From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
In this series of interviews, leading cartoonists from the Arab world talk about the revolutions transforming the region through the prism of their own work. Below, we feature the first interview in the series, conducted with Ali Farzat, the Syrian cartoonist who was attacked by thugs, considered to be part of the Syrian regime's shabbiha. They beat him and broke both of his hands.
In Arabic (with English subtitles):
[Published by permission from Samar Media. You can visit Samar Media on Facebook.]
1 comment for "Syrian Cartoonist Ali Ferzat: 'They broke my hands to stop me from drawing Assad' (Video)"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
The project does not take for granted the notion that these are truly competitive elections equally accessible to all important social forces in Egypt, and featuring serious candidates and real political parties with meaningful agendas and coherent political platforms.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Roundtable On Refugee Crisis: Historical Legacies, Political Context, and Legal Mechanisms
- Loeterman’s Documentary on Palestine (1913): Seeds of Conflict
- Palestine Media Roundup (October 1 – 7)
- Teach-In On Gaza: History, Politics, and Economics (GU Event)
- المدن نساء حلم متأخر
- Whitewashing Colonialism
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (August-October)
- Life in the Qandil Mountains of Iraqi Kurdistan
- Battlefield Syria: An Interview with Omar Dahi
- دعوة للمساهمة في دورية "اختيار" الثانية
- New Texts Out Now: Najat Rahman, In the Wake of the Poetic: Palestinian Artists after Darwish
- An Interview with Egyptian Novelist Sonallah Ibrahim
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (October 6)
- Quick Thoughts on Sanctions and Elite Factionalization in Syria: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Samer Abboud
- Migrant States, Mobile Economies: Rethinking the Political in Contemporary Turkey (GMU Event)
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 5)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 5)
- Netanyahu at the UN: Jadaliyya Co-Editor Noura Erakat Interview by Al-Jazeera America
- A Portrait of Moustafa Fathi
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 28- October 4)