From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jadaliyya announces the launch of its new Maghreb Page, found here. Much like the setup of the Syria Page and Egypt Page, the Maghreb Page will feature articles about the Maghreb, including Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, and the Western Sahara—covering all subject matters. We will accept submissions in Arabic, English, and French. If you are interested in contributing to this page, send us your submission to Maghreb@jadaliyya.com.
The first set of articles include an overview of Algeria’s experience of the uprisings that began in the Maghreb; an analysis of an art exhibit entitled “The Invention of the Savage”; representations of the so-called “Arab Spring”; the expressive spirit of Morocco’s pro-democracy movement; a cross-posted piece on a flag incident in Tunisia that has sparked a debate; and an article on the importance of national reconciliation in the context of government-sanctioned injustices. We have also put together a Maghreb media roundup on the latest stories in the region. They are linked below.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“There is no doubt that the new constitution represents a concession to the Moroccan protest movement ... Yet, this should not obscure the fact that the monarch strictly controlled and managed the whole reform process.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- دعوة للمساهمة في دورية "اختيار" الثانية
- New Texts Out Now: Najat Rahman, In the Wake of the Poetic: Palestinian Artists after Darwish
- An Interview with Egyptian Novelist Sonallah Ibrahim
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (October 6)
- Quick Thoughts on Sanctions and Elite Factionalization in Syria: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Samer Abboud
- Migrant States, Mobile Economies: Rethinking the Political in Contemporary Turkey (GMU Event)
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 5)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 5)
- Netanyahu at the UN: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Interview by Al-Jazeera America
- A Portrait of Moustafa Fathi
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 28- October 4)
- On the Margins Roundup (October)
- De-dramatizing Algerian Politics
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (September 2015)
- مدن الحداثة
- Palestine Media Roundup (September 23– 30)
- The Palestine Exception to Free Speech: A Movement Under Attack in the US
- خمسة أسئلة عن التنوع البيبليوغرافي
- DARS Media Roundup (September 2015)
- LCPS Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Ziad Abu-Rish on Electricity in Early Independence Lebanon