From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
In this series of interviews, leading cartoonists from the Arab world talk about the revolutions transforming the region through the prism of their own work. Below, we feature the first interview in the series, conducted with Ali Farzat, the Syrian cartoonist who was attacked by thugs, considered to be part of the Syrian regime's shabbiha. They beat him and broke both of his hands.
In Arabic (with English subtitles):
[Published by permission from Samar Media. You can visit Samar Media on Facebook.]
1 comment for "Syrian Cartoonist Ali Ferzat: 'They broke my hands to stop me from drawing Assad' (Video)"
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"the potential dangers of labeling the Ottomans as another colonial power [in Africa]: Rather than asserting themselves as the rightful and hegemonic rules of a borderlands region, they represented themselves to their local interlocutors as alternative allies to the otherwise impeding arrival of European colonial rule."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Maghreb Media Roundup (November 21)
- Give Palestinian Children a Voice
- On the Margins Roundup (November)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (November 19)
- شعراء ما بعد الطوفان
- New Texts Out Now: Lina Khatib, Dina Matar, and Atef Alshaer, The Hizbullah Phenomenon: Politics and Communication
- New Texts Out Now: Rula Jurdi Abisaab and Malek Abisaab, The Shi‘ites of Lebanon: Modernism, Communism, and Hizbullah’s Islamists
- Migration, Fisheries, and the Supremacy of European Interests in Mauritania
- مجلة “الوضع” الصوتية على الهواء أصغوا وساهموا
- Status Audio Journal is Live! Listen Away and Contribute
- Syria Media Roundup (November 18)
- Turkey Media Roundup (November 18)
- R-Shief Launches New Research Tools Allowing Full Access to Social Media Archives
- Armenian Diaspora Tourism in Turkey: An Interview with Anny Bakalian
- Sexual Violence, Women’s Bodies, and Israeli Settler Colonialism
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (November 10-16)
- Kenneth Balfelt
- Egypt Media Roundup (November 17)
- منظمة التحرير الفلسطينية: حان الوقت للتوقف عن المماطلة
- UCLA's Center for Near East Studies Response to Smear Campaign