From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The cacophony of voices discussing and debating the merits of sanctions against, negotiations with, and war on Iran has been deafening. For two years the expanding sanctions regime has been presented as an alternative to conflict, while it threatens to be a mere prelude to war. The only remaining question being who would attack Iran on account of its purported nuclear weapons program. Largely absent from this debate has been analysis based on knowledge of Iranian politics and history. With this in mind, Jadaliyya has turned to two experts of Iranian politics and society to reflect on the prospects and eventual consequence of military confrontation, and the challenges confronting meaningful negotiations.
Roundtable on Iran Crisis, Part 1: War on Iran in 2012? by Eric Hooglund
Roundtable on Iran Crisis, Part 2: On Attacking Iran, by Farideh Farhi
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- el Seed and Aya Tarek Discuss Calligraffiti
- Egypt Monthly Edition on Jadaliyya (February 2015)
- Slurring Sectarianism: Sunni-Shi‘i Discourse in Lebanon
- New Media and the Spectacle of the War on Terror
- New Texts Out Now: Anthony Downey, Uncommon Grounds: New Media and Critical Practices in the Middle East and North Africa
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 23-March 2)
- Syria Media Roundup (March 2)
- Nada Baraka's Fractals
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 3)
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 3)
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 2)
- ستاتوس\الوضع: العدد 2.1
- Mental Health Programs for Syrian Refugees
- DARS Media Roundup (February 2015)
- Cities Media Roundup (February 2015)
- Minyan Village Mourns: A Photographic Essay
- Burj el Imam: Music by Sharif Sehnaoui, Raed Yassin and Alan Bishop
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.1 is Live!
- New Texts Out Now: Jonathan A.C. Brown, Misquoting Muhammad: The Challenges and Choices of Interpreting the Prophet’s Legacy
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (February 24)