From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
“The Doves of Damascus” spotlight on the people working for change from inside Syria
“Syria Today: Daily News Brief” A locally produced news roundup on Syria
“Syrian activist: its snowing and we’re shaking here” Andy Carvin’s interview with a Homs-based activist
“Syria notebooks” an earlier detailed reportage piece from Homs now posted on the London Review of Books website, accessible with a free subscription
“How I understand the Syrian revolution” Malik Al-Abdeh’s sectarian, and somewhat confused, take on the revolution
"3OpSyria S04E02 : The Iron Strike investigation, now open for fun and profit" how US and European ICT companies helped the Syrian regime
كيف تدعو السعودية وقطر للديمقراطية؟!
السفير: قطر لم تألف يوماً تجارب ديمقراطية ولكن دورها الرئيسي أتى بغياب مصر والجزائر والسعودية والمغرب
من العربي الغاضب: المؤامرة ليست كما نعتقد
A case against foreign military intervention.
Why the referendum on a new draft constitution in Syria is too little, and too late.
The history of the Syrian opposition's willingness to seek foreign assistance in order to push its agenda.
The author offers his account of the most important issues to keep in mind during the transitional period in Syria.
Recent Jadaliyya Articles on Syria:
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"One wonders if Bahraini women who have been detained, beaten, sexually abused, will be left marooned in private, individual suffering."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Migrant States, Mobile Economies: Rethinking the Political in Contemporary Turkey (GMU Event)
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 5)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 5)
- Netanyahu at the UN: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Interview by Al-Jazeera America
- A Portrait of Moustafa Fathi
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 28- October 4)
- On the Margins Roundup (October)
- De-dramatizing Algerian Politics
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (September 2015)
- مدن الحداثة
- Palestine Media Roundup (September 23– 30)
- The Palestine Exception to Free Speech: A Movement Under Attack in the US
- خمسة أسئلة عن التنوع البيبليوغرافي
- DARS Media Roundup (September 2015)
- LCPS Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Ziad Abu-Rish on Electricity in Early Independence Lebanon
- NPR's 'Here and Now' Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Rosie Bsheer About Redevelopment in Mecca
- Cities Media Roundup (September 2015)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (September 30)
- Exploring an Agenda for Active Citizenship: Selected Conference Presentations from STATUS/الوضع
- مهرجان واشنطن العاصمة للسينما والفنون الفلسطينية في دورته الخامسة