From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Hundreds of thousands took part Tuesday in protests across Egypt, calling for a "political isolation" law to be implemented against General Ahmad Shafiq and remnants of the old regime. Protesters in Tahrir Square and elsewhere demanded the retrial of Hosni Mubarak, his sons, and the police leaders in front of revolutionary courts.
[Protesters denouncing Shafiq in Talaat Harb Street. Image by Hossam El-Hamalawy.]
[Talaat Harb Square. Image by Hossam El-Hamalawy.]
[Tahrir Square. Image by Hossam El-Hamalawy.]
[Protestors in Tahrir Square on 2 June 2012. Video by Hossam El-Hamalawy.]
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Mubarakism on Steroids: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Hesham Sallam Interviewed on the Anniversary of the Revolution
- The Revolutionary Practice of Endurance
- Is Cairene Graffiti Losing Momentum?
- “Old People Are Not Revolutionaries!” Labor Struggles Between Precarity and Istiqrar in a Factory Occupation in Egypt
- Will the Counter-Revolution Continue?
- Charlie Hebdo ve Cumhuriyetin Sinirlari
- Visualizing Impact: The Long Run & On the Brink
- Call for Submissions: Palestine Yearbook of International Law
- Syria Media Roundup (January 19)
- مجلة الدراسات الفلسطينية العدد 101: تطورات القدس ومسألة السلفية الجهادية
- Rap as Activism in Morocco: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Mouad Belghouate (El-Haqed) and Samia Errazzouki
- الجسد والسلطة في السينما
- درويش خارج النص
- On the Margins Roundup (January)
- Coming Soon! Against All Odds: Voices of Popular Struggle In Iraq
- New Texts Out Now: Luca Anceschi, Gennaro Gervasio, and Andrea Teti, Informal Power in the Greater Middle East
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Sinan Antoon Wins 2014 Saif Ghobash Banipal Translation Prize
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (January 12-18)
- Third Eye: Photography
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (January 20)