From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
“The Doves of Damascus” spotlight on the people working for change from inside Syria
“Syria Today: Daily News Brief” A locally produced news roundup on Syria
“Syrian activist: its snowing and we’re shaking here” Andy Carvin’s interview with a Homs-based activist
“Syria notebooks” an earlier detailed reportage piece from Homs now posted on the London Review of Books website, accessible with a free subscription
“How I understand the Syrian revolution” Malik Al-Abdeh’s sectarian, and somewhat confused, take on the revolution
"3OpSyria S04E02 : The Iron Strike investigation, now open for fun and profit" how US and European ICT companies helped the Syrian regime
كيف تدعو السعودية وقطر للديمقراطية؟!
السفير: قطر لم تألف يوماً تجارب ديمقراطية ولكن دورها الرئيسي أتى بغياب مصر والجزائر والسعودية والمغرب
من العربي الغاضب: المؤامرة ليست كما نعتقد
A case against foreign military intervention.
Why the referendum on a new draft constitution in Syria is too little, and too late.
The history of the Syrian opposition's willingness to seek foreign assistance in order to push its agenda.
The author offers his account of the most important issues to keep in mind during the transitional period in Syria.
Recent Jadaliyya Articles on Syria:
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The Turkish state has opted for erecting more barriers in the way of democratic participation and just representation, by subtly institutionalizing Turkey’s cultural inequalities... [and] declared once again that the real owners of this state are Muslim Turks"click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Sinai: War in a Distant Province
- A Shift in Turkey's Foreign Policy? An Interview with Osman Shahin
- Cities Media Roundup (July 2015)
- New Texts Out Now: Raymond Hinnebusch, From Arab Spring to Arab Winter: Explaining the Limits of Post-Uprising Democratization
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (July 28)
- Turkey Media Roundup (July 28)
- Egypt Media Roundup (July 27)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (July 20-26)
- Daoud’s Camus Fanfiction Is More of the Same
- تدمر، واحة للظلام
- Gay Hanging in Iran: Atrocities and Impersonations
- Quick Thoughts: John Reynolds on Recent Amendments to the Israeli Penal Code
- لا بشرٌ ولاحجر... تدمر وسرديات الحرب على الآثار
- Boycotting Israeli Academic Institutions: Advice for Anthropologists
- خلافـــــة الرئيـــس
- New Texts Out Now: Ali Issa, Against All Odds: Voices of Popular Struggle in Iraq
- New Texts Out Now: Franck Mermier, Récits de villes: d’Aden à Beyrouth
- Maghreb Media Roundup (July 22)
- Attacks against Solidarity with Kobane: The Suruç Massacre of Young Revolutionaries
- Why are LGBT Equality Organizations Joining Forces with Israel Advocacy Groups?