From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
“The Doves of Damascus” spotlight on the people working for change from inside Syria
“Syria Today: Daily News Brief” A locally produced news roundup on Syria
“Syrian activist: its snowing and we’re shaking here” Andy Carvin’s interview with a Homs-based activist
“Syria notebooks” an earlier detailed reportage piece from Homs now posted on the London Review of Books website, accessible with a free subscription
“How I understand the Syrian revolution” Malik Al-Abdeh’s sectarian, and somewhat confused, take on the revolution
"3OpSyria S04E02 : The Iron Strike investigation, now open for fun and profit" how US and European ICT companies helped the Syrian regime
كيف تدعو السعودية وقطر للديمقراطية؟!
السفير: قطر لم تألف يوماً تجارب ديمقراطية ولكن دورها الرئيسي أتى بغياب مصر والجزائر والسعودية والمغرب
من العربي الغاضب: المؤامرة ليست كما نعتقد
A case against foreign military intervention.
Why the referendum on a new draft constitution in Syria is too little, and too late.
The history of the Syrian opposition's willingness to seek foreign assistance in order to push its agenda.
The author offers his account of the most important issues to keep in mind during the transitional period in Syria.
Recent Jadaliyya Articles on Syria:
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (December 15-21)
- Roznama 3: Competition and Exhibition for Young Egyptian Artists
- Egypt Media Roundup (December 22)
- Requiem for Tunisia’s Revolution?
- The Shoebox Is on the Other Foot: Turkey's Year of Retaliation
- Maghreb Media Roundup (December 21)
- سجن النساء يجتاز اختبار بكدال ويتجاوزه
- Latin America’s Lesson for the United States: Prosecute the Torturers
- Hassan Khan: Taraban
- Soma, Ermenek, Yirca: Can Anti-Coal Activists Defend Coal Miners and Olive Farmers?
- Historical Realities of Concept Pop: Debating Art in Egypt
- New Texts Out Now: Isabelle Werenfels, Beyond Authoritarian Upgrading: The Re-Emergence of Sufi Orders in Maghrebi Politics
- Syria Media Roundup (December 16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (December 16)
- Turkey Media Roundup (December 16)
- Egypt Media Roundup (December 15)
- Aloha Aina: Notes From The Struggle in Hawai’i
- The Politics of "Unveiling Saudi Women": Between Postcolonial Fantasies and the Surveillance State
- The Islamic State: The Fear of Decline?
- ملف من الأرشيف: نظيرة زين الدين