From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
“The Doves of Damascus” spotlight on the people working for change from inside Syria
“Syria Today: Daily News Brief” A locally produced news roundup on Syria
“Syrian activist: its snowing and we’re shaking here” Andy Carvin’s interview with a Homs-based activist
“Syria notebooks” an earlier detailed reportage piece from Homs now posted on the London Review of Books website, accessible with a free subscription
“How I understand the Syrian revolution” Malik Al-Abdeh’s sectarian, and somewhat confused, take on the revolution
"3OpSyria S04E02 : The Iron Strike investigation, now open for fun and profit" how US and European ICT companies helped the Syrian regime
كيف تدعو السعودية وقطر للديمقراطية؟!
السفير: قطر لم تألف يوماً تجارب ديمقراطية ولكن دورها الرئيسي أتى بغياب مصر والجزائر والسعودية والمغرب
من العربي الغاضب: المؤامرة ليست كما نعتقد
A case against foreign military intervention.
Why the referendum on a new draft constitution in Syria is too little, and too late.
The history of the Syrian opposition's willingness to seek foreign assistance in order to push its agenda.
The author offers his account of the most important issues to keep in mind during the transitional period in Syria.
Recent Jadaliyya Articles on Syria:
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“The revolution” is no longer a signifier of a bygone era. It is a lived experience, a reality, and the present. The “revolution” has compelled many to claim and imitate it.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 20)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 13-19)
- Power, Sect, and State in Syria
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 19)
- Perspectives on the Immigration Ban: A Town Hall with GMU Faculty
- Palestine Media Roundup (February 18)
- اليأس كسلاح للاستبداد
- Remembering Husayn Muruwwah, the ‘Red Mujtahid’
- Six Years: Roundtable on Arab Uprisings
- The ‘Arab Spring’ Never Happened (in English)
- Why Space Matters in the Arab Uprisings (and Beyond)
- A Preface to A Critique of Instant Analysis and Scholarship on the Arab Uprisings
- Doubling Down: Jordan Six Years into the Arab Uprisings
- Specters of Palestine: Syrian Refugees in Lebanon
- Shadows of the Imperceptible: PhotoCairo6 (15 February - 23 March 2017)
- Media on Media Roundup (February 14)
- The Price of Love: Valentine’s Day in Egypt and Its Enemies
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 14)
- خطوات مرحة في شارع البهلوان