From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jadaliyya announces the launch of its new Maghreb Page, found here. Much like the setup of the Syria Page and Egypt Page, the Maghreb Page will feature articles about the Maghreb, including Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, and the Western Sahara—covering all subject matters. We will accept submissions in Arabic, English, and French. If you are interested in contributing to this page, send us your submission to Maghreb@jadaliyya.com.
The first set of articles include an overview of Algeria’s experience of the uprisings that began in the Maghreb; an analysis of an art exhibit entitled “The Invention of the Savage”; representations of the so-called “Arab Spring”; the expressive spirit of Morocco’s pro-democracy movement; a cross-posted piece on a flag incident in Tunisia that has sparked a debate; and an article on the importance of national reconciliation in the context of government-sanctioned injustices. We have also put together a Maghreb media roundup on the latest stories in the region. They are linked below.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Egypt Two Years after the Coup
- Mahienour Al-Masry: An Icon of the Revolution in Prison
- Egypt under the New July Republic
- In Response to Mubarak
- More than Money on their Minds: The Generals and the Economy in Egypt Revisited
- The Saudi Leaks and Egypt: A Recap
- New Texts Out Now: Marc Morjé Howard and Meir R. Walters, “Mass Mobilization and the Democracy Bias”
- New Texts Out Now: Reem Abou-El-Fadl, Revolutionary Egypt: Connecting Domestic and International Struggles
- Photography Media Roundup (July 2)
- Meydan Politics: Taksim in Flux after Gezi
- DARS Media Roundup (June 2015)
- New Texts Out Now: Mohammad Mehdi Khorrami, Literary Subterfuge and Contemporary Persian Fiction: Who Writes Iran?
- Alif: Aynama-Rtama
- Turkey Media Roundup (June 30)
- Syria Media Roundup (June 30)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (June 30)
- The Light Bulb and the Oak Tree: Politics of Space Meets the Ballot Box
- خلايا حيّة
- The Right to Democratic Dissent: A View from Greece
- Egypt Media Roundup (June 29)