From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
In 2011, The Watermill Center and ArteEast partnered to launch an annual residency supporting the development of a new work by artists based in the Middle East and North Africa. The residency is accompanied by an artist talk with the community about the work done in residence. The 2011/2012 ArteEast artist was Abbas Akhavan.
ArteEast is proud to announce that the partnership will be included in one of the Spring 2013 Residency slots (January - June 2013) at The Watermill Center. Deadline for applicants is 1 June 2012.
Who Can Apply? Artists, art practitioners, and institutions based or active in the Middle East and North Africa are invited to apply for the opportunity to participate in a residency program at Watermill Center. Eligible participants are citizens and/or residents of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen. This residency is fully funded.
Artists interested in applying should visit here and select the ArteEast Partnership : Spring 2013 Residency Program.
For the complete Watermill Center Application Guidelines please click here.
Artists will be selected by The Watermill Center Selection Committee as well as by members of the ArteEast staff.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Such shows of force on our campuses, as much as the actual acts of violence themselves, need to be declared completely unacceptable.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Cities Media Roundup (August 2015)
- Israel’s Defeat on the Iran Deal
- Lebanon: What Do You Mean There Is No State?
- Beirut Revolt: What Is to be Done?
- Quick Thoughts: Moe Ali Nayel on Lebanon’s Garbage Crisis and Protest Movement
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Vangelis Kehriyotis anisina
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.2 is Live!
- Lebanon, August 2015: Notes on Paralysis, Protests, and Hope
- في تعاقب المنافي، ستحملنا الريح إلى الوطن
- New Texts Out Now: Gary Wilder, Freedom Time: Negritude, Decolonization, and the Future of the World
- قدّروا شجاعة الرجل
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 25)
- Palestine Media Roundup (July 20- August 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (August 25)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim Fit In? (Part 2)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim fit in? (Part 1)
- The Reality of Ethnic Cleansing and Kurdish State in Syria
- The Good, the Bad and the Crimson Shoe
- Ekin Wan’in bedeninde ifsa olan devlet ya da kadinlar sira bizde