From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
[Please note that this is a roundup of news articles circulating on Syria and reflects a wide variety of opinions. It does not reflect the views of the Syria Page Editors or Jadaliyya. You may send your own recommendations for inclusion in each week's roundup to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday night of every week]
“Syrian activists (1) rethinking the revolution”, an insightful article on the Syrian oppositional currents in Al-Akhbar
“Fast-forward Syria: three terrible scenarios and one good option” analysis in Al-Jazeera English by Marwan Bishara
“Syria: armed opposition groups committing abuses” claims of human rights abuses committed by Syrian oppositional forces, in this report from Human Rights Watch
“Al-Jazeera obtains secret Syria files” documents and briefings drawn up by Syrian security for president Assad are said to have been leaked by a Syrian government defector
“Russia offers to support Syria UN plan by Kofi Annan’ the latest developments re Kofi’s efforts for an end to violence
“They own the future” Syrian writer Odai al-Zoubi writing for Syrian monthly Syria Today on the revolutionary transformation of the people.
“Syria on the edge” in depth reporting from the Turkish refugee camps, by Michael Peel of the FT
“Friend of the Palestinians” an article in the Socialist Review by Dr Miriyam Aouragh solid analysis of the Syria regime’s highly questionable claims to support the Palestinian people.
هل تستعيد المعارضة السورية استقلاليتها؟
Ibrahim Al-Amin presents the need for the Syrian opposition to take a step back and reevaluate its approach..
بين الأسد والجيش لغز محير؟
Nicola Nasif: the Syrian army will not play the same role as it did in either Libya, Egypt, or Tunisia.
إدارة الأزمة السورية: الجيش بيضة القبان
Samir Al-Hasan analyzes the Syrian army’s undivided support for the Assad regime.
العلمانيون بين الانتفاضة والاستبداد: نقد الخطاب الزائف
Mohamad Dibo presents the secularists’ arguments about and role in the Syrian revolution.
الفرصة الأخيرة لسوريا
Kofi Anan’s mission is the last chance for Syria.
رسالة مفتوحة من هيومن ريتس واتش إلى قيادات المعارضة السورية
Human Rights Watch’s open letter highlights the crimes committed by leaders of the Syrian oposition (the SNC most notably) in Syria.
الدرامة السورية الروسية
Tarek Al-Hamid questions Russia’s stance on Syria.
حكاية البعث السوري خارج الدستور
An analysis of the annulment of article 8 from the Syrian constitution and the history of the despotic baathist rule in Syria.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"After the intifada of the Pearl Roundabout, with the security solution and attacking on protesters, Bahraini TV began a campaign to call for the firing of workers that participated in the marches or the general strike."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Derailing Democracy?: The Anti-Boycott Playbook Explained
- Five Years After the Arab Uprisings: An Interview with Asef Bayat
- Statement by International Committee for the the Red Cross on Indiscriminate Violence in Aleppo
- Jeremy Corbyn Hasn’t Got an “Anti-Semitism Problem,” His Opponents Do
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 29)
- القدس 2016: إجراءات تهويدية تُبقي عوامل الانفجار قائمة
- الحضارة بين عقل الأفندي والأكاديمي
- أفكار سريعة: ماريا فانتابيه حول أكراد سورية
- فلسطين-إسرائيل: تفكيك الاستعمار الآن والسلام لاحقاً
- The Human Right to Dominate: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Nicola Perugini
- Syria Media Roundup (April 27)
- New Texts Out Now: Ala'a Shehabi and Marc Owen Jones, Bahrain's Uprising: Resistance and Repression in the Gulf
- Pro-AKP Media Figures Continue to Target Academics for Peace
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 26)
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 26)
- Syrian Refugees and the Map of a Dangerous Journey: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Alia Malek
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 18-24)
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 25)
- Critical Readings in Political Economy