From the Editors
In this series of interviews, leading cartoonists from the Arab world talk about the revolutions transforming the region through the prism of their own work. Below, we feature the first interview in the series, conducted with Ali Farzat, the Syrian cartoonist who was attacked by thugs, considered to be part of the Syrian regime's shabbiha. They beat him and broke both of his hands.
In Arabic (with English subtitles):
[Published by permission from Samar Media. You can visit Samar Media on Facebook.]
1 comment for "Syrian Cartoonist Ali Ferzat: 'They broke my hands to stop me from drawing Assad' (Video)"
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"After the intifada of the Pearl Roundabout, with the security solution and attacking on protesters, Bahraini TV began a campaign to call for the firing of workers that participated in the marches or the general strike."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- من إنجيل العراق الضائع
- Revolutionary Street Art: Complicating the Discourse
- Khalil Sweileh: from Barbarians' Paradise
- Djerba, Tunisia: Garbage Disposal, the Environmental Crisis, and the Awakening of Ecoconsciousness
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 25-31)
- On SJP’s Freedom to Organize: An Open Letter from CUNY Faculty
- New Texts (NEWTON) Compilation by Category For Fall Semester
- One Century after World War I and the Balfour Declaration: Palestine and Palestine Studies
- Italian-Palestinian Relations: What Went Wrong?
- From Containment to Counterinsurgency in the Gaza Strip
- Sharing the Nile Waters According to Needs
- After The Ceasefire: Searching for Accountability
- Cities Media Roundup (August 1-30)
- Message From Human Rights Defender Maryam al-Khawaja
- Beard Phobia
- نفس الكتاب".. جرحٌ تعجز الكتابة عن لَأْمِه"
- On the Margins Roundup (August)
- Prominent Human Rights Lawyer Ahmed Seif al-Islam Dies
- An Open Letter
- New Texts Out Now: Erin Runions, The Babylon Complex: Theopolitical Fantasies of War, Sex, and Sovereignty
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Breaking! Chancellor Wise to Forward Salaita Appointment to Trustees. Read two explanations here: http://t.co/kuKnXOYS5p via @CoreyRobin
yesterday at 8:27 PM
Djerba, Tunisia: Garbage Disposal, the Environmental Crisis, and the Awakening of Ecoconsciousness http://t.co/7PNcZKV47u
yesterday at 4:23 PM
سنان أنطون: من إنجيل العراق الضائع http://t.co/MMn2DoRPhy
yesterday at 3:13 PM
Call for Submissions: Rhonda A. Saad Prize for Best Graduate Paper in Modern and Contemporary Arab Art http://t.co/aHY0mnUmdj
yesterday at 11:03 AM
Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 25-31) http://t.co/hHrD9k6F9m
yesterday at 7:18 AM