From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
In 2011, The Watermill Center and ArteEast partnered to launch an annual residency supporting the development of a new work by artists based in the Middle East and North Africa. The residency is accompanied by an artist talk with the community about the work done in residence. The 2011/2012 ArteEast artist was Abbas Akhavan.
ArteEast is proud to announce that the partnership will be included in one of the Spring 2013 Residency slots (January - June 2013) at The Watermill Center. Deadline for applicants is 1 June 2012.
Who Can Apply? Artists, art practitioners, and institutions based or active in the Middle East and North Africa are invited to apply for the opportunity to participate in a residency program at Watermill Center. Eligible participants are citizens and/or residents of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen. This residency is fully funded.
Artists interested in applying should visit here and select the ArteEast Partnership : Spring 2013 Residency Program.
For the complete Watermill Center Application Guidelines please click here.
Artists will be selected by The Watermill Center Selection Committee as well as by members of the ArteEast staff.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Maghreb Media Roundup (January 30)
- DARS Media Roundup (January 2015)
- Gender and the Production of Islamic Urban Space in Iran
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (29 January)
- The Guide for Using Life: A Graphic Novel and Exhibition
- Cities Media Roundup (January 2015)
- Deadline for Applications: M.A. in Middle East and Islamic Studies at George Mason University
- Revolution and Despair
- Reconsidering the Rif Revolt (1958-59)
- New Texts Out Now: Toby Matthiesen, The Other Saudis: Shiism, Dissent, and Sectarianism
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (January 27)
- Asli Bali on Iranian-US Nuclear Negotiations and What Republican Invite to Netanyahu Means
- Turkey Media Roundup (January 27)
- Palestinian Authority Security Cooperation and the Internationalization of Occupation: The Case of Ahmad Sa’adat
- Egypt Media Roundup (January 26)
- Composer Maurice Louca on Salute the Parrot
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 19-25)
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (November-December 2014)
- STATUS/الوضع: Episode -3
- January Culture Bouquet