From the Editors
Hamid Naficy of Northwestern University is a leading authority of Iranian cinema His most recent four-volume series, A Social History of Iranian Cinema. Covers the Iranian cinema from late nineteenth century to the early twenty-first cinema. Hamid Naficy has published extensively about theories of exile and displacement, exilic and diaspora cinema and media, and Iranian and Third World cinemas. His many publications include such well-known titles as An Accented Cinema, The Making of Exile Cultures, Otherness and the Media: The Ethnography of the Imagined and the Imaged, Iran Media Index, and the AFI anthology, Home, Exile, Homeland. Professor Naficy helped to launch ongoing annual Iranian film festivals in Los Angeles and Houston.
Professor Naficy spoke with Iranian American film scholar, Hossein Khosrowjah about his latest work and the state of Iranian cinema today.
A Social History of Iranian Cinema
Volume 1: The Artisanal Era, 1897–1941
Volume 2: The Industrializing Years, 1941–1978
Volume 3: The Islamicate Period, 1978–1984
Volume 4: The Globalizing Era, 1984–2010
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
"The events made me feel an urgent need to proceed with this film. One of the young students who worked with me turned into a fighter overnight; his sectarianism motivated his march into battle. The previous question presented itself once again: how can a university student transform into a “monster”?"click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Open Letter: Urgent Need for Cross-Border Aid for Syrians http://t.co/HnxIdcPxtS
yesterday at 4:23 PM
Tunisia’s Consensus, or When a Kiss is Just a Kiss http://t.co/i3dWLBcToc
yesterday at 9:00 AM
DARS Media Roundup (March 8) http://t.co/0jzZ1mrTay
yesterday at 8:10 AM
Sosyal Bilimler ve Kadınların Bilme Biçimleri http://t.co/1G2BqGHJ8z
yesterday at 7:59 AM
We the Women Are in Taksim in Istanbul on the 8th of March! http://t.co/JcPtoT2tLk
yesterday at 7:42 AM
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Tunisia’s Consensus, or When a Kiss is Just a Kiss
- DARS Media Roundup (March 8)
- Sosyal Bilimler ve Kadinlarin Bilme Bicimleri
- We the Women Are in Taksim in Istanbul on the 8th of March!
- لماذا لم يثر الصعيد؟ محاولة أولية للفهم ودعوة للنقاش
- عن السيد الجديد والمرأة المصرية
- Photography Media Roundup (March 6)
- قصائد المهمّشين
- New Texts Out Now: Annika Marlen Hinze, Turkish Berlin: Integration Policy and Urban Space
- Egypt Monthly Edition on Jadaliyya (February 2014)
- The (Ir)relevance of Academia? Academics Lash Back at Kristof for NYT Column
- Les quartiers populaires et les printemps arabes: Elements pour une approche renouvelee
- Buradan bir cikis var mi? Ya da neden HDP’deyim?
- Media on the Margins: An Interview with Muhammad Ali on his Frontline Documentary "Syria's Second Front"
- Syria Media Roundup (March 4)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 4)
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 4)
- Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon: Health, Access, and Contributions
- Harvard Event: The History of Syrian Revolt: Structural Causes and Dynamics (4 March)
- الأنبار بين مفهومين: الحرب والسلام