From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Jadaliyya announces the launch of its new Maghreb Page, found here. Much like the setup of the Syria Page and Egypt Page, the Maghreb Page will feature articles about the Maghreb, including Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, and the Western Sahara—covering all subject matters. We will accept submissions in Arabic, English, and French. If you are interested in contributing to this page, send us your submission to Maghreb@jadaliyya.com.
The first set of articles include an overview of Algeria’s experience of the uprisings that began in the Maghreb; an analysis of an art exhibit entitled “The Invention of the Savage”; representations of the so-called “Arab Spring”; the expressive spirit of Morocco’s pro-democracy movement; a cross-posted piece on a flag incident in Tunisia that has sparked a debate; and an article on the importance of national reconciliation in the context of government-sanctioned injustices. We have also put together a Maghreb media roundup on the latest stories in the region. They are linked below.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The apparent expectation was that the protestors would be silenced.. But something unprecedented happened. With each wave of police assault the crowd multiplied, and the stage was set for the most extensive popular uprising against the AKP government."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 17 آذار
- المنظمات الأهلية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع طارق دعنا
- Text of Resignation Letter by ESCWA Executive Secretary Rima Khalaf
- MESA Membership Passes Bylaw Amendment Removing 'Non-Political' Clause and Affirming 501(c)3 Status
- UN Report Establishes Israeli Apartheid; Fallout Begins
- Between Slow and Sudden Death in Turkey
- Call for Action: Solidarity with Purged Academics for Peace in Turkey