From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
On Tuesday, 28 February 2012, Students for Justice in Palestine at UCLA organized a Gaza memorial as part of its annual Palestine Awareness Week. In response, Bruins for Israel and StandWithUs invited IDF soldiers to campus to present a whitewashed version of the IDF's actions in Operation Cast Lead, the 2008-2009 assault on the Gaza Strip which resulted in over 1,400 casualties and, to date, no accountability for documented war crimes and possible crimes against humanity. SJP at UCLA and several campus allies organized a walkout in protest of the continuing lack of justice for the victims of the IDF during Cast Lead. Because it is not held to account for its violations of international law and human rights, the IDF is not welcome at UCLA.
We chose not to include footage of the man shouting at us, "You all look like terrorists!"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"That this election is proceeding in a context of wide-scale arrest, prosecution, imprisonment and even murder of political dissidents leaves little doubt that this vote is devoid of democratic merits."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- أوراق من الشعر الليبي: ملف خاص
- القصيدة العابرة للقلق
- Photography Media Roundup (February 5)
- Palestine Media Roundup (January 28 – February 3)
- المجتمع المدني في الخليج العربي: الواقع والاحتمالات. مقابلة للوضع بين انور الرشيد وفاتح عزام
- الحبّ هو الذي يحرّرنا
- Cities Media Roundup (January 2016)
- DARS Media Roundup (January 2016)
- New Texts Out Now: Mike de Seve and Daniel Burwen, Operation Ajax: The Story of the CIA Coup that Remade the Middle East
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 2)
- Syria Media Roundup (February 3)
- Turkey Media Roundup (February 2)
- حوارٌ مع الشَّاعر الإيطالي ميلو دي آنجِلِس
- الحرب على ذاكرة الحداثة: داعش مثالاً
- Emergencies of Peace: The Exceptional State of (Academic) Affairs in Contemporary Turkey
- Empty Tahrir
- Protests in Tunisia: An Interview with Nadia Marzouki
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 1)
- Lebanon Media Roundup (January 2016)