From the Editors
In 2011, The Watermill Center and ArteEast partnered to launch an annual residency supporting the development of a new work by artists based in the Middle East and North Africa. The residency is accompanied by an artist talk with the community about the work done in residence. The 2011/2012 ArteEast artist was Abbas Akhavan.
ArteEast is proud to announce that the partnership will be included in one of the Spring 2013 Residency slots (January - June 2013) at The Watermill Center. Deadline for applicants is 1 June 2012.
Who Can Apply? Artists, art practitioners, and institutions based or active in the Middle East and North Africa are invited to apply for the opportunity to participate in a residency program at Watermill Center. Eligible participants are citizens and/or residents of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen. This residency is fully funded.
Artists interested in applying should visit here and select the ArteEast Partnership : Spring 2013 Residency Program.
For the complete Watermill Center Application Guidelines please click here.
Artists will be selected by The Watermill Center Selection Committee as well as by members of the ArteEast staff.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Let Us Now Praise Murderers; Lebanese Presidential Candidates Considered http://t.co/xX5N5URHqI
12 hours ago
The Case Against #Qatar: Host of the #FIFA 2022 World Cup http://t.co/ykVMODrLVv #football #soccer
12 hours ago
Reflections on the 22nd Annual Cairo Papers Symposium: Disabilities, Revolution, and the Politics of Hope http://t.co/nvJeYXVF9H
14 hours ago
Event Report-Back -- Before the Modern, After the Medieval: Egypt and the Middle East in the Eighteenth Century http://t.co/TOlHKZUFQs
14 hours ago
فادي عاصلة: قراءة في مضامين تدريس اللغتين العربية والعبرية في الجامعة العبرية http://t.co/GT2BZGLwMU
16 hours ago
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- قراءة في مضامين تدريس اللغتين العربية والعبرية في الجامعة العبرية
- على أرض الصحفيين ما يستحق الحكي
- من قصة النقل المشترك لمدينة بيروت: باصاتٌ ومترو في محطة الأحلام
- غزة والبحر
- Stasis Shift: Guernica Interviews Jadaliyya Co-Founder Bassam Haddad
- On the Struggle of Syrian Refugees in Lebanon
- On Not Despising the Present: Some Notes on Faris Giacaman’s 'The Sadness of Post-Militance'
- Tahrir, Taksim, Tempelhof: Between Political Fields
- الزمن الآخر\اتصال هاتفي في ساعة متأخرة من الليل
- On the Road: An Exhibition by Paul Ayoub Geday
- Event: Angela Davis and Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat on Mass Incarceration in the United States and Palestine (19 April, Evergreen State College)
- DARS Media Roundup (April 16)
- New Texts Out Now: Valeska Huber, Channelling Mobilities: Migration and Globalisation in the Suez Canal Region and Beyond
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (16 April)
- Syria Media Roundup (April 16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (April 15)
- The Strands of the Military Opposition in Syria: An Interview with Yasser Munif (Part 2)
- Adunis, Mistranslated (Part One)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya April (7-13)