From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
In an electric atmosphere, members of Ahmed Shafiq’s campaign have said that their candidate is leading the race, frustrated with what they referred to as “facade” results of Mursi’s winning.
“We’ve spotted massive violations from Mursi’s campaign, and according to our counting, our candidate is leading with fifty-one to fifty-two percent,” said Ahmed Sarhan, spokesman of Ahmed Shafiq’s campaign.
Sarhan further said that Mursi’s campaign should drop all their allegations of vote-rigging against Shafiq, accusing the Brotherhood candidate of "spreading lies about the results of the vote all along.”
Moreover, Sarhan added that final results are not to be announced before all the violations had been verified and all appeals examined by the Supreme Presidential Electoral Commission (SPEC).
Meanwhile, the media coordinator of Shafiq’s campaign told Ahram Online, "Mursi’s campaign is spreading fake news of victory in order to be able to claim vote-rigging when Shafiq wins,”
The presidential runoffs have witnessed a tight competition between Ahmed Shafiq and his rival, the Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohamed Mursi, while indications so far put Mursi in the lead - 51.74 percent to 48.25 percent - with ninety-nine percent of votes reported according to the campaign of the Brotherhood leading figure.
[Developed in partnership with Ahram Online.]
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The faces of workers, including children, are turned silver after long hours in the aluminum workshops and factories. Most of the polishing workshops are narrow and the air is full of aluminum particles in dust or powder form."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 17 آذار
- المنظمات الأهلية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع طارق دعنا
- Text of Resignation Letter by ESCWA Executive Secretary Rima Khalaf
- MESA Membership Passes Bylaw Amendment Removing 'Non-Political' Clause and Affirming 501(c)3 Status
- UN Report Establishes Israeli Apartheid; Fallout Begins
- Between Slow and Sudden Death in Turkey
- Call for Action: Solidarity with Purged Academics for Peace in Turkey