From the Editors
In this series of interviews, leading cartoonists from the Arab world talk about the revolutions transforming the region through the prism of their own work. Below, we feature the first interview in the series, conducted with Ali Farzat, the Syrian cartoonist who was attacked by thugs, considered to be part of the Syrian regime's shabbiha. They beat him and broke both of his hands.
In Arabic (with English subtitles):
[Published by permission from Samar Media. You can visit Samar Media on Facebook.]
1 comment for "Syrian Cartoonist Ali Ferzat: 'They broke my hands to stop me from drawing Assad' (Video)"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"A main objective behind these unwritten regulations [of entry to public spaces] is promoting a suitable environment for capital investments and high-end consumption… for them, public spaces should be exclusive of lower income groups whose practices do not qualify as tasteful according to their social position."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- بدايات، فصلية ثقافية فكرية: لكل فصول التغيير
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 8-14)
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 15)
- Jamal ad-Din al-Afghani: A Profile from the Archives
- Maghreb Media Roundup (September 12)
- The Question of Judeo/Arabic(s): Itineraries of Belonging [Lecture at GMU]
- Syria Media Roundup (September 13)
- Announcing the New Issue of Middle East Report -- Fuel and Water: The Coming Crises
- The University of Illinois Board of Trustees Votes against Reinstating Professor Salaita
- Behind the Bahraini Revolution: An Interview with Maryam Al-Khawaja
- Algeria’s Jewish Past-Present
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (10 September)
- ملف من الأرشيف: محمد عبده
- Salaita Speaks Out: A Report-Back from the Press Conference
- New Texts Out Now: Linda Herrera, Revolution in the Age of Social Media: The Egyptian Popular Insurrection and the Internet
- First Official Statement by Steven Salaita Concerning His Termination from UIUC
- Today’s Intellectuals: Too Obedient?
- The Un-Islamic State
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 8)
- داعش: انفجار السرديات
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
@theCCR Apologies, it is being reposted shortly.
yesterday at 9:22 AM
Egypt Media Roundup (September 15) http://t.co/NNK1b2uJk6
yesterday at 7:57 AM
Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 8-14) http://t.co/nO20k9f4b8
yesterday at 7:26 AM
what happened in #syria this week? http://t.co/krr62UhotQ
yesterday at 5:21 AM
apply now #fellowships #Arabscholars http://t.co/4hq4EK26Ha
yesterday at 5:20 AM