From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
In this Al Jazeera English interview, Jadaliyya Co-Editor Bassam Haddad addresses the impending United Nations (UN) Security Council vote regarding Syria. He posits that the Syrian revolution is undergoing a transformation "from a legitimate domestic fight against dictatorship to someting far more cynical" that involves efforts to redraw the map of the region. Thus, "diplomatic" efforts should not be taken at face value.
The Transformation of the Syrian Revolution: AJE Interview with Bassam Haddad from Jadaliyya on Vimeo. In this interview, Jadaliyya Co-Editor discusses the impending UN vote intended to sanction Syria.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“If imperialism is the driving force of neoliberalism, based on plundering national wealth for the interest of a small group of citizens and a handful of large companies, then the Syrian regime is guilty of this sin...”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Jadaliyya Launches New Palestine Page
- Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism: Profiting Israel, Entrenching the Blockade
- Gaza One Year On: The Crisis Never Ended
- The Limits of Humanitarianism
- Rebuilding Gaza Needs Freedom and Normality – Not Just Aid
- Palestinian Refugees Deserve to Live in Dignity
- Quick Thoughts: Nathan Thrall on the Gaza Strip One Year After Israel’s Operation Protective Edge
- Arab Film on Israeli Television: An Interview with Eyal Sagui Bizawe
- Permission to Kill in Gaza
- Jadaliyya Launches Law and Conflict Page (Formerly O.I.L.: Occupation, Intervention, Law)
- New Texts Out Now: Nicola Perugini and Neve Gordon, The Human Right to Dominate
- How To Not Know about the CIA’s Targeted Killing Program
- New Texts Out Now: Wolfgang Kaleck, Double Standards: International Criminal Law and the West
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 6)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (June 29- July 5)
- 'I must save my life and not risk my family’s safety!': Untold Stories of Syrian Women Surviving War (Part 2)
- Will the Greferendum Bring A Rupture?: Answers from the European Left
- Against Terror, No Way Forward Without Respect for Human Rights
- المال ليس كل شيء: إعادة النظر في الاقتصاد العسكري في مصر
- The Land of Fear and Oppression