From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
In 2011, The Watermill Center and ArteEast partnered to launch an annual residency supporting the development of a new work by artists based in the Middle East and North Africa. The residency is accompanied by an artist talk with the community about the work done in residence. The 2011/2012 ArteEast artist was Abbas Akhavan.
ArteEast is proud to announce that the partnership will be included in one of the Spring 2013 Residency slots (January - June 2013) at The Watermill Center. Deadline for applicants is 1 June 2012.
Who Can Apply? Artists, art practitioners, and institutions based or active in the Middle East and North Africa are invited to apply for the opportunity to participate in a residency program at Watermill Center. Eligible participants are citizens and/or residents of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen. This residency is fully funded.
Artists interested in applying should visit here and select the ArteEast Partnership : Spring 2013 Residency Program.
For the complete Watermill Center Application Guidelines please click here.
Artists will be selected by The Watermill Center Selection Committee as well as by members of the ArteEast staff.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Palestine Media Roundup (November 19 - 25)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (November 16-22)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (November 26)
- The Diaspora, Debt, and Dollarization: Unraveling Lebanon’s Resilience to a Sovereign Debt Crisis
- في العلاقة الشائكة بين التاريخ والتطرّف
- New Texts Out Now: Safinaz El Tarouty, Businessmen, Clientelism, and Authoritarianism in Egypt
- Anthropologists Speak Out for Justice in Palestine
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.3 is Live! Celebrating Our One-Year Anniversary
- يكفيني أن ألمس ورقة خضراء حتى أرى
- Egypt Media Roundup (November 23)
- عصفورية إلى الأبد
- Affirming the Rights of Students to Organize, Protest, and Resist (City University of New York)
- Terror Everywhere, Humanity Nowhere
- الجلبي، عبد الرزاق عبد الواحد: سجال ما بعد الديكتاتور
- القصائدُ قرودٌ؛ هكذا كلّ واقعٍ في عين أمّه غزال
- Palestine Media Roundup (November 12 - 18)
- Turkey Could Cut Off the Islamic State’s Supply Lines. So Why Doesn’t It?
- ASI At MESA! Visit Us at Booths 20-21 and Join our Political Economy Project Reception
- Filming Revolution: An Interview with Alisa Lebow
- The Absence of Contemporary Literature in Egypt’s Education System