From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The results of the presidential election will be announced on Sunday at three pm, Presidential Elections Commission Secretary General Hatem Bagato said Saturday.
Bagato said in a statement that Farouk Sultan, head of the PEC, will be the person who will announce the result at a press conference on Sunday.
Earlier on Saturday, Sultan said that no date has been set by the commission to announce the results of the elections, state owned news agency MENA reported.
Sultan told MENA that all news about the results being announced today, Saturday, is baseless because the commission is still dealing with appeals over local voting irregularities.
On Friday, Al Jazeera Mubasher Misr quoted an unidentified source in the commission as saying that the results would be announced on Saturday.
Sultan said that once all the complaints by the two finalists are being fully investigated, the commission will set a date for announcing the results.
Results of the runoff vote between Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohammed Morsy and Mubarak-era politician Ahmed Shafiq were postponed last week as both campaigns claimed victory.
[This article originally appeared in Egypt Independent.]
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
كان يا ما كان هي الكلمات التي نحملها معنا\ نحن إليها و … تدفعنا نحو ذكريات وأزمان، \أشياء وأماكن، \صور وأناس لا يمكن أن تنفصل عناclick | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 17 آذار
- المنظمات الأهلية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع طارق دعنا
- Text of Resignation Letter by ESCWA Executive Secretary Rima Khalaf
- MESA Membership Passes Bylaw Amendment Removing 'Non-Political' Clause and Affirming 501(c)3 Status
- UN Report Establishes Israeli Apartheid; Fallout Begins
- Between Slow and Sudden Death in Turkey
- Call for Action: Solidarity with Purged Academics for Peace in Turkey