From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
In 2011, The Watermill Center and ArteEast partnered to launch an annual residency supporting the development of a new work by artists based in the Middle East and North Africa. The residency is accompanied by an artist talk with the community about the work done in residence. The 2011/2012 ArteEast artist was Abbas Akhavan.
ArteEast is proud to announce that the partnership will be included in one of the Spring 2013 Residency slots (January - June 2013) at The Watermill Center. Deadline for applicants is 1 June 2012.
Who Can Apply? Artists, art practitioners, and institutions based or active in the Middle East and North Africa are invited to apply for the opportunity to participate in a residency program at Watermill Center. Eligible participants are citizens and/or residents of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen. This residency is fully funded.
Artists interested in applying should visit here and select the ArteEast Partnership : Spring 2013 Residency Program.
For the complete Watermill Center Application Guidelines please click here.
Artists will be selected by The Watermill Center Selection Committee as well as by members of the ArteEast staff.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“How can critical Jewish voices dismantle the opposition's claims while simultaneously working to dismantle the very paradigm that grants them the privilege to do so? “click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- من النفايات إلى النظام: الصلات والانقطاعات
- (Auto)-Mobility in the Global Middle East
- What is Political Economy?: The Inaugural Political Economy Project Workshop (Part 1) - from Status/الوضع Panels
- Turkey Media Roundup (February 9)
- Call for Applicants--Doctoral Dissertation Summer Workshop: Researching Lebanon
- البنك الدولي، تلاعب و تزوير من أجل تحرير الاستثمار
- إسرائيل في القدس الشرقية: من الحسم الجغرافي إلى الحسم الديموغرافي
- فلامنجو البنت الغريبة
- Speaking Truth to Power: A Panel on Academic Freedoms and the War Against Kurds in Turkey (17 February, CUNY Graduate Center, New York)
- Egypt Media Roundup (February 8)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (February 1-7)
- Awled Amreeka?
- !قَابَ قَلْبَيْنِ أَوْ أَدْنَى
- حلقة للوضع عن دورة الإنتاج الموسيقي في فلسطين: من عكا إلى غزة
- أوراق من الشعر الليبي: ملف خاص
- القصيدة العابرة للقلق
- Photography Media Roundup (February 5)
- Palestine Media Roundup (January 28 – February 3)
- المجتمع المدني في الخليج العربي: الواقع والاحتمالات. مقابلة للوضع بين انور الرشيد وفاتح عزام