From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
“The Doves of Damascus” spotlight on the people working for change from inside Syria
“Syria Today: Daily News Brief” A locally produced news roundup on Syria
“Syrian activist: its snowing and we’re shaking here” Andy Carvin’s interview with a Homs-based activist
“Syria notebooks” an earlier detailed reportage piece from Homs now posted on the London Review of Books website, accessible with a free subscription
“How I understand the Syrian revolution” Malik Al-Abdeh’s sectarian, and somewhat confused, take on the revolution
"3OpSyria S04E02 : The Iron Strike investigation, now open for fun and profit" how US and European ICT companies helped the Syrian regime
كيف تدعو السعودية وقطر للديمقراطية؟!
السفير: قطر لم تألف يوماً تجارب ديمقراطية ولكن دورها الرئيسي أتى بغياب مصر والجزائر والسعودية والمغرب
من العربي الغاضب: المؤامرة ليست كما نعتقد
A case against foreign military intervention.
Why the referendum on a new draft constitution in Syria is too little, and too late.
The history of the Syrian opposition's willingness to seek foreign assistance in order to push its agenda.
The author offers his account of the most important issues to keep in mind during the transitional period in Syria.
Recent Jadaliyya Articles on Syria:
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"There is no negative relationship between production and demonstrations. Demonstrations happen and so does production. All developed countries have protests."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Four Years On: No Easy Answers in Syria (Part II)
- Beyond Romanticism: Scribbles Then and Now: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Wael Attili and Adel Iskandar
- Highlights from Sharjah Biennial 12 Open Week
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (January-February 2014)
- In Need of Aid but Hungry for Peace
- Syria Media Roundup (March 23)
- Boris Brejcha at D-CAF
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (28 March)
- Illicit Sex in Ottoman and French Algeria: An Interview with Aurelie Perrier
- Harvard Event: Anthony Alessandrini on Fanonian Nonviolence: After the African Spring (6 April)
- Snapshot: Palestinian Spring
- Yemen at Crossroads: An Interview with Activist Hisham Al-Omeisy
- New Texts Out Now: Don Karl and Basma Hamdy, Walls of Freedom: Street Art of the Egyptian Revolution
- New Texts Out Now: Khalil Bendib, Too Big To Fail
- New Vision for 13th Festival of Young Creators
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 24)
- What is the Role of Academia in Political Change?: The Case of BDS and Israeli Violations of International Law - from STATUS/الوضع Panels
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 24)
- Boycott, Sovereign Anxieties, and the Decolonizing Temporality of Return: A Note on Adi Ophir’s Remarks on BDS
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 16-22)