From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jadaliyya announces the launch of its new Maghreb Page, found here. Much like the setup of the Syria Page and Egypt Page, the Maghreb Page will feature articles about the Maghreb, including Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, and the Western Sahara—covering all subject matters. We will accept submissions in Arabic, English, and French. If you are interested in contributing to this page, send us your submission to Maghreb@jadaliyya.com.
The first set of articles include an overview of Algeria’s experience of the uprisings that began in the Maghreb; an analysis of an art exhibit entitled “The Invention of the Savage”; representations of the so-called “Arab Spring”; the expressive spirit of Morocco’s pro-democracy movement; a cross-posted piece on a flag incident in Tunisia that has sparked a debate; and an article on the importance of national reconciliation in the context of government-sanctioned injustices. We have also put together a Maghreb media roundup on the latest stories in the region. They are linked below.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- فهد سوريا - الجزء الأول
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 26 فبراير
- The Precarity of Youth: Entrepreneurship is not the Solution
- Palestine Media Roundup (February 24)
- الغرب والسوريون: مبيعات الأسلحة الأمريكية والأوروبية للشرق الأوسط 2011- 2014
- Vote Yes on MESA Bylaw Amendment: Roundtable by Elyse Semerdjian, John Chalcraft, and Asli Bali
- Media on Media Roundup (February 21)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 21)
- دونالد ترامب والصراع في فلسطين
- خمس قصص قصيرة للكاتب الإسباني خوان خوسية مياس
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 19 فبراير
- Extensive Syria Media Roundup (Jan 8 - Feb 19, 2017)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 20)
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 13-19)
- Power, Sect, and State in Syria
- Maghreb Media Roundup (February 19)
- وطنُ الغريب جبينُهُ
- Perspectives on the Immigration Ban: A Town Hall with GMU Faculty