From the Editors
[Please note that this is a roundup of news articles circulating on Syria and reflects a wide variety of opinions. It does not reflect the views of the Syria Page Editors or Jadaliyya. You may send your own recommendations for inclusion in each week's roundup to email@example.com by Monday night of every week]
“Syrian activists (1) rethinking the revolution”, an insightful article on the Syrian oppositional currents in Al-Akhbar
“Fast-forward Syria: three terrible scenarios and one good option” analysis in Al-Jazeera English by Marwan Bishara
“Syria: armed opposition groups committing abuses” claims of human rights abuses committed by Syrian oppositional forces, in this report from Human Rights Watch
“Al-Jazeera obtains secret Syria files” documents and briefings drawn up by Syrian security for president Assad are said to have been leaked by a Syrian government defector
“Russia offers to support Syria UN plan by Kofi Annan’ the latest developments re Kofi’s efforts for an end to violence
“They own the future” Syrian writer Odai al-Zoubi writing for Syrian monthly Syria Today on the revolutionary transformation of the people.
“Syria on the edge” in depth reporting from the Turkish refugee camps, by Michael Peel of the FT
“Friend of the Palestinians” an article in the Socialist Review by Dr Miriyam Aouragh solid analysis of the Syria regime’s highly questionable claims to support the Palestinian people.
هل تستعيد المعارضة السورية استقلاليتها؟
Ibrahim Al-Amin presents the need for the Syrian opposition to take a step back and reevaluate its approach..
بين الأسد والجيش لغز محير؟
Nicola Nasif: the Syrian army will not play the same role as it did in either Libya, Egypt, or Tunisia.
إدارة الأزمة السورية: الجيش بيضة القبان
Samir Al-Hasan analyzes the Syrian army’s undivided support for the Assad regime.
العلمانيون بين الانتفاضة والاستبداد: نقد الخطاب الزائف
Mohamad Dibo presents the secularists’ arguments about and role in the Syrian revolution.
الفرصة الأخيرة لسوريا
Kofi Anan’s mission is the last chance for Syria.
رسالة مفتوحة من هيومن ريتس واتش إلى قيادات المعارضة السورية
Human Rights Watch’s open letter highlights the crimes committed by leaders of the Syrian oposition (the SNC most notably) in Syria.
الدرامة السورية الروسية
Tarek Al-Hamid questions Russia’s stance on Syria.
حكاية البعث السوري خارج الدستور
An analysis of the annulment of article 8 from the Syrian constitution and the history of the despotic baathist rule in Syria.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
"The audience is not simply watching a play; we become unwitting attendees at a public meeting. Our silence is read as approval, as Thomas and his wife appeal to the crowd to speak up for them. As Amin says, “Your silence becomes part of the play.”"click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
محمد صفار: علم السياسة في مصر: التاريخ والتوجهات http://t.co/pugUdXCM6B
16 hours ago
ناريمان ناجي: على أرض الصحفين ما يستحق الحكي http://t.co/aiyzcuqpul
19 hours ago
Let's Go to Guantanamo! An On-the-Ground Perspective on the 9/11 Trial http://t.co/xJQOqp86rR
19 hours ago
The Everyday Experience of Humanitarianism in Akkar Villages (Part One) http://t.co/NFxHXuMZFq
19 hours ago
Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (24 April) http://t.co/5OAUujPvvH
19 hours ago
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- علم السياسة في مصر: التاريخ والتوجهات
- #SaveKessab, #Save Aleppo, and Kim Kardashian: Syria’s Rashomon Effect
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (24 April)
- The Everyday Experience of Humanitarianism in Akkar Villages (Part One)
- Inhabiting a Grudge
- Let's Go to Guantanamo! An On-the-Ground Perspective on the 9/11 Trial
- Studying, Researching, Teaching, Representing: The Arab Uprisings Three Years On (28 April, George Mason University)
- The Confiscation of Armenian Properties: An Interview with Umit Kurt
- ICAHD Finland Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani
- Notes sur l'élection présidentielle algérienne
- New Texts Out Now: Reinoud Leenders, Spoils of Truce: Corruption and State-Building in Postwar Lebanon
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 22)
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Bassam Haddad on NPR’s Worldview, Addressing Syria’s Presidential Elections
- On Power Cuts, Protests, and Institutions: A Brief History of Electricity in Beirut (Part One)
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 22)
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 21)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 14-20)
- Three Poems by Ahmad Shamlou
- Nasr Hamid Abu Zaid: A Profile from the Archives
- Let Us Now Praise Murderous Men; Lebanese Presidential Candidates, Considered