From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[Please note that this is a roundup of news articles circulating on Syria and reflects a wide variety of opinions. It does not reflect the views of the Syria Page Editors or Jadaliyya. You may send your own recommendations for inclusion in each week's roundup to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday night of every week]
“Syrian activists (1) rethinking the revolution”, an insightful article on the Syrian oppositional currents in Al-Akhbar
“Fast-forward Syria: three terrible scenarios and one good option” analysis in Al-Jazeera English by Marwan Bishara
“Syria: armed opposition groups committing abuses” claims of human rights abuses committed by Syrian oppositional forces, in this report from Human Rights Watch
“Al-Jazeera obtains secret Syria files” documents and briefings drawn up by Syrian security for president Assad are said to have been leaked by a Syrian government defector
“Russia offers to support Syria UN plan by Kofi Annan’ the latest developments re Kofi’s efforts for an end to violence
“They own the future” Syrian writer Odai al-Zoubi writing for Syrian monthly Syria Today on the revolutionary transformation of the people.
“Syria on the edge” in depth reporting from the Turkish refugee camps, by Michael Peel of the FT
“Friend of the Palestinians” an article in the Socialist Review by Dr Miriyam Aouragh solid analysis of the Syria regime’s highly questionable claims to support the Palestinian people.
هل تستعيد المعارضة السورية استقلاليتها؟
Ibrahim Al-Amin presents the need for the Syrian opposition to take a step back and reevaluate its approach..
بين الأسد والجيش لغز محير؟
Nicola Nasif: the Syrian army will not play the same role as it did in either Libya, Egypt, or Tunisia.
إدارة الأزمة السورية: الجيش بيضة القبان
Samir Al-Hasan analyzes the Syrian army’s undivided support for the Assad regime.
العلمانيون بين الانتفاضة والاستبداد: نقد الخطاب الزائف
Mohamad Dibo presents the secularists’ arguments about and role in the Syrian revolution.
الفرصة الأخيرة لسوريا
Kofi Anan’s mission is the last chance for Syria.
رسالة مفتوحة من هيومن ريتس واتش إلى قيادات المعارضة السورية
Human Rights Watch’s open letter highlights the crimes committed by leaders of the Syrian oposition (the SNC most notably) in Syria.
الدرامة السورية الروسية
Tarek Al-Hamid questions Russia’s stance on Syria.
حكاية البعث السوري خارج الدستور
An analysis of the annulment of article 8 from the Syrian constitution and the history of the despotic baathist rule in Syria.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"More than eight thousand Kurdish political prisoners are in Turkish prisons: 154 of them are nearing death, 526 of them are sick... In order to have the Turkish authorities free sick prisoners, do we have to wait for a dead body?"click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Maghreb Media Roundup (January 30)
- DARS Media Roundup (January 2015)
- Gender and the Production of Islamic Urban Space in Iran
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (29 January)
- The Guide for Using Life: A Graphic Novel and Exhibition
- Cities Media Roundup (January 2015)
- Deadline for Applications: M.A. in Middle East and Islamic Studies at George Mason University
- Revolution and Despair
- Reconsidering the Rif Revolt (1958-59)
- New Texts Out Now: Toby Matthiesen, The Other Saudis: Shiism, Dissent, and Sectarianism
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (January 27)
- Asli Bali on Iranian-US Nuclear Negotiations and What Republican Invite to Netanyahu Means
- Turkey Media Roundup (January 27)
- Palestinian Authority Security Cooperation and the Internationalization of Occupation: The Case of Ahmad Sa’adat
- Egypt Media Roundup (January 26)
- Composer Maurice Louca on Salute the Parrot
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 19-25)
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (November-December 2014)
- STATUS/الوضع: Episode -3
- January Culture Bouquet