From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
How the Syrian Uprising Started, the "Rise" of the Syrian National Council, and The Role of The Arab Gulf Countries: Interview with Haytham Manna` (Part 3)
On April 27th, around the Jadaliyya Co-Sponsored Conference at Lund University ("Contesting Narratives, Location Power"), I sat down for an extensive interview with Haytham Manna`, one of the icons of the independent Syrian opposition and a leading founder of the National Coordinating Body for Democratic Change (in Syria). The interview was long and candid, and addressed several topics, including the current impasse in Syria, the stages and transformation of the uprising, the questions of international intervention and of resistance, the Syrian National Council and its relations with other opposition groups and the Arab Gulf States and beyond, and the relationship between Syria and Hizballah.
Below you will find the third part of the 4-part interview.This segment addresses the beginnings of the Syrian uprising, the "rise" of the Syrian National Council, and, briefly but potently, the role of the Arab Gulf countries. The first part can be found here and the second part can be found here.
1 comment for "How the Syrian Uprising Started, the "Rise" of the Syrian National Council, and The Role of The Arab Gulf Countries: Interview with Haytham Manna` (Part 3)"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- On the BDS Blacklist
- أشباح سركون بولص
- ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص
- عن سركون بولص في ذكراه
- New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
- Liberalizmin tasfiyesi ve Ortadogu'da alacakaranlik
- جدلية في عامها الرابع
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (George Mason University, 20 October 2014)
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, "The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam" http://t.co/GoJFcrptWK
12 hours ago
On the BDS Blacklist http://t.co/ala4z9VTI1
15 hours ago
سنان أنطون: أشباح سركون بولص http://t.co/QDIHdVxMyV
16 hours ago
UC Irvine Event: Bassam Haddad on 'The Syrian Tragedy: Causes, Dynamics, and Consequences' (23 October 2014) http://t.co/ceCa3CqUBC
17 hours ago
خالد المعالي: ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص http://t.co/Pei5CgRhjb
19 hours ago