From the Editors
The following Skype interview was conducted on 29 June 2012 with Sarah Sirgany, an Egyptian journalist and editor at Egypt Monocle. In the first video, Sirgany discusses the presidential election outome while situating it within allegations of deal-making between the Muslim Brotherhood and the Surpeme Council for the Armed Forced (SCAF). She also identifies the key challenges facing the new president. In the secon video, Sirgany identifies the challenges facing revolutionaries in the wake of the presidential election outcome. She ends her discussion with the constitutional declaration annex and the impact this will have on battles for transformative change in Egypt.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
"In this sense, the Mubarak trial mirrors a contradiction defining the wider political scene in Egypt since January."click | email | tweet
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
From Jadaliyya Reports
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- معتقلو موريتانيا في غوانتانامو
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (June 10-16)
- Will the Presidential Elections “Cure the Pain” of the Iranian People?
- الانترنت والعولمة الثقافية
- #resistankara: Notes of a Woman Resisting
- It Is About the Park: A Struggle for Turkey’s Cities
- 'Ottomanalgia' and the Protests in Turkey
- إصلاح بروتوكول باريس في عامه العشرين: أسئلة وأجوبة لإرضاء الإصلاحي العنيد
- Report from Istanbul: Koray Caliskan on Democracy Now
- Syria Media Roundup (June 13)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (June 14)
- Debunking the Myth of the Zionist Left
- Iran’s Presidential Elections: The Live Embers of a Democratic Opposition Glow
- Sultan of Sultans
- On the Margins Roundup (June)
- The Spring of Turkey, The Fall of Erdogan
- A Crucial Election for Iran's Reform Movement
- A Pro-Government Newspaper in Turkey Blasts Jadaliyya for Its Role in the Protests!
- Praise for the "Marginal Groups"
- Tahrir to Taksim: We Demand the Fall of the System (Video)