From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The following is a video of a flash mob mobilizing for the boycott of AHAVA and SodaStream at a Bed Bath and Beyond store in Marin County, California.
Music by Jane Jewell and Sue Blackwell.
Ode to Boycott
Israel, end your occupation,
There's no peace on stolen land;
We'll sing out for liberation,
'Till you hear and understand.
Ethnic cleansing and apartheid
Should belong to history,
Human rights should not be silenced,
Palestine will soon be free!
All this Dead Sea mud is stolen
From the Palestinian's land,
Beauty products by Ahava,
All of them should now be banned.
Soda Stream is made in factories,
That should never have been built,
Bed Bath and Beyond's exposed now,
We won't let you hide your guilt!
Ahava's made on stolen land
And so is Soda Stream, as well,
Palestinians lose their farmland,
Families' lives are turned to hell.
Both these products -- stolen products --
Violate international law,
Bed Bath and Beyond we charge you,
Kick these products out your store.
3 comments for "Flashmob: Brides Boycott Ahava and SodaStream at Bed Bath and Beyond (Video)"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“In the United States, settler colonialism has been so complete, and so successful, that the world has forgotten that South Africa, Australia and Israel are all reproductions, all approximations of the ongoing victory back home.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- New Texts Out Now: Raymond Hinnebusch, From Arab Spring to Arab Winter: Explaining the Limits of Post-Uprising Democratization
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 28)
- Turkey Media Roundup (July 28)
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 27)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 20-26)
- Daoud’s Camus Fanfiction Is More of the Same
- تدمر، واحة للظلام
- Gay Hanging in Iran: Atrocities and Impersonations
- Quick Thoughts: John Reynolds on Recent Amendments to the Israeli Penal Code
- لا بشرٌ ولاحجر... تدمر وسرديات الحرب على الآثار
- Boycotting Israeli Academic Institutions: Advice for Anthropologists
- خلافـــــة الرئيـــس
- New Texts Out Now: Ali Issa, Against All Odds: Voices of Popular Struggle in Iraq
- New Texts Out Now: Franck Mermier, Récits de villes: d’Aden à Beyrouth
- Maghreb Media Roundup (July 22)
- Attacks against Solidarity with Kobane: The Suruç Massacre of Young Revolutionaries
- Why are LGBT Equality Organizations Joining Forces with Israel Advocacy Groups?
- Has Amnesty International Lost Its Way? A Forensic Analysis of Amnesty’s Reports on Operation Protective Edge (Part 1)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 21)
- Turkey Media Roundup (July 21)