From the Editors
In this series of interviews, leading cartoonists from the Arab world talk about the revolutions transforming the region through the prism of their own work. Below, we feature the first interview in the series, conducted with Ali Farzat, the Syrian cartoonist who was attacked by thugs, considered to be part of the Syrian regime's shabbiha. They beat him and broke both of his hands.
In Arabic (with English subtitles):
[Published by permission from Samar Media. You can visit Samar Media on Facebook.]
1 comment for "Syrian Cartoonist Ali Ferzat: 'They broke my hands to stop me from drawing Assad' (Video)"
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
“To Israel, South Sudan is another formerly-enslaved nation that escaped the clutches of Muslim violence and intolerance.”click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- When Your Name is on the Blacklist
- عندما يكون اسمك على "القائمة السوداء"
- Statement by Scholar Ann Laura Stoler Endorsing BDS against Israel
- Turkey’s New Migration Policy: Control Through Bureaucratization
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (September 22-28)
- El Rass
- Excavating the Sky
- Egypt Media Roundup (September 29)
- Propaganda, Politics, and Profiteering: Islamic Law in the Contemporary United States
- Turkey after Gezi: An Interview with Simten Cosar
- Tadween Spotlight: Gaza
- Evden Emlaga Fikirtepe: Rant ve Spekulasyon Ekseninde Kentsel Donusum
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (August-September 2014)
- Syria Media Roundup (September 26)
- Emergency Humanitarian Appeals and Gaza’s On-going Destruction: The Case of Failed Accountability and Sustainability
- Maghreb Media Roundup (September 25)
- Ghassan Salhab: Making of 'The Valley'
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 September)
- New Texts Out Now: Laurie A. Brand, Official Stories: Politics and National Narratives in Egypt and Algeria
- The Growing Phenomenon of Pro-Israeli Advocacy in Chinese Academia
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
When your Name is on the Blacklist http://t.co/hiIIn74mxM
13 hours ago
أمجد ناصر: عندما يكون اسمك على "القائمة السوداء" http://t.co/7hvNhLA9WB
yesterday at 11:48 PM
Statement by Scholar Ann Laura Stoler Endorsing BDS against Israel http://t.co/yWgpqqdOT8
yesterday at 11:52 AM
Call For Papers: Knowledge-Based Development in the Gulf (Kuwait, March 2015) http://t.co/HXjCx621Lv
yesterday at 8:42 AM
Egypt Media Roundup (September 29) http://t.co/EBvdjInkm8
yesterday at 8:10 AM