From the Editors
Call for Papers: Global Environmental Change and Human Security - The Need for a New Vision for Science, Policy, and Leadership (Marrakech, 22-24 November, 2012)
Global Environmental Change and Human Security: The Need for a New Vision for Science, Policy, and Leadership
Marrakech, 22-24 November, 2012
Abstract Submission Deadline: 15 July 2012
The NRCS and the GIZ, along with numerous partners, have successfully organized the previous editions of the above conference respectively in 2009 and 2011 focusing on different, but related themes. This series of worldwide scientific meetings, organized in Morocco and involving a huge number of delegates representing more than 50 countries and 300 participants, is increasingly acknowledged as a distinguished multinational forum that provided an early focus on key "glocal" issues from an interdisciplinary/multidimensi
In order to sustain the debate within the current context and dynamics, the organizers are pleased to launch the third edition with a focus on the theme: "Global environmental change and human security". This edition is expected to provide an update of the newest understanding of environmental change caused by current development models and schemes, human security implications of this change, and options available for different societies to respond to present and future challenges. Participants will consider how understandings and conceptions of security are being transformed in the face of global environmental change (with a focus on climate change), and how urgent a shift – in science, policy and leadership – is required to manage efficiently and prudently the current dynamics. The event will serve as a space to conceive this critically needed roadmap.
Organizing Institutions: North-South Center for Social Sciences (NRCS), Morocco | Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), Germany | National Council for Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Leadership (NCCSD), India.
Partners: Institute of Research for Development (IRD), France
Click here for more information.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Palestinians have real domestic politics and we need to study its organizational contours as we study domestic politics anywhere in the world.click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (June 18)
- فرانكشتاين في بغداد
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (17 June)
- هل يمكن تطوير الجدل حول المثلية الجنسية؟
- Resisting Tear Gas Together
- معتقلو موريتانيا في غوانتانامو
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (June 10-16)
- Will the Presidential Elections “Cure the Pain” of the Iranian People?
- الانترنت والعولمة الثقافية
- #resistankara: Notes of a Woman Resisting
- It Is About the Park: A Struggle for Turkey’s Cities
- 'Ottomanalgia' and the Protests in Turkey
- إصلاح بروتوكول باريس في عامه العشرين: أسئلة وأجوبة لإرضاء الإصلاحي العنيد
- Report from Istanbul: Koray Caliskan on Democracy Now
- Syria Media Roundup (June 13)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (June 14)
- Debunking the Myth of the Zionist Left
- Iran’s Presidential Elections: The Live Embers of a Democratic Opposition Glow
- Sultan of Sultans
- On the Margins Roundup (June)