head up high, you are Egyptian,” will no longer accept that an Egyptian woman or man is insulted.
[Developed in partnership with Ahram Online.]
From Jadaliyya Editors:
For more on Egypt Elections Watch (EEW) entries by category, click on the following links:
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Despite the depressing descent of the region into violence during the last century, people have not ceased to fight for justice. They are not doomed to dictatorship and despair by their culture or their religion, as the old Orientalists argued."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 26)
- الخطر السياسي القادم ما بعد العدوان على غزة
- ملف من الأرشيف: محمد شكري
- Syria Media Roundup (August 15)
- Antisemitism and Salaita
- Israel's "Operation Status Quo": A Preliminary Assessment
- Who Are the Insurgents and Counterinsurgents?
- Support for Steven Salaita and the UIUC Boycott Continues to Grow
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 18-24)
- لا تقصص رؤياك
- Badr Shakir Al-Sayyab: A Profile from the Archives
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 August)
- منام الطفل السنجاريّ
- Gauging the July-August 2014 Gaza War
- Gaza and the Palestinian Struggle for Statehood
- Gaza's Resistance: RT interviews Daniel Calic, Norman Finkelstein, and Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani
- Why the Gaza Truce Failed
- One Year after Raba'a: An Interview with Adam Sabra and Mona El Ghobashy
- Studio Visit with Doa Aly
- An Excerpt from Sinan Antoon's "Ave Maria"
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Full text of UN Study: approaching 200,000 killed in Syria. http://t.co/nwyvepbK58
yesterday at 10:52 AM
ملف من الأرشيف: محمد شكري http://t.co/iL5y2eENmV
yesterday at 8:23 AM
ملف من الأرشيف: محمد شكري http://t.co/vRngwalpbI
yesterday at 8:20 AM
Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 26) http://t.co/4EafJqXvb0
yesterday at 8:15 AM
[يا سلام] BBC News - Syria will help US fight terrorism, says Walid Muallem http://t.co/nAezvctvfm
yesterday at 8:04 AM