From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jadaliyya announces the launch of its new Maghreb Page, found here. Much like the setup of the Syria Page and Egypt Page, the Maghreb Page will feature articles about the Maghreb, including Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, and the Western Sahara—covering all subject matters. We will accept submissions in Arabic, English, and French. If you are interested in contributing to this page, send us your submission to Maghreb@jadaliyya.com.
The first set of articles include an overview of Algeria’s experience of the uprisings that began in the Maghreb; an analysis of an art exhibit entitled “The Invention of the Savage”; representations of the so-called “Arab Spring”; the expressive spirit of Morocco’s pro-democracy movement; a cross-posted piece on a flag incident in Tunisia that has sparked a debate; and an article on the importance of national reconciliation in the context of government-sanctioned injustices. We have also put together a Maghreb media roundup on the latest stories in the region. They are linked below.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The very idea of borrowing any progressive concept from an Arab country was unimaginable here until quite recently. … We should not overlook the profundity of this change because of its apparently rhetorical nature"click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- New Texts Out Now: Maha Abdelrahman, Egypt's Long Revolution: Protest Movements and Uprisings
- Le Père Lebret, chroniqueur de l’Etat libanais en construction
- Expropriation, Lawlessness, and Resistance in Yirca's Olive Groves: An Interview with Olcay Bingol and Deniz Bayram
- لم يكن في خطتنا أن ننتصر
- Faculty Support Student-Workers of UAW 2865 in Solidarity with Palestinian Students and Workers
- Syria Media Roundup (November 25)
- Turkey Media Roundup (November 25)
- Moving in the Maze with Cairene Artist Qarm Qart
- Larissa Sansour
- Event at GMU: The Double Execution of Saddam Hussein: Diaspora, Media, and Images, with Zainab Saleh
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (November 17-23)
- A French Atlas of the Gulf States
- Egypt Media Roundup (November 24)
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (23 November)
- Arab Jewish Identity and the Art of Hospitality: A Conversation with Michael Rakowitz
- Visit Our Jadaliyya/ASI/GMU Booths at MESA! #83 and #84
- Maghreb Media Roundup (November 21)
- Give Palestinian Children a Voice
- On the Margins Roundup (November)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (November 19)